Jim Calhoun to win ESPYS Best Coach award | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jim Calhoun to win ESPYS Best Coach award

Reaction Score
:rolleyes: Weird hill to die on buddy, just saying.

Eh, I guess. At the end of the day, I choose to look at the specific instance. I don't see " xxxxx xxxxxx Jim Calhoun xxx x xxxxx xxxxx" and assume it's TOTALLY AWESOME!

Reaction Score
It is an event to raise money for cancer research and they are honoring a legendary coach who battled the disease. Lame!
Agreed. How awful of them, awful of Calhoun to accept, and awful of boneyarders to think it's a nice honor.

Reaction Score
It is an event to raise money for cancer research and they are honoring a legendary coach who battled the disease. Lame!

Then you should be proud of your generous contribution to the V Foundation. Good for you.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Obviously past due for recognition like this. Very few people will ever be able to do anything as well as Jim Calhoun coached(coaches) basketball. Jim Calhoun coached teams in tournament settings were flat out scary no one wanted any piece of us we were mentally tougher and more well prepared than you every time. Some of the best moments of my life are because of this man. 04 ship as a student was pretty much the best moment of my life sans the birth of my daughter. Miss him.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's an infomercial for ESPN. JC isn't getting an ESPN award if the "Calhoun Project" was on Fox.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Eh, I guess. At the end of the day, I choose to look at the specific instance. I don't see " xxxxx xxxxxx Jim Calhoun xxx x xxxxx xxxxx" and assume it's TOTALLY AWESOME!
At the end of the day I see 'Jim Calhoun ESPN Coach of the Year' and think "good for Jim." He's in the last year or two of his career. They are making up a video montage for guy, he'll get to stand up in front on an enthusiastic crowd, and he'll get another award to throw in the office. It's nothin' but good.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Hey, it’s no cardiac pump (or even a kayak), but there’s nothing wrong with it.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
FWIW, Deep could be JC's biggest fan on the Yard. Based on 20 years or so of observation.

Reaction Score
FWIW, Deep could be JC's biggest fan on the Yard. Based on 20 years or so of observation.

Calhoun's dad died of a heart attack when Calhoun was 14. My Dad died of a heart attack when I was 14. I was able to tell him that to his face when we handed him a check for 47,000 from the Yard and that money went to a life saving heart pump from the Calhoun Cardiac charity.

But, I don't get whipped up into a frenzy because he's getting an ESPY so I'm a .

Reaction Score
Calhoun's dad died of a heart attack when Calhoun was 14. My Dad died of a heart attack when I was 14. I was able to tell him that to his face when we handed him a check for 47,000 from the Yard and that money went to a life saving heart pump from the Calhoun Cardiac charity.

But, I don't get whipped up into a frenzy because he's getting an ESPY so I'm a .
Who said anything about being whipped into a frenzy? There’s quite a gap between that and taking the time out of your day to be a cynic on what could generally be considered a nice (and harmless) award/honor for JC.

Lord knows it’s quite easy to find real things to complain about these days. That you choose to do so over this is douchey in my book. If you don’t want anyone to comment on your posts don’t share your thoughts.

Reaction Score
Lord knows it’s quite easy to find real things to complain about these days. That you choose to do so over this is douchey in my book. If you don’t want anyone to comment on your posts don’t share your thoughts.

I don't care who comments on my posts. It doesn't make my opinion wrong and I can drag this one out all week. Have at it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Nah, you're a because you bitched about it for two pages. ;)

Reaction Score
Nice award that he absolutely deserves. How lucky have we been to experience the Calhoun era. Whenever I hear the talking heads discussing the blue bloods (coach K, Williams, etc..) without mentioning JC I'm reminded of something Bum Phillips said about Tom Landry; "He can take his ins and beat yours ins and he can take yours ins and beat his ins". Truly a great coach.

You may be right about Landry, but I have heard it said about Bear Bryant on numerous occasions. Either way you could also say it about JC. One of a kind.

Reaction Score
Who said anything about being whipped into a frenzy? There’s quite a gap between that and taking the time out of your day to be a cynic on what could generally be considered a nice (and harmless) award/honor for JC.

I don't think he has a problem with the award or Calhoun. I think he doesn't like the ESPYs. If so, I agree with him.

Reaction Score
Oh, look who found their internet muscles!
Internet muscles...
30AB8679-BFC4-44F1-8413-0535AE5F2C64 (1).jpeg

Reaction Score
I don't think he has a problem with the award or Calhoun. I think he doesn't like the ESPYs. If so, I agree with him.

You win the gold star of the day. Finally someone with half a brain here.

Reaction Score
You may be right about Landry, but I have heard it said about Bear Bryant on numerous occasions. Either way you could also say it about JC. One of a kind.
You are correct. He said it about Bryant and Don Shula, not Landry. Which makes sense considering the rivalry with the cowboys.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom