OT- Jim Boeheim Hits And Kills Man | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT- Jim Boeheim Hits And Kills Man

Reaction Score
Wow. I was visiting my son and family near Cuse from the weekend through yesterday, was on that same highway the day before. My grandson was excited that the Orange beat LVille last night. Boeheim probably on the way home from the Dome. And just about everyone in the area is a Cuse fan, so it would be unusal if the victim wasn't. Terrible.
He went out to dinner with family and friends, it was around 11:30. The victim was a passenger of the car involved in a previous accident due to road conditions. The car ended up in the middle of the highway. The other people had already exited and were on the side of the road, Mr. Jiminez was exiting to join them and Boeheim hit him when he was in the middle of the road. Just a horrible chain of events.

Reaction Score
man this is really so awful for everyone involved. the victim, their family, and JB and his family as well.

guy is 74, probably ain't enough time left to get past something like this. it'll haunt him for the rest of his days

Reaction Score
Many people are saying that there’s a nose picking joke out there to be made. I’m not saying that, but many people are.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I'm sympathetic..... how many times have you driven past someone on the road at night and not seen them until the last second? Blows my mind how nonchalant people are walking around on roads at night.
Last night. Dumb ass dressed in all black ran across the street right in front of me and we missed him by about 10 feet. It was a pretty dark street in Reno and we didn't see him until it was almost too late.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Whatever joke you are thinking of is probably not as funny as you think it is.

I will take Boeheim's side on this until I hear something that definitively proves his guilt. Pedestrians are idiots. It is lucky that this guy walking around the middle of the highway only killed himself and no one else.

Reaction Score
Awful turn of events, can't say I'm surprised at all seeing how people non chalantly cross the road, be non chalant on the sidewalk not in the middle of the road ever especially at night.

Reaction Score
We all hate Cuse but lets not make jokes ab this. Imagine if that happened to you, I cant imagine what hes going through. Praying for everyone affected.

Reaction Score
An Absolutely horrible situation for all involved. I feel for Boeheim. As much as we hate Boeheim, the basketball coach, he is still a human being who accidentally took a life. He is obviously a compassionate and caring person with all of the young lives that he has mentored. This will affect in one way or another many many innocent lives for years to come.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I’ve been in his shoes and wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy
Nearly everyone here who has commented has imagined themselves in such a situation as they posted. How else to explain why the first horrified post didn't just get dozens of Likes, but instead generated dozen of individual comments that pretty much say the same thing?

My heart goes out to you.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
It's a terrible tragedy for all involved.

It reminded me of a situation a few years back where I ran over some piece of construction equipment that must have been dropped from a freeway overpass they were working on. I was going maybe 65 to 70 at the time, 10:30 at night. It bounced up and ruptured my gas line. The car only had enough forward motion left to barely get me off the freeway from the far left lane (no left side breakdown lane) across three other lanes. It's a miracle I made it to the right shoulder without getting rear ended. Always get as far off on the shoulder as possible. If you get out use the passenger side door if you're on the right shoulder, and stay far away from the oncoming traffic. That's what I did while I waited for the wrecker.

Reaction Score
About 35-40 years ago I was going though an intersection that had eight foot high shrubs on one corner. As I approached the shrubs a bicyclist came out of the shrubs at a fast rate of speed right in front of me. Fortunately I reacted quickly and slammed the brakes on an avoided hitting him. It was surreal, it happened so quickly that I didn't even remember hitting the brakes. The human mind is amazing. It was like I skipped all the steps of processing what I saw and just acted.

Reaction Score
The human mind is amazing. It was like I skipped all the steps of processing what I saw and just acted.

Actually, it didn’t skip any steps. It processed everything in the blink of an eye like a super computer. Your mind does that all day every day, we are just trained to over think things. Don’t rush to judgment! Don’t make a rash decision! Make sure you really think things through! Most times you don’t need to. Read “Blink” by Malcom Gladwell.

Reaction Score
ESPN just announced that College GameDay will now broadcast from Bristol on Saturday. Wow.

Reaction Score
It's a terrible tragedy for all involved.

It reminded me of a situation a few years back where I ran over some piece of construction equipment that must have been dropped from a freeway overpass they were working on. I was going maybe 65 to 70 at the time, 10:30 at night. It bounced up and ruptured my gas line. The car only had enough forward motion left to barely get me off the freeway from the far left lane (no left side breakdown lane) across three other lanes. It's a miracle I made it to the right shoulder without getting rear ended. Always get as far off on the shoulder as possible. If you get out use the passenger side door if you're on the right shoulder, and stay far away from the oncoming traffic. That's what I did while I waited for the wrecker.
I'm amazed by some cops who pull people over and they're barely even in the shoulder. It's dangerous as hell, I remember a state trooper from my town died this way when I was a kid.

Reaction Score
To put it in another perspective, to convert MPH to Ft/sec, multiply MPH X 1.5. Not exact conversion, but close enough.

e.g. 60 MPH = 90 ft/sec.

Imagine running from home plate to 1st base in one second!

Very true - the complete calculation is as follows:

60.0 (mi/hr)(5280 ft/mi)(1 hr/3600 sec) = 88.0 (ft/sec) exactly (add as many zeros to the result as you care to write). In the time it takes to snap your fingers, you travel 88 ft at that speed. I always "share" this with my students and I keep reminding myself (and the wife unit) to slow down and watch out for other cars and people. Even if it is not your fault, you really don't want to kill another person (or even an animal if you can safely avoid it).

Reaction Score
Thanks to the majority of UCONN fans keeping it classy and understanding the human aspect of what happened. A few made insensitive comments that were inappropriate but, at the end of the day...we know UCONN and Syracuse pretty much hate each other BUT that some things override that hatred. This is one of those situations and prayers go out to the family of the deceased, to Boeheim and his family and for all involved.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
ESPN cancelled Gameday at Syracuse. I think that is the right move. I wonder if JB coaches. I think as long as he can focus, he will. I wonder how he is holding up.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I watched Boeheim sob on ESPN this morning. He is really torn up over this. Said he had contacted the family and will help them. I feel for Boeheim and the family of the man he hit.
Yeah, love to hate the guy as a coach, but I feel for him as a human being. Has to be tough to have killed someone, even though it was unavoidable. It's great that he's stepping up to help the family.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom