JMU sports' case to join the American Athletic Conference | Page 2 | The Boneyard

JMU sports' case to join the American Athletic Conference

Reaction Score
Greetings from my desert abode.
That’s a cheap shot and buy in to the pregame narrative, from someone that didn’t see the game . I actually made the trek to the God forsaken west valley that day.
Oklahoma was a big favorite , but with a bunch of time left in the 4th qtr UConn was driving deep into Oklahoma territory and down 14 points.
Your an alleged big football expert so I don’t have to explain to you. if we punch it in ,its a
one touchdown game in the fourth and anyone’s game. That a far different byline than the alleged blowout. Late interceptions as we were playing catch-up were the big factor in the final score.
We had about 500 yards total offense in that game we also had a guy rush for over a hundred
-twenty yards. Hardly stats of an overpowered victim of Big 12 superiority.
Almost all of that accomplished in the first three quarters. That’s against a pretty decent team. We were a grind out team going out of character to try to win.
The no huddle run an shoot of Landry Jones was a difficult task to defend.
In other words Oklahoma scored 2 late TD’s to make the final look less competitive than it actual was.
If you want to say they blew us out of the water fine but you live in Florida which speaks volumes on your judgement.
I hope your enjoying the hurricane season.
It’s about 90 degrees here today with single digit humidity. I may play 18 this afternoon.
I hope you don’t sweat too much.
Best wishes
From beautiful Arizona

It is a beautiful sky blue day, low humidity, warm in the sun but temperature in the high 60's, here on the ridge in western North Carolina....I don't live in Florida during the hellish months....I migrate like a wild goose to my mountain home.

And I've been in Arizona (but it's a dry heat!)...yeah. The Valley of the Sun is nice in some months, but spending every summer there for eternity would give Dante inspiration. A new level of modern sinners with guys in plaid pants and white belts swinging silver clubs under perpetual sun lamps.

Reaction Score
Actually, it had a 6.2 rating and 10.8 million viewers.

The 2015 Fiesta Bowl (the last one that wasn't a playoff game) had a 4.6 rating and 7.4 million viewers.

So it moved the needle somewhere.

I count Oklahoma as at least the outskirts of Jimbo-Dabo land.

Yep....but in context of the time...that 2010 Fiesta Bowl was down 22% from the previous year...and had the lowest ratings and lowest viewership of any of the previous ten years of Fiesta Bowls

Reaction Score
I think eventually JMU would be a good addition to AAC. Don’t know much about the school overall but it does have a good rep academically.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
I think eventually JMU would be a good addition to AAC. Don’t know much about the school overall but it does have a good rep academically.

For those of us who have rooting interests in the CAA, it would also get JMU out of our hair!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom