Jeremy Lamb | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jeremy Lamb

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Have to disagree to some extent here. There were several times when Lamb was lazy on defense and either extended or back peddled and gave up some really easy threes. He has to want to play D with a vengence and he didn't tonight. He was smoother than water on ice on O, but he has to play better D.
I didn't want to be a party pooper in this thread. I'm having some heavy discussions in some other threads. You are exactly right about his D. Furthermore he wasn't sharp getting by screens. On the other hand he disrupted several plays resulting in steals.

I was giving SN and JL a pass on defense. They have to be careful not to get into foul trouble because of the lack of depth. But the last six minutes, with neither in foul trouble, I have to say this didn't apply and they both appeared to lack defensive intensity.

Reaction Score
Have to disagree to some extent here. There were several times when Lamb was lazy on defense and either extended or back peddled and gave up some really easy threes. He has to want to play D with a vengence and he didn't tonight. He was smoother than water on ice on O, but he has to play better D.

I didn't watch the game close enough to be able to say that you're right. But I will observe that Lamb is good for - well, at least against Columbia tonight - 2 high-leverage steals where he just gobbles up the ball and takes it the other way for a promising fast break. "Steals" can sometimes mean just deflections. But Lamb steals are high-percentage in terms of scoring the other way.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Why not? My quibble with champs' post would be that no one could call Jeremy a better shooter than Ray or Rip right now. But his "could be" potential as an all around offensive player? Maybe he doesn't have the raw athletic power Ray did when he was here, but his odd lankiness seems to compensate for that.

I don't know...it seems crazy to say, but I think Jeremy could end being a player at a level above any we've seen here. And we've seen some darn good players. And a level above them means...well, I don't even want to allow myself to think about that.

Long way to go, obviously.

I read it a little differently, as in "could be a better all around offensive player" right now. Probably the wrong way to read it on my part.

People forget how good Ray was (not saying you are). He should have been NPOY imo. As you say, he could jump out of the gym. Had that all around almost Jordan like game on offense.

Not sure I'll concede that he's going to be the best we've had.....but I sure as hell won't complain if he does!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Lamb is going to have some days this year similar to what Ben Gordon went through as a sophomore, when the defense effectively schemes to stop him and he forces shots and goes 4-15.
.... The key is if he keeps that floater in his arsenal, it makes him so tough to defend, since he can shoot threes and, rumor has it, dunk in people. And as he gets a little stronger, he can stay on balance to shoot that floater while a defender bumps him.

That floater is the best part of his game. It's unguardeable, a la Kareem's sky hook. If he continues to hit it at the same rate he has in the past, forget it.

Reaction Score
Through 1 season and 1 game Lamb's resume contains the following:
Big East Championship;
National Championship;
AP Pre Season First Team All American;
30 point game;
One of the best dunks ever by a Husky;

Just amazing so far...

Reaction Score
Easily one of the smoothest players I have ever seen. The way he makes everything appear so effortless just blows my mind.

Reaction Score
D-Wade is a fan...

3NpVI.png

Reaction Score
^^Not a bad guy to have as a fan. And hopefully will get us some more exposure to recruits

Reaction Score
Through 1 season and 1 game Lamb's resume contains the following:
Big East Championship;
National Championship;
AP Pre Season First Team All American;
30 point game;
One of the best dunks ever by a Husky;

Just amazing so far...
Maui is something worth noting too.

Reaction Score
publicity we are getting from that dunk on twitter/online is ridiculous...

Reaction Score
hey,remember when people were disappointed we got "the other lamb" and not the heralded kid that went to ku?:p

Reaction Score
i was equally impressed with shabazz last night...gonna be scary when the bigs start playing well and boat/giffey come back

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
i was equally impressed with shabazz last night...gonna be scary when the bigs start playing well and boat/giffey come back
true, if we can have lamb coming off screens for shots or have him in isos it will help us tremendously... it all really hinges on our bigs if they can get to where we need them... imagine drummond and ao together on the boards? sheesh

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
When the bigs start playing well other teams will have a few choices when Shabazz/Boat drive.

1) Hope their man can stick with Shabazz/Boat. Advantage UConn.
2) Rotate a big man for help D, giving AO/AD space. Advantage UConn.
3) Rotate the big man for help D, rotate the SF in to help on the big man, leaving Lamb open in the corner. Advantage UConn.

Pretty standard stuff obviously, but when you have talent all over the floor like this team does, it makes it a lot harder for the other team to exploit certain things. When Chuck was on the floor teams could try to dare UConn to feed him the ball. Don't get me wrong, I loved Chuck and he played a big part in our title run, but replace Chuck with a guy like AD and the offense can be a lot more consistent in terms of all 5 spots contributing, assuming AD refines his game throughout the year like his potential would indicate. Combine that with our top notch defense and there's only one thing you can say.

We are DOOOOOOOOOOOMED.

Reaction Score
Lamb has only played 1 season and one game. I'd say he stacks up VERY favorably to any Husky given only 42 games. I really doubt Rip or Ray was better than Jeremy at the start of their second season. The kid is a very special player... already.
Ray was equal to Lamb. As a freshman Al McQuire on national TV predicted "this kid will be the best player in the country". Ray was a frosh. Lamb is actually the second coming of Ray.

Reaction Score
Honestly, Jeremy reminds me a lot of a shorter version of Kevin Durant. And if he can be anything like Durant in the NBA, that'll be one hell of a player.
Wow I just said the same thing on a different thread five min ago and them came across this. He has a better handle and hes a little quicker. Obviously hes a lot shorter but the way they both know how to use those longgg arms. I honestly think Lamb will be the best player in the country this year and a future star in the NBA.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Never seen a player at uconn play with as much confidence as Shabazz. A lot of the he does no former player would ever think of doing with calhoun on the sidelines.

Reaction Score
JL is a very good player. He can grow into the best player in the nation, but I don't think it will be this year. He needs to stay at least 3 years. He needs to become stronger and improve his handle. He had a super night, but that was Columbia, those kids played their hearts out, but they are at best 1 and 2 star players out of 5 star rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom