Jeremy Lamb | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jeremy Lamb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I remember people saying Drummond doesn't have a motor and that's why he'd never be a superstar in the league.
This may be the most asinine post I've seen on here in some time... and that's saying something.

Really? Did you just grow eyes since someone posted complaining that Celtics players are wearing too high numbers on their jerseys the other day?

I'm not saying Jeremy isn't a good player or an awful athlete, but he has that slow-motion look all the time, where the camera would cut to him and he'd look like he was about to fall asleep right after capping off a 12-0 run to beat a top 25 team. Permanent Mono look

Reaction Score
BTW why isn't Lamb the starter yet in Charlotte? Haven't gotten a chance to catch one of their games, but Hariston can't ball and Lamb' stats/highlights are pretty impressive. @aceboon

I think it may be one of these situations where they want his scoring potential in the second unit, sometimes a second unit is all the guys who aren't 'good enough' to be in the starting 5, sometimes those backup lineups just get trounced because they have no one who is a legitimate threat to score, gotta have a guy who can fill it up coming off the bench

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I think it may be one of these situations where they want his scoring potential in the second unit, sometimes a second unit is all the guys who aren't 'good enough' to be in the starting 5, sometimes those backup lineups just get trounced because they have no one who is a legitimate threat to score, gotta have a guy who can fill it up coming off the bench
That is probably true. But, for example; Lamb almost played 3 times as much as Hariston. Which means Hariston was basically the bench player(23 for lamb, 8 for Hariston).

Reaction Score
Kembacity said:
I'm not saying Jeremy isn't a good player or an awful athlete, but he has that slow-motion look all the time, where the camera would cut to him and he'd look like he was about to fall asleep right after capping off a 12-0 run to beat a top 25 team. Permanent Mono look

In a single thread you've said that Kemba is responsible for Lamb's recent success in Charlotte and concluded that Lamb doesn't have the "fire" to be great based on his facial expressions. That's two ridiculous, completely baseless theories in one thread. That's a full day, maybe take a little break.

Reaction Score
BTW why isn't Lamb the starter yet in Charlotte? Haven't gotten a chance to catch one of their games, but Hariston can't ball and Lamb' stats/highlights are pretty impressive. @aceboon
I actually like him better coming off the bench, he has much better chemistry with Lin and Zeller. Yesterday he was killing in the first half, Kemba and Big Al return midway thru the 2nd quarter and he didn't get another shot attempt for the rest of the half. That could change if he got more run with the 1st unit, but I don't really see a need to change it. These tweets also kinda sum things up

Reaction Score
I actually like him better coming off the bench, he has much better chemistry with Lin and Zeller. Yesterday he was killing in the first half, Kemba and Big Al return midway thru the 2nd quarter and he didn't get another shot attempt for the rest of the half. That could change if he got more run with the 1st unit, but I don't really see a need to change it. These tweets also kinda sum things up

The only situation where I'd want to see Jeremy in the starting lineup is if he proves he can be a #1 option against good teams. In this scenario, Kemba would be reduced to more of a complementary player and the offense would run through Jeremy and Al.

JL has been very impressive so far but he needs to prove a ton before he gets to that level. Last night he was feasting on guys like Jones and Martin. I'm not sure how things would turn out if he faced an opposing teams best perimeter defender and I'm not in any rush to find out.

Reaction Score
In a single thread you've said that Kemba is responsible for Lamb's recent success in Charlotte and concluded that Lamb doesn't have the "fire" to be great based on his facial expressions. That's two ridiculous, completely baseless theories in one thread. That's a full day, maybe take a little break.

No in fact it would only make me post more, I love when you get all angry old man and think that anyone really gives a crap (i.e. anytime you write anything). Its truly hilarious to see multiple people but mainly you speak as the moral compass of a forum and take high pride in your status as the forum judge, slamming the gavel down to tell people when they need to sit a few plays out

Also a huge fan of when someone says something tongue in cheek and all the permanent grumpy d-bags need to gather to discuss how awful this place is becoming. Like when I was chewed apart for saying I'd happily let Kemba bang my girlfriend when I first started coming here. Its almost as though a massive chunk of the commenter base here has literally zero sense of humor and on top of that assume seriousness in every word they read

Newsflash, you permanently serious and negative people are what make this place a cesspool, not people having a little fun or even sharing their views that no one else agrees with, which are easily ignored

Reaction Score
No in fact it would only make me post more, I love when you get all angry old man and think that anyone really gives a crap (i.e. anytime you write anything). Its truly hilarious to see multiple people but mainly you speak as the moral compass of a forum and take high pride in your status as the forum judge, slamming the gavel down to tell people when they need to sit a few plays out

Also a huge fan of when someone says something tongue in cheek and all the permanent grumpy d-bags need to gather to discuss how awful this place is becoming. Like when I was chewed apart for saying I'd happily let Kemba bang my girlfriend when I first started coming here. Its almost as though a massive chunk of the commenter base here has literally zero sense of humor and on top of that assume seriousness in every word they read

Newsflash, you permanently serious and negative people are what make this place a cesspool, not people having a little fun or even sharing their views that no one else agrees with, which are easily ignored

Yup. I'm the one that sounds angry.

Reaction Score

The Manu Method.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Really? Did you just grow eyes since someone posted complaining that Celtics players are wearing too high numbers on their jerseys the other day?

I have no idea what you're trying to convey with this first statement.

Who cares what he 'looks' like? Your assumptions on him based on his 'look' are ridiculous. ALMOST as ridiculous as your statement that Kemba is the one solely responsible for motivating Jeremy in Charlotte and that he should get part of Lamb's paycheck.

You're either nuts or you need to call it a day on the hyperbole posts and step away from the keyboard, as @BigErnMcCracken said.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score

Nothing that you said in those first two posts were humorous or enlightening as you attribute above. Your posts were odd in the respect that you had to credit Kemba by bashing Jeremy, which was outlandish and idiotic. Based on your username and avatar, it's clear you have a man-crush on Kemba (as most of us here do) but that doesn't give you the right to bash another player from the program. Plain and simply, what you said was dumb, and you got called out for it. Now you're getting all defensive when people call you out for making a garbage post about a player of our program... it's gonna happen.

And you're not only getting called out on it by BigErn, but me and other posters as well. Give it a rest and maybe think before you make an asinine post (or multiple).

Reaction Score
I am enjoying his breakout week, but apparently intimating that Kemba is able to light a fire under JLamb better than Scottie Brooks is equal to heresy

Frankly we should all be talking about Charlie V too

Reaction Score
I am enjoying his breakout week, but apparently intimating that Kemba is able to light a fire under JLamb better than Scottie Brooks is equal to heresy

Not heresy, just dumb. But you were just joking anyway, right?

Reaction Score

The stretch Lamb is having is no different than what he did in similar pockets of small stretches for OKC his 2nd and 3rd years, the difference is that in Charlotte if he has a poor game or 2, his minutes likely aren't going to be affected or banished to the doghouse completely. If you actually think its Kemba that has motivated him to play well then you are pretty naive, but then again some of us watch games and speak from an informed opinion, and some of us do not.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Lamb was never going to succeed in OKC. Brooks didn't know how to manage minutes effectively and that locker room was reported to have been very clique-y and toxic.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score

I agree with that statement - Charlie's been tearing it up as of late and showing some of the CV3 of old.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I agree with that statement - Charlie's been tearing it up as of late and showing some of the CV3 of old.

Unfortunately, Dwight Powell has had some pretty good games as well. Seeing as he's younger and cheaper, I worry about what Powell's potential emergence will do to Charlie.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, Dwight Powell has had some pretty good games as well. Seeing as he's younger and cheaper, I worry about what Powell's potential emergence will do to Charlie.

I keep wondering what his potential can do for my fantasy team's bench... In my 12 team league there is really not a lot of talent going on with the free agents, if Charlie were to get hurt I think I'd pick Powell up in a heart beat, just don't know a single thing about him other than points/rebounds

Reaction Score
Lamb with another nice game last night. 14 pts on 6-10 shooting, 2-4 from 3, 4 rebounds, 2 steals over 24 mins.

Coach Clifford kept him in from mid 3rd quarter through almost the entire 4th quarter until there was just over a minute left. It seemed like the ball didn't go to Jeremy as much down the stretch - Lin and Batum were playing well and the Knicks seemed to figure out how to contain Lamb later on. All in all, great game - played tough defense too.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
He has to keep the intensity up on defense, but he's been one of the most efficient players in the NBA offensively. Huge year for Lamb so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom