OT- Jim Boeheim Hits And Kills Man | The Boneyard

OT- Jim Boeheim Hits And Kills Man

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim hits, kills man walking on I-690: source

Syracuse men’s basketball coach Jim Boeheim struck and killed a man walking outside his vehicle on Interstate 690 around midnight, a source has confirmed for Syracuse.com | The Post-Standard.

The victim, a man in his 30s, had been in a car with four others near Thompson Road in
Syracuse when their vehicle crashed for unknown reasons, said a source familiar with the investigation.

The man at some point got out of his vehicle, the source said.

That’s when Boeheim drove by and struck the pedestrian, the source said.

Reaction Score
That really is crazy. This can happen to anybody that gets behind the wheel everyday. If this in any way leads to the end of Boeheims career, that would be an extremely depressing way for it to end. I cant imagine the guilt he is feeling right now.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
PSA to all Boneyarders - don't ever try to walk on the shoulder of the highway for any reason. Especially don't try and change your tire. I don't know what happened here, but just in general those are both extremely dangerous.

Exactly. I indirectly know of someone (aunt's friend) that was struck and killed changing a tire in the evening on the shoulder of highway/street - this just happened a couple months ago.

And I remember reading about a couple UConn fans after the Izod Center game vs Duke (Boatright's senior year) that were killed crossing the highway after the game in NJ.....

Reaction Score
PSA to all Boneyarders - don't ever try to walk on the shoulder of the highway for any reason. Especially don't try and change your tire. I don't know what happened here, but just in general those are both extremely dangerous.
Yep. Drive off to the next exit on the wheel if you have to. You can always buy another wheel

Reaction Score
Wow, so crazy and sad. This happened just a couple hours after they beat Louisville? Damn.

Reaction Score
This is very sad. As much as we hate on Syracuse and their coach, I wouldn't wish this upon anyone. The DA said that no drugs and alcohol were present at the time of the investigation and that he was traveling at the proper speed. All jokes aside, this is very sad and it will be very hard to Jim B to just let this go. Prayers to all involved.

Reaction Score
According to sources, vehicle was stopped in middle of the highway.

Reaction Score
Very sad state of affairs. Had a blowout on the Jersey turnpike a few years back. Stayed in my vehicle to wait for a trooper. After 2 hours of nothing decided to change the tire myself on the left shoulder.

Scared sh!tless. Got pelted by traffic from both sides of the highway, wind tunnels pushed the car off the crap jack that comes w/ the car. By the grace of God it was daylight.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Back in the pre-cell phone era (yes, millennials, I'm old) I saw a woman with young kids at the side of the road with a flat on I-84, I think. I pulled over and changed her tire for her. You can't appreciate how fast traffic comes up on you until you do that and back then people were driving 65 mph, not 80.

(Ironically enough, it turns out that she was the mother of a girl my age from the next town over from my home town. I knew the daughter and socialized with her a bit, same parties, etc. The flat happened some maybe 90-100 miles away. Small world, right?)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If your vehicle is not on fire, stay in your vehicle until the police arrives if it's not 100% safe to get out. Put your flashers on.
If it's 100% safe to get out, get out and light some flares (they have LED battery ones nowadays).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom