Jim Fuller on KML's BB IQ | The Boneyard

Jim Fuller on KML's BB IQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I can definitely agree with this as well as acknowledging that KML,has more skills than being a shoooter
It is when folks are getting so carried away that she is Maya,that Geno has been doing a masterful job with her and the public.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
She makes it sound easy, but that reminds me of Monk, when he used to figure things out. After he explained it, the logic sounded simple, but no one else picked up on it.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Her position at the top of the press, also, demonstrated she is much quicker and faster than many have suspected.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Her position at the top of the press, also, demonstrated she is much quicker and faster than many have suspected.

That did surprise me after watching her videos while in HS.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
When KML puts it all together, watch out. Things I've seen her do other than score:

Rebound aggressively
Front Nneka Ogwumike
Make good entry passes to the post
Make extra passes even when she has a shot she could take
Get in passing lanes
Not show signs of frustration
Play long, intense stretches without tiring

She is going to be so, so good. Basically, as good as she wants to be.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
OK, am I the only one who saw "BB IQ", and their brain read it as BBQ IQ? I was looking forward to her insights on pork v. beef, tomato-base v. vinegar base.

As you can imagine, I'm gonna need to eat an early lunch..a big one..prob'ly sloppy!:)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
When KML puts it all together, watch out. Things I've seen her do other than score:

Rebound aggressively
Front Nneka Ogwumike
Make good entry passes to the post
Make extra passes even when she has a shot she could take
Get in passing lanes
Not show signs of frustration
Play long, intense stretches without tiring
The lack of frustration, specifically in regards to shooting woes, speaks to a maturity that's rather rare in a young player. So is her absolute unflappability. I know she was double- and triple-teamed in high school but she's made the transition to such defenses in college with apparent ease. Consider me impressed.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
OK, am I the only one who saw "BB IQ", and their brain read it as BBQ IQ? I was looking forward to her insights on pork v. beef, tomato-base v. vinegar base.

As you can imagine, I'm gonna need to eat an early lunch..a big one..prob'ly sloppy!:)
BBQ needs strong Burgandies to hold up against it. Or a smokey Pinot Noir to mate with it.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
BBQ needs strong Burgandies to hold up against it. Or a smokey Pinot Noir to mate with it.

Northerners have no idea about BBQ. ;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
That did surprise me after watching her videos while in HS.
I saw her in person in high school and knew she had the stamina and skills to do it effectively. She apparently can do it at this level too.

Reaction Score
Her BB IQ is off the charts. She does things that very few players regardless of Experience recognize and able to do.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
KML is so special that a journalist in earnest used a term, "high [insert sport here] IQ", that is typically only a euphemism for "white and unathletic".

If they start saying (again in earnest) "she's like another coach on the floor" by her sophomore year, she may just be the greatest of all time at the college level.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
KML is so special that a journalist in earnest used a term, "high [insert sport here] IQ", that is typically only a euphemism for "white and unathletic".

If they start saying (again in earnest) "she's like another coach on the floor" by her sophomore year, she may just be the greatest of all time at the college level.

That would make her like Sue Bird who just happens to be on campus at the moment.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Speaking of barbecue, or BBQ.

Lexington, NC, is widely regarded as the Mecca of BBQ. One of many barbecue shrines there has a sign to discourage, once and for all, what the principle ingredient must be. Sign reads:

"We don't hold with beef!"

I love this direct form of communication.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Speaking of barbecue, or BBQ.

Lexington, NC, is widely regarded as the Mecca of BBQ. One of many barbecue shrines there has a sign to discourage, once and for all, what the principle ingredient must be. Sign reads:

"We don't hold with beef!"

I love this direct form of communication.
Everyone from Texas, Kansas City, and Memphis is going to come after with pitchforks if they read that.

Reaction Score
The pulled pork in Lexington is overrated, and that's all they do. There are a dozen places in KC that are better.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
That would make her like Sue Bird who just happens to be on campus at the moment.
It's amazing how much one person can learn from
another while sharing Wendy's. :)

KML's decision making is very good. She has only 4 TOs on the season. Her shot selection is nearly impeccable. Combine that with great skill and you can see why she shoots a high percentage.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
The pulled pork in Lexington is overrated, and that's all they do. There are a dozen places in KC that are better.
I agree. I have had the good fortune to live in both Texas and Missouri, and while (obviously) there is nothing better than a Texas brisket, Gates' BBQ in KC comes close.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
A good chardonay goes well with NC lowlands BBQ with the vinegar mustard seasoning.

Gates BBQ is good but I can find something to commend each of the regional variants. Plus have to love Memphis dry rub for ribs.

Reaction Score
As much as she amazes me with her shooting, she does not impress me with her off ball skills. She often just stands around waiting for the ball to come t0o her, I wish she would step up and move a bit, but this is also a criticism Maya had so we shall see.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
As much as she amazes me with her shooting, she does not impress me with her off ball skills. She often just stands around waiting for the ball to come t0o her, I wish she would step up and move a bit, but this is also a criticism Maya had so we shall see.
Geno would disagree with you and has noted that KML is in constant movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom