Jim Mora Duke Postgame Presser | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jim Mora Duke Postgame Presser

Reaction Score
This is flashback
Tough to beat teams with 4/5 star recruits with mostly 3 star G5 recruits. Football is such a massive investment in coaching and University support. It's made that much harder not being in a conference.
Kids want to play on National TV in front of a full stadium - UConn doesn't offer that....for football .
Basketball checks all those boxes- that's why the men's and women's programs are so successful.
We used to. We need to win to fill the seats and we can absolutely win as an Indy with good coaching. We have a huge problem with offensive coaching. Huge. We are totally inept.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
"This is a long journey. I was discouraged when I came in here last week. I'm not discouraged coming in here this week. I feel hope again, and I think our team feels hope again which is, I know, you can just say "What are you talking about? You just got beat 41-7." But I've coached enough football games to know when things are, there's an undercurrent that's leading to something good, and I also know when there's an undercurrent that's leading to something bad, and there's an undercurrent (here) that's leading to something good. That's what my experience as a football coach, where being involved in this profession for every day that I've been alive, tells me."

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Not gonna bother listening. Proof is in the pudding, or in this case, how the team performs next week and who is actually allowed on the field. Accountability for poor performance has been zero so far this season.

Reaction Score
"This is a long journey. I was discouraged when I came in here last week. I'm not discouraged coming in here this week. I feel hope again, and I think our team feels hope again which is, I know, you can just say "What are you talking about? You just got beat 41-7." But I've coached enough football games to know when things are, there's an undercurrent that's leading to something good, and I also know when there's an undercurrent that's leading to something bad, and there's an undercurrent (here) that's leading to something good. That's what my experience as a football coach, where being involved in this profession for every day that I've been alive, tells me."
Dope smoking can certainly give one the feeling of a positive undercurrent even while being pulled under and drowning. These are the comments of a man with no plan but to sell sunshine while it’s pouring.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
The last 90 seconds is impressive. He really lays into the ACC.

Sorry but not impressive. A side show at best. I'll give HCJM the benefit of the doubt that its not a smokescreen to obscure poor leadership and coaching. For now.

Reaction Score
I want to believe this. I really really do. But I saw or felt nothing like what he was talking about.

I saw a team lacking hustle, lacking the desire & will to fight hard, even though they were clearly the less talented team.

I also saw an offense that ran some of the worst plays imaginable at the worst possible times. It was an absolute sheet-show.

JMU & Utah State are in a 45-38 shootout in the 4th quarter.

Rice & USF just played a 42-29 game.

BC has put up 24+ in every game.

We are so screwed…

Reaction Score
Is Mora a long time friend of Carlton?
FAA5E0B0-579A-40E5-963C-BF30AA34D515.jpeg

Yup best buds

Reaction Score
This is flashback

We used to. We need to win to fill the seats and we can absolutely win as an Indy with good coaching. We have a huge problem with offensive coaching. Huge. We are totally inept.
Edsall 1.0 wasn't feasting on 3 stars, he was making 2 stars into NFL players. Even then if he's getting 3s now as freshmen it will take time.

Reaction Score
No matter whether it is a mid week or post game press conference, no one ever asks about Charlton. Why?
Our reporters suck. They basically have no inside sources (of at least refuse to quote them) and they play with kids gloves. I get going easy on a program if you're getting tons of access but they get nothing and don't ask tough questions.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Tough to beat teams with 4/5 star recruits with mostly 3 star G5 recruits. Football is such a massive investment in coaching and University support. It's made that much harder not being in a conference.
Kids want to play on National TV in front of a full stadium - UConn doesn't offer that....for football .
Basketball checks all those boxes- that's why the men's and women's programs are so successful.
Enough with this. We should be fielding a competent team that can beat teams like Georgia St and especially FIU with ease. Yet look at GSU. Their stadium was empty yet they crushed us with players who were likely ranked lower than our players coming out of HS.

Are we at a disadvantage vs P5 programs? Yes. However, that's not an excuse for why we are not even a respectable team who can beat lower tier teams with ease. Currently WE are that lower tier team that others look at it and are saying that there is no way they should lose to us.

Reaction Score
Don’t need the entire staff to leave, just those that think third and long deep in our end of the field is the key to winning the game.

and time for a run into the line…

Reaction Score
I still support Mora but I would be more sympathetic to his statements if we scored at least one additional touchdown and Duke scored at least one less touchdown in saturdays game.

Reaction Score
Dope smoking can certainly give one the feeling of a positive undercurrent even while being pulled under and drowning. These are the comments of a man with no plan but to sell sunshine while it’s pouring.
Interesting coincidence that the audio started at 4:20….

Reaction Score
Our reporters suck. They basically have no inside sources (of at least refuse to quote them) and they play with kids gloves. I get going easy on a program if you're getting tons of access but they get nothing and don't ask tough questions.
1000%. They are totally useless. I haven’t heard a tough question in yesrs. The Horde? Nah, more like the Bored.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Well I guess the B12 presidents feel (even more) vindicated now ...
This is another thing that enrages me. Did they just see UConn as liostick on a pig, hence the snub again? I wonder, had the invite come, would the boys be playing with greater motivation? A record of 3-1 or 2-2 with close losses maybe has them rethinking the snub. At 0-4, they can claim they were right.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
The last 90 seconds is impressive. He really lays into the ACC.

Which is bad because the ACC schools are really helping us fill out our independent schedule.

Reaction Score
Which is bad because the ACC schools are really helping us fill out our independent schedule.
I've had it with the acc. It's a fubar conference, has no interest in UConn, and pulls crap like yesterday. UConn Football is obviously struggling so the acc has to pull a bs move to screw one of our best players. UConn doesn't need that kind of help.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom