Jim Mora Expected to be Named HC | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Jim Mora Expected to be Named HC

Reaction Score
You can't be serious to think that his appropriate (and mandatory) reference to how important it is to be on board with CT HS coaches and retaining our in-state talent, somehow means that Mora thinks it's more important to recruit CT than recruiting in the areas where talent is abundant. He's not that stupid and neither are you.
Didn’t say a word about Mora. WAs only responding to the post

Reaction Score
He’s a very solid hire by any reasonable standard, checking pretty much every box. I agree with you, though, that we “didn’t punch above our weight class.” This is exactly the kind of quality hire that we should reasonably expect for our university and is dramatically better than many of the names that were floated on the board.

That’s what I was saying before. This wasn’t a reach. It’s not bad at all but it’s not a knock your socks off deal.

It’s more like: “wow I forgot he was even available”.

Reaction Score
The opinion of a casual fan: pleasantly surprised we hired a guy with his credentials. Lou Spanos is a nice guy, but I do not any retention of our current staff. We need to clean house.

actually ... I am pretty confident that ain't happening

There are some core staff members - and Spanos certainly knows - that will be slated to stay. And I am thinking of the holder of the data files & relationships in recruiting. There was a upgrade from HCRE 1.0 to 2.0. And it ain't specifically in the 9 assistants.

Reaction Score
Joining the staff as an assistant coach until the end of the year is the single strangest part of this whole thing. What a joke
Meh. Whiff of a retread out of CFB for a very long time. Has the advantage of potentially retaining Spanos. DB apparently valued continuity very highly. A very valid concern and we will have to trust DB on this one. Fix it but don't change it sort of mindset. Will keep an open mind. Not wildly enthused at this point but we will wait to see who is on the staff.

But I do hope that he is on the sideline against Clemson.
There is only one thing important here for any coach we hired. We have to be able to bring in players from the transfer portal and Judo players in large numbers. If we can do that the new coach can be successful . If we can not bring in Transfer portal players we will continue to lose no matter if Nick Saban is our coach.

Reaction Score
There is only one thing important here for any coach we hired. We have to be able to bring in players from the transfer portal and Judo players in large numbers. If we can do that the new coach can be successful . If we can not bring in Transfer portal players we will continue to lose no matter if Nick Saban is our coach.

I don’t think he can legally be the HC because UCLA is still paying him.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
He’s well qualified. And nobody else wanted him. If someone else did the chances were good that we wouldn’t get him.
1636651296430.jpeg

Reaction Score
Mora will have direct connections to all the west coast JUCO programs to quickly patch some glaring holes in talent

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Diaco was splashy and creative. Give me a proven leader with success as a head football coach at the highest level. Mora is exactly that. Excellent hire.

I will say excellent hiring process which identified a candidate who meets the criteria you laid out. Whether or not it's an excellent hire has to be seen on the field.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I hope this works out, but no one knows how this will work out, and we will not know for at least 2-3 years.
We won't know the full story for a few years, but we'll have a clue if it's headed in the right direction when we see their activity in the portal, new recruits, recruits retained, and finally when play starts next year. We've seen bad, so hopefully we'll see positive signs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom