JMU sports' case to join the American Athletic Conference | The Boneyard

JMU sports' case to join the American Athletic Conference

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
If UMass had agreed to join the MAC in full, Old Dominion would have been the partner. The MAC wouldn't take them as a stand alone or find another team to pair.

Reaction Score
If JMU is ever in the same conference as UConn I'm done with college sports.

This sound like a sure fire way to add credibility to the AAC and promote the AAC as a Power 6. While we're at it, lets see if Delaware is interested.....there is a program more than successful as the Div.2, 1-aa and FCS level.......winning NC's at all levels.

The Power 5 would be drooling to play a team from the AAC!

This is a sure fire way to destroy UConn's credibility. If this happened I'd stay home and watch real CFB on TV.......but I will also be done with the AAC and UConn.

I'm with you, BUConn10!

Reaction Score
Is it sad that I read that whole article and I still don't know what JMU stands for?

Reaction Score
James Madison University.
Ha yes I realized that from the comments on this board. But that entire article only used JMU and that's really bad journalism.

Reaction Score
If JMU is ever in the same conference as UConn I'm done with college sports.
"If UConn is ever in the same conference as ours I will quit sports" said an FSU and Clemson fan.

SEP 2 (SAT) 6 P.M.
AT ECU
GREENVILLE, N.C.
TV: ESPN3 RADIO: JMU SPRINT BROADCAST NETWORK
JMU 34-ECU 14

Last edited:

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
"If UConn is ever in the same conference as ours I will quit sports" said an FSU and Clemson fan.
*Rewind that FSU and Clemson fans' insight back about 2 years when we are an annual powerhouse winning FFs and titles and fresh off a BCS trip, as opposed to sanctions and losing football​

"I hope we add UConn, they are killing it."

Perception is everything, and timing is key.

Reaction Score
Perception is everything...and the ACC football schools' perception of that UConn 2010 season may be different than a Husky fan's.

...believe it or not...that 2010 8-5 season .... with the Huskies in a three way tie for the conference championship, and going to the BCS to get beaten by four touchdowns, probably did not move the needle much down in Dabo-Jimbo land.

Reaction Score
Then I suppose Notre Dame losing by 4 touchdowns to Alabama in 2013 must have really move the needle in Dumbo-Dimbo land.

Reaction Score
After all is said and done, Irish football is a traditional national brand. Not that they play football in the ACC. Yes they lost big in the National Championship game...

Reaction Score
Perception is everything...and the ACC football schools' perception of that UConn 2010 season may be different than a Husky fan's.

...believe it or not...that 2010 8-5 season .... with the Huskies in a three way tie for the conference championship, and going to the BCS to get beaten by four touchdowns, probably did not move the needle much down in Dabo-Jimbo land.
Greetings from my desert abode.
That’s a cheap shot and buy in to the pregame narrative, from someone that didn’t see the game . I actually made the trek to the God forsaken west valley that day.
Oklahoma was a big favorite , but with a bunch of time left in the 4th qtr UConn was driving deep into Oklahoma territory and down 14 points.
Your an alleged big football expert so I don’t have to explain to you. if we punch it in ,its a
one touchdown game in the fourth and anyone’s game. That a far different byline than the alleged blowout. Late interceptions as we were playing catch-up were the big factor in the final score.
We had about 500 yards total offense in that game we also had a guy rush for over a hundred
-twenty yards. Hardly stats of an overpowered victim of Big 12 superiority.
Almost all of that accomplished in the first three quarters. That’s against a pretty decent team. We were a grind out team going out of character to try to win.
The no huddle run an shoot of Landry Jones was a difficult task to defend.
In other words Oklahoma scored 2 late TD’s to make the final look less competitive than it actual was.
If you want to say they blew us out of the water fine but you live in Florida which speaks volumes on your judgement.
I hope your enjoying the hurricane season.
It’s about 90 degrees here today with single digit humidity. I may play 18 this afternoon.
I hope you don’t sweat too much.
Best wishes
From beautiful Arizona

Reaction Score
Greetings from my desert abode.
That’s a cheap shot and buy in to the pregame narrative, from someone that didn’t see the game . I actually made the trek to the God forsaken west valley that day.
Oklahoma was a big favorite , but with a bunch of time left in the 4th qtr UConn was driving deep into Oklahoma territory and down 14 points.
Your an alleged big football expert so I don’t have to explain to you. if we punch it in ,its a
one touchdown game in the fourth and anyone’s game. That a far different byline than the alleged blowout. Late interceptions as we were playing catch-up were the big factor in the final score.
We had about 500 yards total offense in that game we also had a guy rush for over a hundred
-twenty yards. Hardly stats of an overpowered victim of Big 12 superiority.
Almost all of that accomplished in the first three quarters. That’s against a pretty decent team. We were a grind out team going out of character to try to win.
The no huddle run an shoot of Landry Jones was a difficult task to defend.
In other words Oklahoma scored 2 late TD’s to make the final look less competitive than it actual was.
If you want to say they blew us out of the water fine but you live in Florida which speaks volumes on your judgement.
I hope your enjoying the hurricane season.
It’s about 90 degrees here today with single digit humidity. I may play 18 this afternoon.
I hope you don’t sweat too much.
Best wishes
From beautiful Arizona

... and our tight end had 2 Sooners draped all over him at the 3 yard line. No pass Interference. No OU penalties until 40 seconds left in the game.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Late interceptions as we were playing catch-up were the big factor in the final score...
... as OU had no compunction in running up the score. Whenever I hear stuff like "go for it, what have you got to lose?" I think about that game. We lost a lot.

Reaction Score
MXOBr2V.png

Reaction Score

Actually, it had a 6.2 rating and 10.8 million viewers.

The 2015 Fiesta Bowl (the last one that wasn't a playoff game) had a 4.6 rating and 7.4 million viewers.

So it moved the needle somewhere.

I count Oklahoma as at least the outskirts of Jimbo-Dabo land.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom