Jim Calhoun’s ESPY Speech. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jim Calhoun’s ESPY Speech.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
At my orientation for Ed Leadership program we had to bring an artifact that meant “leadership” to us. Most people brought a photo of their grandpa, printed out emails from grateful parents, a teacher of the year plaque, etc. I brought my signed Jim Calhoun card.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Very moving and heartfelt speech. Didn’t know Calhoun had it in him to be so touching and inspirational.

Man, I love this guy. I truly believe that's how he has approached every day of his life.

@tcf15 Can you find a place to tack this up?

Can anyone link to the video tribute prior to Jim Calhoun being announced.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Best line in that snippet....Life’s not about equality. It’s about equal opportunity

He's lucky he didn't get booed for saying that since this was in LA...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I didn't realize he had another bought with Cancer while coaching last year. Coach you are fighter and you can keep beating cancer as long as you have that spirit.
I believe he had half of his stomach removed just prior to the start of the season. He is one tough SOB isn't he?

Reaction Score
I say it again. I saw this SOB of a coach at the Colonial Classic fall behind Cliffy and the Huskies early at HCC in the mid 80's. He was a crazy guy on the sidelines and then he made the decision to let them know he wasn't taking the home job he was getting from the stripes. He ripped his sport coat off threw it as far as he could and got T'd up and was in the face of the refs. After that he got every call imaginable to a game and Northeastern came back and handled the Huskies. Wasn't sure who he was or how good he was, certainly not sure if he could be the Huskies coach hen his name came up - or was Mitch Buonogaro a better choice?

Anyway I can't thank Toner and everyone enough for making the absolute greatest hire in the history of any college sport. He gave us the toughest guy, the most loyal guy, the most confident guy on freaking earth. We are so lucky as fans to have had Jim Calhoun don the sidelines for the University of Connecticut we can't even express it in words. The man is a hero to all of us as a coach and a Husky and he showed exactly the man he is last night on that stage yet again. If you weren't shedding tears as he walked up and then spoke I'm not sure you now the impact he made on all of us and all of college basketball. Man we're lucky!

Thanks yet again JC! You are the MAN!
Jim Calhoun and his Uconn teams were a big part of my life as a kid growing up in the 90s. A big part of thee happiest 10 years of my life. Amazing that the peak wasn't the 99 championship as he won two more titles at a school that none believed was possible before he arrived. Im not a religious man but if I'm going to worship any JC as the Devine savior its Jim Calhoun baby!!!

Reaction Score
Is he returning to StJ for a second year??

“I'm committed to continuing,” Calhoun said. “It's not one day at a time, but I want to make sure at the start of the season I'm ready to go. I'm doing the job to get there.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom