Jeremy Lamb | The Boneyard

Jeremy Lamb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The two-headed Jeremy in Charlotte (Lin and Lamb) scored 35 points in 45 minutes, had 9 rebounds, 7 assists, 2 steals , a block and was a +43. Pretty awesome.

Reaction Score
First few shots were being guarded by Doug McDermott. I don't think those points after being adjusted for relative defense.

Reaction Score
4 games. 24-40. 9-16 from 3. Not bad. This is a wild thought to most but I expect one of Lamb or Bazz to be better in the NBA than Kemba. Please don't sleep on Bazz. Watson sucks, as expected. Bazz's time is coming.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
4 games. 24-40. 9-16 from 3. Not bad. This is a wild thought to most but I expect one of Lamb or Bazz to be better in the NBA than Kemba. Please don't sleep on Bazz. Watson sucks, as expected. Bazz's time is coming.
Kemba is a horrible shooter and terribly inefficient scorer. He's clutch as hell and a great leader so there will always be room in the league for him, but I don't see him staying as a starter for much longer if he keeps shooting sub 40% from the field.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Kemba is a horrible shooter and terribly inefficient scorer. He's clutch as hell and a great leader so there will always be room in the league for him, but I don't see him staying as a starter for much longer if he keeps shooting sub 40% from the field.
Agreed, unfortunately.

Reaction Score
Not a wild thought at all, I fully expect Lamb to be better than Kemba. Kemba goes on hot streaks where he goes for 25 a night and he plays with great passion but he is just too damn inefficient. Lamb has a new lease on his NBA career and I really think he will blossom.

Reaction Score
Not a wild thought at all, I fully expect Lamb to be better than Kemba. Kemba goes on hot streaks where he goes for 25 a night and he plays with great passion but he is just too damn inefficient. Lamb has a new lease on his NBA career and I really think he will blossom.

I'm not thrilled with Kemba's FG% either, but a 19.6 PER and .516eFG is plenty good enough for a starting PG.

Reaction Score
Yeah Kemba is also good at not turning it over and getting to the line. Still has upside imo. Gotta love Lamb, but i'm getting kind of tired of cliff playing pj hairston all those minutes. They didn't even pick up 3rd year rookie scale option, the ultimate sign of disrespect and for some reason he is still the starter. Lamb looks good vs second units, but he deserves a shot vs starters too. Theres an argument that his role next year when mkg gets back is to back up batum, but I feel like getting the majority chunk of minutes at sg this year will only help his growth in that department. He doesn't need to stay on the bench now because next year he'll be on it again...

Reaction Score
Yeah Kemba is also good at not turning it over and getting to the line. Still has upside imo. Gotta love Lamb, but i'm getting kind of tired of cliff playing pj hairston all those minutes. They didn't even pick up 3rd year rookie scale option, the ultimate sign of disrespect and for some reason he is still the starter. Lamb looks good vs second units, but he deserves a shot vs starters too. Theres an argument that his role next year when mkg gets back is to back up batum, but I feel like getting the majority chunk of minutes at sg this year will only help his growth in that department. He doesn't need to stay on the bench now because next year he'll be on it again...
I don't get why Hawes plays so many minutes over Kaminsky either.

Reaction Score
I don't get why Hawes plays so many minutes over Kaminsky either.
yeah hawes is a freaking bum no matter if he has a good shooting game here or there, that go to floater he has is f'in hideous. I think Frank actually has better footwork than him, but Cliff really doesn't like playing youth ( unless that's the only option). Hornets sit at 3rd in offensive efficiency only behind spurs +thunder, lets see if they can keep it up. it helps when you can play lin+lamb instead of brian Roberts lol

Reaction Score

It's only a matter of time when Lamb gets his run with the starters given the way he is playing right now and how poorly Hairston is playing.

Regarding next year, Batum and MKG are both SFs. I'm sure they would play a lot together, but both have the same natural position. If Lamb can continue to put in quality minutes you could make a case where he will still be getting run next year at the two. The Hornets have already shown the front office has more confidence in Lamb than Hairston.

Reaction Score
Keep Lamb in the 2nd unit, he will get more shots this way. Also his minutes will be higher than PJ because Cliff will have him finish games like last night. I like where he is, Hornets have had such a terrible second unit for years, now their 2nd unit is awesome.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure Hairston is starting so they can have a scorer on the bench. Otherwise the second unit would have serious problems spreading the floor at all, which is something Jefferson complains about.

Lamb was the victim of playing under a terrible coach in Scott Brooks. That guy has no clue how to coach young talent. 7/21M is going to be a steal for the Hornets.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Speaking of guys who got less playing time than they should have under Brooks, what is Thabeet doing this year? I know he opted to not return to the D-League but past that I don't know where/if he's playing.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
There's no guarantee that Batum resigns, he's on the last year of his contract. Can possibly leave a hole at the 2 for the lambshake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom