Jim Calhoun: "Hit him you !" | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jim Calhoun: "Hit him you !"

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Quite frankly - my favorite WTF game was with the Beltway Ballers - Rudy Guy's AAU team. It was confirmation that Calhoun would do what it took to win. A contrast to Maryland playing the UA card with Stone.

Reaction Score
Back in late 80s to 1990 just before Gampel opened, they used to practice sometimes in the field house. They would pull the netting around the court for "privacy" but we would go up to the second level of the bleachers and watch practice. JC would make sailors blush with some of the stuff he would yell. He REALLY used to get on Dan Cyrulik. Good times.

I graduated after Calhoun's first season -- yes, I'm old -- but a friend was there for the Dream Season and had tickets near the UConn bench, so he had lots of Calhoun stories to tell. My favorite quote was about Cyrulik, and it's hilarious without any profanity.

Howie Dickenman was very high on bringing Cyrulik to UConn and thought he could be a major player and beat out Rod Sellers for the starting job. My friend was at a game where Cyrulik made back-to-back bad plays, one on offense and one on defense, and instead of yelling at Cyrulik, he turned to Howie and yelled, "YOU said he'd be GOOD!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky
Top Bottom