Jerry Mayer predicts D Ham to UCLA on 9/17 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jerry Mayer predicts D Ham to UCLA on 9/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was responding to the post on the previous page by CTBasketball. I think we get Daniel, but its not a stretch to think UCLA's coach could find a way to play both brothers IF they went to the same school. That said, I fully expect Daniel to be UConn's next great wing.

There are six 2s and 3s there though. That's a lot.

Reaction Score
Well he's a teenager and can be unpredictable. Its just a wait and see until he gets on campus. Can't fret and worry about what others are saying.

Reaction Score
Going to college with your big brother is about the worst thing you can do. You will always be in his shadow in your own mind. In order to blossom socially and on the court he needs to forge his own identity. I think he knows it and I think it is why he chose to play clear across the country. He will be free of family influence and won't be worried about out shining his brother.

I spent several years working with my brother and every great success I had was tempered by feeling almost guilty that my brother wasn't as successful. In his eyes, he felt inadequate because of it. We went separate ways and both of us achieved greater success. As a bonus, we could enjoy each other's success.

Daniel will be Daniel at UConn. At UCLA he will be a Hamilton brother, and the younger one at that. I'm pretty sure Daniel knows exactly what he's doing and why he's doing it.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
And what happens to all the other 2s and 3s?

New staff will likely lead to some transfers and Anderson says he is going pro. Doubt their will be that many wing players in '14. Not saying both Hamiltons will attend UCLA, just saying new coaching staffs usually lead to some transfers.

Reaction Score
New staff will likely lead to some transfers and Anderson says he is going pro. Doubt their will be that many wing players in '14. Not saying both Hamiltons will attend UCLA, just saying new coaching staffs usually lead to some transfers.

Already accounted for Anderson. I did not include him. Have a look again. Allen, Alford, Powell, Levine, Adams, Blueitt, Hamilton. That's 7. No Anderson.

Reaction Score
Already accounted for Anderson. I did not include him. Have a look again. Allen, Alford, Powell, Levine, Adams, Blueitt, Hamilton. That's 7. No Anderson.

I didnt really check their roster either, but Allen and Alford look to be projects at best. Adams is the real deal if he can overcome some injury issues. Powell will be a senior, so he wont be in the way for long. Blueitt and Levine would really be the ones in the way right now. They are both excellent prospects and Levine is a deadly outside shooter but only 6'3 and could play some PG if he ever meets a shot he doesnt like.

Reaction Score
why don't we send some of our creepy twitter uconn fans after this guy.. For example

@jerrymeyer247 word on the street is that you have a large collection of toy trains... choo choo #rapevan #noagenda

its not hard just make up some dark creepy stuff :p God knows we got some creepy twitterverse fans

Reaction Score
I didnt really check their roster either, but Allen and Alford look to be projects at best. Adams is the real deal if he can overcome some injury issues. Powell will be a senior, so he wont be in the way for long. Blueitt and Levine would really be the ones in the way right now. They are both excellent prospects and Levine is a deadly outside shooter but only 6'3 and could play some PG if he ever meets a shot he doesnt like.

What about I Hamilton? You named a lot of people there. And, senior or not, Powell is there. Hamilton is a top 10 kid on 247. UConn fans are expecting 2 years from him. No more. His brother left early for the NBA. Even without the first 2 you would have six players at those two positions.

Reaction Score

You gotta hand it to Alford. He's recruiting well. He has both Isaac Hamilton and Blueitt coming in to compete with Adams, Levine and the others.

Reaction Score
Adams could easily declare after this year, its not a guarantee he'll be back.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
So, wait....Daniel has 'always wanted to play with his brother', so he'll commit to UCLA.

Now, if that were the case, why didn't Daniel commit to UTEP when Isaac was still heading there?
I hear what you're saying, but there's a big difference between playing with your brother at UTEP and playing with your brother at UCLA (name school, close to home). That said, I don't think Daniel will de-commit. I think Ollie has the kid sold on UConn.

Reaction Score
You gotta hand it to Alford. He's recruiting well. He has both Isaac Hamilton and Blueitt coming in to compete with Adams, Levine and the others.

Think Blueitt is on the verge of decommiting.

Reaction Score
Would be nice if Blueitt being back on the market takes even a little of Indiana's attention away from Devin Robinson
Agreed. Would be very nice if IU went for a similar player in their own backyard. This could definitely be a boon for us, so long as DHam remains solid, which I have little to no doubt about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom