Jim Mora, UConn picking up pieces and continuing the work of building after one-sided loss at Michigan/?QB Roster Addition (Amore @ Courant) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jim Mora, UConn picking up pieces and continuing the work of building after one-sided loss at Michigan/?QB Roster Addition (Amore @ Courant)

Reaction Score

I hope I’m wrong but he committed to Princeton, walked on at Arizona, left in the spring and showed up at UConn in the middle of September?

Very glad we have another QB for practice but I won’t be putting any faith or expectations in just yet.

But in all sincerity welcome to UConn.

Good on Mora to get him. Shows some resourcefulness. Quitting on the season is easy but Mora isn’t going gently into that good night.

Reaction Score
I hope I’m wrong but he committed to Princeton, walked on at Arizona, left in the spring and showed up at UConn in the middle of September?

Very glad we have another QB for practice but I won’t be putting any faith or expectations in just yet.

But in all sincerity welcome to UConn.

Good on Mora to get him. Shows some resourcefulness. Quitting on the season is easy but Mora isn’t going gently into that good night.
Mora doesn't look like the quitting type. I am as surprised as others that they can add another player this late in the season. I thought they had to enroll in classes sometime in August. But I'll leave it to the others who know about the procedures and paperwork. Welcome to UConn.

Reaction Score

The extent of their reporting is putting a recorder on the podium in front of Mora and regurgitating what he says.

Before the Syracuse game some Syracuse student wrote a long piece on Zion Turner. He interviewed high school teammates and coaches. It was really well done. You rarely if ever see an effort like that from our reporters.

Stanley from The Office would literally put in more work than these guys.

Reaction Score
I’m sure he is enrolled in classes otherwise he would never be able to participate this year! The paperwork referred to is probably confirming eligibility with NCAA! My guess
is probably has been on campus since early September but not cleared to practic.

Reaction Score
I think Zion has been pretty good so far (not great), and will remain QB1, he just doesn’t have any WRs who can get open and catch. Brandon seems like a backup option if god forbid Zion was to go down too, as I don’t see Cade or Tyler being strong candidates to step up

Reaction Score
I think Zion has been pretty good so far (not great), and will remain QB1, he just doesn’t have any WRs who can get open and catch. Brandon seems like a backup option if god forbid Zion was to go down too, as I don’t see Cade or Tyler being strong candidates to step up

If Puma is healthy he absolutely would be the guy. The last time this offense was watchable was when he was QB. We almost beat Wyoming and Vandy with him.

He’s not going to win any awards but he’s was miles better last season than anything we have seen from Zion.

Reaction Score
Good read by Amore.

Alternate access link here <<<

-> Jim Mora has never had a day like Saturday, when the UConn football team lost 59-0 at Michigan, so he’s never had to coach a team through the physical and mental toll such a day takes. He went to work on it when the Huskies boarded the bus at Ann Arbor, watching video. By the time their plane took off, he’d watched it all and began the process of putting pieces back together. <-

-> “We are trying to identify guys who can help us win,” Mora said. “We’re trying to identify better ways to put players in position to have success, guys who are doing it the right way. We’re trying to identify guys who aren’t doing it the right way and figure out why, if we’re not coaching it right, which is where we always start, if they’re unable to do some of the things we’re asking them to.” <-

-> By Sunday afternoon, Mora had a to-do list for the week. “I’ve got it written down right here,” he said, picking up a sheet of paper. “We have to eliminate the ‘if onlys.’ If only we’d have done this. If only we’d have done that. Those excuses, because you can find them on every play. ... Let’s accept the challenge, and let’s measure ourselves against ourselves and our potential, our standard and not our opponent and not the scoreboard. That’s an approach we have to take right now. Are we playing to the best of our ability on every play?”

“Eventually, that’s not going to be OK. You can’t judge yourself on that. It’s got to be on wins and losses. That’s pretty contrary to the way I have always thought, but the situation that we’re in, it’s important we concentrate on ourselves as we build this thing. [We are not] relenting. There’s way too much pride and competitive here. We have eight games left, and I see no reason we can’t be a very, very good football team by the end of the year, one people are proud of and one our players are proud to be a part of.” <-

-> Mora agreed improvement in true freshman quarterback Zion Turner is “hard to see,” and he attributes some of the lack of downfield passing to receivers not getting open, but expects more downfield passing as the season goes on. ... Mora expects to add another quarterback to the roster, but necessary paperwork is not yet completed. <-

LOL. So if you translate what he's saying, he's saying all we can do is try to execute.

Just sayin ....

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Another healthy arm. Let's just look past the fact that he was still available 4 week into the season. He's definitely the second coming of Matt Carpenter (yankees fans will get this)

Reaction Score
Another healthy arm. Let's just look past the fact that he was still available 4 week into the season. He's definitely the second coming of Matt Carpenter (yankees fans will get this)
Lol. As a person who doesn't like baseball, I would have a tough time naming any current player.

Reaction Score
If Puma is healthy he absolutely would be the guy. The last time this offense was watchable was when he was QB. We almost beat Wyoming and Vandy with him.

He’s not going to win any awards but he’s was miles better last season than anything we have seen from Zion.
Wyoming was sleep walking through the 1st half when he went 12-18 the defense finally woke up he went 7-21.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom