Jim Mora Expected to be Named HC | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Jim Mora Expected to be Named HC

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If he can reel in some Clemson transfers while he's down there that would be greeeaaaattt.
B63BCDEF-A740-45A5-B20B-80105F37B724.jpeg

“Hey! Hey! Number 22! You been in yet today? Because we got all kinds of playing time over here, just saying!

Reaction Score
These Old guys, P, Edsall, are mainly collecting one final round of paychecks before they ride off into the sunset permanently.
Exactly why we could not figure that out is beyond. Edsall decided to take the year off from football. Just another grifter!

Reaction Score
Just the opposite. An intelligent move on Benedict's part.

It’s the only move. If he becomes a head coach before a certain date then he stops getting UCLA money or has to give some back.

Plus, what good would it do if he was the HC? Set him loose to recruit and build a network.

Reaction Score
And great job Dave B of alienating our most visible football alum.

To be fair, DO seems slowly be turning into a somewhat insufferable the longer he stays at ESPN. His spots on the morning show are a bit annoying, TBH.

AD David Benedict really had no reason to reach out to him for anything related to coaching spots. He has absolutely no experience, and it's not like he could hire him as a QB coach before finding a new HC.

DO should know how it works since he's now an "insider in the business". That post is just silly twitter sour grapes IMHO.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
The guy will be 65 when his contract ends. Uggh. Can we stop with the 60 year old + coaches? I want someone no older than 50 to actually be invested in rebuilding the program. Maybe he'll hire Pasqualoni as his Defensive Coordinator....
Stupid post. So somebody in their 50's can't be invested in the program? Just stop. Stick to hoops.

Reaction Score
To be fair, DO seems slowly be turning into a somewhat insufferable the longer he stays at ESPN. His spots on the morning show are a bit annoying, TBH.

AD David Benedict really had no reason to reach out to him for anything related to coaching spots. He has absolutely no experience, and it's not like he could hire him as a QB coach before finding a new HC.

DO should know how it works since he's now an "insider in the business". That post is just silly twitter sour grapes IMHO.
That’s what espn hires him for. Same exact reason they pay SAS

Reaction Score
Stupid post. So somebody in their 50's can't be invested in the program? Just stop. Stick to hoops.
Same people would welcome Calhoun back with open arms if Hurley ever left. But yeah a 59 year old football coach is too old. Basketball folks are delusional sometimes.

Reaction Score
As in career after UConn? He certainly won’t be fired from here if this doesn’t work out. His life here is solely based on Dan Hurley and Dan Hurley only.
Not true. Not true at all. We’re hemorrhaging money in the Athetic Department. You don’t think the University isn’t judging him on getting paying fannies back in their seats at the Rent?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This is the first UConn football coaching hire I have ever liked. He wants to win and is a big time coach with a big time resume. I also have no doubt that he will go to Moscow if he thinks there is someone that can help UConn win there, which means we can stop this crap about not recruiting transfers. Mora needs to live in the Transfer Portal the next two years until we get our talent level up to mid-major level.

Reaction Score
Stop. This isn’t a bad hire because of how P and Randy 2.0 worked out, no more than it’s a good hire because we didn’t go the Diaco route. This hire — like any other decision — should be judged on its own merits.

(Note that I didn’t say it was good or bad. )
Not only are the hires of P and Randy 2.0 irrelevant, there’s a world of difference in their statuses. P & Randy were both fired at their last college jobs, while Mora was successful at UCLA.

Reaction Score
Not true. Not true at all. We’re hemorrhaging money in the Athetic Department. You don’t think the University isn’t judging him on getting paying fannies back in their seats at the Rent?
We've been hemorrhaging money since the move up to FBS. Something like only 20 schools have an AD that operates in the black. You can't make money without investing in the program.

Reaction Score
Same people would welcome Calhoun back with open arms if Hurley ever left. But yeah a 59 year old football coach is too old. Basketball folks are delusional sometimes.

Hiring a basketball coach is very different from hiring football coaches. Schools can hire a basketball coach and if they’re really satisfied stick with them for a generation or more. In football, coaches in the P5 don’t last for more than two or three bad seasons and the average tenure is much less. Hiring a 60 year old football coach is fine. Hiring a 60 year old basketball coach in most instances wouldn’t make sense.,

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
First, where have all you lurkers been?

Second, my initial reaction, was "Wow!" That was more name than I was expecting, so in terms of demonstrating a commitment to FB, check the box.

Third, it was always going to come down to a choice between the best retread or an unknown.

I was not excited about Golden or any other head coach who had one decent season at a middling school once and is now looking for a second chance. I was less excited about a coach making lateral move from some other also ran G5 program.

I said at the beginning that I was going to trust AD David Benedict because it was his job on the line and I knew he would take it seriously as a guy from a FB first culture. So, I'm fine going with experience vs trying to catch lightning in a bottle. I'm sure he has heard all about the PP/GDL retirement scam.

If you were looking for the biggest name that you could convince to come to UConn, a Jim Mora would be at or near the top of the list. I don't think Jim needs the money and he is better than PP on his worst day.

If this doesn't work it will be because of recruiting. I don't think we will need to worry about lack of FB IQ.

Results will matter, but today I'm pretty darn pleased. The message this sends about commitment can't be overstated.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom