Jimmy Dykes new coach at Arkansas (merged) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jimmy Dykes new coach at Arkansas (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
One never knows how a hiring will turn out - sometimes it's great to think outside the box.

But, in the classic "eye" test, it does make you shake your head.

Arkansas sure as hell shoulda known the backlash would come. Great atmosphere for Jimmy to step in to.

I really want them to schedule USCw - just to hear the announcers deal with the coaches' names.... :cool:

Reaction Score
One never knows how a hiring will turn out - sometimes it's great to think outside the box.

But, in the classic "eye" test, it does make you shake your head.

Arkansas sure as hell shoulda known the backlash would come. Great atmosphere for Jimmy to step in to.

I really want them to schedule USCw - just to hear the announcers deal with the coaches' names.... :cool:
Ha - must-see TV for sure!

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Dykes knows the game. Anyone who has heard him dissect/diagram plays on television knows that his basketball IQ and his Xs and Os are superb.

So I have no doubt that his players will develop and improve. That is an ideal trait in a basketball coach.

The lack of coaching experience in the women's game does not bother me (he has been calling women's games for years). The lack of head coaching experience does not bother me.

But the combination of both - lack of experience as a head coach and lack of coaching experience in the women's game - bothers me.

The key for Dykes is to bring in a top-flight assistant coach who has worked with a coach like Geno, Muffet, etc. and who understands the women's game through and through.

It will either be a brilliant hire or a Michael Cooper/USC hire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32
Top Bottom