2022 Recruiting: - JJ Starling | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: JJ Starling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Or it signals that he plans to give Jackson some run at PG. Especially as we are recruiting a 6'6" PG for 2023. Meanwhile, Gaffney is still a PG, even if most of us think he's likely to play off the ball more. Does Cole want to be in college for a 6th year?
Recruiting a 2023 PG would be the smart thing to do if you planned on Cole coming back for a 6th year, so that makes sense. I was skeptical about Cole wanting to come back but all the comments from Hurley and people in the know on the Boneyard have said otherwise

Reaction Score
Or it signals that he plans to give Jackson some run at PG. Especially as we are recruiting a 6'6" PG for 2023. Meanwhile, Gaffney is still a PG, even if most of us think he's likely to play off the ball more. Does Cole want to be in college for a 6th year?

What 6'6 PG are we recruiting for 2023? Jayden Lemond is the only PG I thought we offered so far, and he's 6'3 or 6'4. Right?

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
What 6'6 PG are we recruiting for 2023? Jayden Lemond is the only PG I thought we offered so far, and he's 6'3 or 6'4. Right?
I’ve got a hunch they’re referring to Simeon Wilcher but I could be wrong and I don’t think he’s 6’6 either.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Again, JJ is NOT a PG.

I’ve got a hunch they’re referring to Simeon Wilcher but I could be wrong and I don’t think he’s 6’6 either.
I think they’re referring to Reid.

Reaction Score
I thought Stephon Castle was a 6'5 pg and Lamothe was 6'4?

Reaction Score
Going to be great to have him see Bouk going top 10
i was thinking more of a lou williams but is bouk a good comp? slight of frame off guards. silky smooth. good handles but not good passers. good finishers around the rim. elite scoring ability. starling a better 3 pt shooter but bouk more athletic.

Reaction Score
i was thinking more of a lou williams but is bouk a good comp? slight of frame off guards. silky smooth. good handles but not good passers. good finishers around the rim. elite scoring ability. starling a better 3 pt shooter but bouk more athletic.

No he isn't. Bouk is a much better athlete. World's better finisher. Not as good of a shooter at the same stage. Better ballhandler. I hadn't seen JJ make a half-court finish at the rim until literally yesterday in 4+ games.

Reaction Score
No he isn't. Bouk is a much better athlete. World's better finisher. Not as good of a shooter at the same stage. Better ballhandler. I hadn't seen JJ make a half-court finish at the rim until literally yesterday in 4+ games.
bad finisher and not a great passer or ballhandler for a CG. you dont sound as hyped about him as others. if his only strength is shooting at 6'2 it doesnt seem like he'll become a 5*

Last edited:
Reaction Score
bad finisher and not a great passer or ballhandler for a CG. you dont sound as hyped about him as others. if his only strength is shooting at 6'2 it doesnt seem like he'll become a 5*

I don't think he'll become a 5*. Not a diverse enough skillset imo. I also would prefer him to any of the other CGs we're recruiting right now, so I wouldn't say I'm not hype... just realistic. You're buying into Ucann's hyperbole too much. JJ is really good at the most important skill in the game.... that matters. I wouldn't say he's a BAD ballhandler or athlete, just not great. I would, however, say he is a BAD passer.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
We may have to compete a little for this one. Has been the best guard at peach jam thus far. Duke has 3 guys on him now.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
I don't know if there is any kind of clear leader for JJ Starling at this point, but I do think some prime competitors are starting to emerge.

The top 40 guard from New York who attends La Lumiere in Indiana will definitely be setting up some fall visits and my understanding that finding a great balance between hoops and high end academics is going to play a very large role in making his decision.

I would never want to rule out Syracuse. A return home is always appealing and the Orange are typically strong with kids who grew up with a great knowledge of the program. Duke has turned things up a bit of late and watched him a lot over the last weekend so they'll certainly be in the mix. Stanford is another that looks to be a very legitimate option as well. Those are three that stand out to me. A few others that I would maybe keep an eye on as programs in shouting distance are Maryland, Northwestern, Notre Dame and UConn.

There are a lot of respectable schools on that list. And Syracuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom