Jerry Mayer predicts D Ham to UCLA on 9/17 | The Boneyard

Jerry Mayer predicts D Ham to UCLA on 9/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
All these predictions are BS. They don't know anything. Nobody does except for the recruit himself don't pay attention to these.

Reaction Score
both his father and coach have gone out of their way to say he's still going to UConn, I would be more worried if they stayed silent. Also, the Hamilton's issue with Floyd didn't pop up out of the blue, they've been wanting to get out of the UTEP deal ever since Floyd spoke about the USC head coaching job. If there was uncertainty over where Isaac was playing and Daniel was set on playing with him, they could've easily waited to see how that situation sorted out instead of committing to UConn. Seems weird for Meyer to state how Daniel always wanted to play with Isaac when he's the one who first tweeted out in the spring how Daniel was now wide open and not set on being a package deal with Isaac.

Reaction Score
I'll leave these comments here from when he originally committed, too:

"It looked like they were a brotherhood," Hamilton said. "That's where I started to think I could see myself playing for UConn. Guys were unselfish, and the big thing was, it just looked like they were having fun."
"They treated me like I was family," he said.
"It was a great atmosphere," Hamilton said. "Coach Ollie seems very humble. He's a people person, everybody seems to like being around him. I've never heard anyone talk bad about him. … That's the kind of coach I wanted to play for, someone I can talk to any time, about anything."
"Coach Ollie is still big around Crenshaw," he said. "A lot of people know him there and look up to him."

"Coach Ollie never stopped," Daniel said. "He kept believing he could get me. ... That meant a lot. Really, when I came to visit UConn, I was already set. … My brother had to make a decision that was best for him, and I had to make a decision I felt was best for me."

Reaction Score
Another factor in all of this: Trevon Blueitt, Isaac Hamilton, Zach Levine and Jordan Adams are all at the 2/3 for UCLA, and they're all Frosh/Soph.

Whereas at UConn, Daniel is looking at Purvis (who may play a little PG) as a Soph and Calhoun as a Junior. By his sophomore year, Daniel might be the only one there.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Love DHam's game, but it wouldn't shock me if he decommitted.

caw

Reaction Score
Love DHam's game, but it wouldn't shock me if he decommitted.

I agree, but at the same time I'm pretty confident he won't.

Jerry Meyer is making a fool of himself with his crystal ball, that is a general observation and not necessarily related to Hamilton.

Reaction Score
Who knows what will happen... Right now its all speculation. It's a little worrisome at this moment.

pj

Reaction Score
Right now he's the next great UConn scorer. Ray Allen, Caron Butler, Rip Hamilton, Ben Gordon, Jeremy Lamb, Kemba Walker, Shabazz Napier, Daniel Hamilton.

Reaction Score
I have no reason to believe this, but it's still giving me heartburn . . .

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I agree, but at the same time I'm pretty confident he won't.

Jerry Meyer is making a fool of himself with his crystal ball, that is a general observation and not necessarily related to Hamilton.

Same. On one side playing with your brother/close to home is a once in a lifetime experience. But playing the same position as your brother sucks.

Reaction Score
I fully believe DHam will come to UConn and be a terrific player. Playing the same position as his brother isn't comforting though. One could be the 2, the other the 3. That said, no reason to believe we don't get him.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
So, wait....Daniel has 'always wanted to play with his brother', so he'll commit to UCLA.

Now, if that were the case, why didn't Daniel commit to UTEP when Isaac was still heading there?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
So, wait....Daniel has 'always wanted to play with his brother', so he'll commit to UCLA.

Now, if that were the case, why didn't Daniel commit to UTEP when Isaac was still heading there?

Stop making sense..Only negative thoughts should be posted on The Boneyard

Reaction Score

Come on now, logic just doesn't play well when hysteria rules.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I love the "no agenda", it eerily similar when someone says "no offense intended", which is code for "I intend to offend you"

Reaction Score
I fully believe DHam will come to UConn and be a terrific player. Playing the same position as his brother isn't comforting though. One could be the 2, the other the 3. That said, no reason to believe we don't get him.

And what happens to all the other 2s and 3s?

Reaction Score
If he really wanted to decommit and play with his brother it would of made sense to do it when his brother was trying to get a waiver to play closer to his sick grandma. I am sure decommitting at that time would of made the most sense.

Reaction Score
And what happens to all the other 2s and 3s?

I was responding to the post on the previous page by CTBasketball. I think we get Daniel, but its not a stretch to think UCLA's coach could find a way to play both brothers IF they went to the same school. That said, I fully expect Daniel to be UConn's next great wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom