Jim Mora Duke Postgame Presser | The Boneyard

Jim Mora Duke Postgame Presser

Reaction Score
another good press conference, called it as he sees it.

Reaction Score
He didn't say anything anyways.

I like Mora. But that didn't look like putting out a good effort.

Reaction Score
No matter whether it is a mid week or post game press conference, no one ever asks about Charlton. Why?
Honestly, this isn’t SEC country. Our reporters never come after anyone but the head coach. Even then, they do it very gently. It will likely be up to Mora to bring up a specific coach and I don’t think he’ll do it. He’ll make a change at some point, but he won’t preempt a firing in a press conference. He’s too loyal to publicly embarrass one of his guys. I like that about him, but hurry up and make a change already.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Is the entire staff stepping down?
Don’t need the entire staff to leave, just those that think third and long deep in our end of the field is the key to winning the game.

Reaction Score
I’m really disappointed Zion or McDonald haven’t been given a shot late in these blowouts. That said, we are so inept, I’m not sure we are even seeing the real Roberson. We are disorganized, unprepared and our entire offensive philosophy is horrible. Maybe, Roberson stinks because his coaches are clueless.

Reaction Score
I’m concerned that if they think Roberson can play and he just need time to shake off the rust and get used to “seeing” more, then why all the hand offs? You’d think they would want him to be exposed to more pass coverage so he could learn.
The alternative is they don’t really think he’s capable, which is pretty depressing, considering where he came from.

Reaction Score
Team is a disaster. Mora fixed nothing when he promised we wouldn’t see the same garbage we saw against GSTU. Lots of empty words with zero actions. OLine is regressing with an asinine zone blocking scheme and a high school sized center. You could literally recruit a kid out of D3 with more size and talent.

The play calling is absolutely atrocious. Running trips into the short side of the field when we can’t separate as it is. Stupid sweeps against fast teams. WO screens that don’t work. Backs that don’t cut up field. This is a gd crime. The game is not as hard as we make it.

Reaction Score
No way to sugarcoat a record of zero and 4.

If Mora is not up for the job the. UConn should pay belly up a pay the big bucks to get someone who can win.
What possibly makes you think the administration will do what it takes financially regarding the football program? Honestly.

Reaction Score
I get the feeling from his recent pressers that Mora already knows there is no magic this year and he is trying to build culture for the future. Maybe we pull out a win or two, but probably no lightning like last year. I think he will replace Charlton but probably not until next season.

Like others have said, Mora is the best coach we are going to get and while it sux we have given back all the goodwill from last year, given time to make adjustments and build the program, we will be ok with Mora. And if he can’t do it, I am really not sure about someone else magically walking thru the door and saving us.

Reaction Score
Tough to beat teams with 4/5 star recruits with mostly 3 star G5 recruits. Football is such a massive investment in coaching and University support. It's made that much harder not being in a conference.
Kids want to play on National TV in front of a full stadium - UConn doesn't offer that....for football .
Basketball checks all those boxes- that's why the men's and women's programs are so successful.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom