Jim Mora - baseball fan | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jim Mora - baseball fan

Reaction Score
I was looking for him at the string quartet last week but didn't see him.
With how he has gotten around on campus since he arrived, I'm surprised. Seriously, I enjoyed my visits to Jorgensen back in the day, and not just for comedian and pop/rock concerts. One of my favorite things about college and grad school were the cultural event opportunities.

Reaction Score
He is living in the former UCONN President house. Last occupant - I think - was Herbst. He has 10 minute walk to most things. Storrs Center. Geno probably gives him credit. On any given week, we have 7 sports of good quality he can watch. Plus his job. I have thought, for awhile, that there should be high upscale (55 and over) right near campus. Four corners or on the northwestern front. Maybe Dog Lane has more land. Why? I'd do my virtual work and minor travel. Bradley is fairly convenient for other cities. Boston is a fun trip if you can avoid traffic. Beaches. You would be able to schedule multiple good UCONN sports a week. Walk the campus. I'm different I guess - my personal value set - as I could easily make that lifestyle happy. I don't need Teds any longer. And I still have 60 year old UCONN friends playing in bands in nearby towns.

Reaction Score
He is living in the former UCONN President house. Last occupant - I think - was Herbst. He has 10 minute walk to most things. Storrs Center. Geno probably gives him credit. On any given week, we have 7 sports of good quality he can watch. Plus his job. I have thought, for awhile, that there should be high upscale (55 and over) right near campus. Four corners or on the northwestern front. Maybe Dog Lane has more land. Why? I'd do my virtual work and minor travel. Bradley is fairly convenient for other cities. Boston is a fun trip if you can avoid traffic. Beaches. You would be able to schedule multiple good UCONN sports a week. Walk the campus. I'm different I guess - my personal value set - as I could easily make that lifestyle happy. I don't need Teds any longer. And I still have 60 year old UCONN friends playing in bands in nearby towns.
I'm over 55 and that sounds attractive. I'd still go to Ted's though :)

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I'm over 55 and that sounds attractive. I'd still go to Ted's though :)

You are probably the exception. 55 and over in Manfield/Storrs are generally considered the NIMBY population that do things like block the on campus FBS football stadium.

Reaction Score
You are probably the exception. 55 and over in Manfield/Storrs are generally considered the NIMBY population that do things like block the on campus FBS football stadium.

First of all, this won't be big enough to have much impact on the politics. Given land costs & wildly volatile cost of wood plus other key construction line items; then the Bank environment is going to require your For Sale attached product to be predominantly sold by loan closing; and a largely untested market ... I'm thinking no more than 48 units in one phase. If you do it as a rental product, you're going to scare EO Smith. They are going to need assurances you aren't loading their classrooms. Nimby will not bother me.

BTW. You are never going to get the on campus stadium nor the infrastructure necessary.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
BTW. You are never going to get the on campus stadium nor the infrastructure necessary.
Why not? Other than the obvious fact that we already have a state paid for Stadium 30 minutes away. When you say infrastructure, do you mean roads? I see that as less of an issue than many here. I do recognize your expertise, so I’m curious to hear your thoughts.

(Though I don’t think it needs to be said, just to keep the thread from getting derailed too quickly I will acknowledge that a football stadium isn’t going to be built in Storrs for the forseeable future.)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom