Jen's George Washington vs St. Joe's in A-10 championship game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jen's George Washington vs St. Joe's in A-10 championship game

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
GW is slowing the ball down with 5 minutes left in the game and a 16 point lead. Lead 57-41. If the game is like the previous three quarters, the 16 point lead should be enough, even if St Joe's goes on a run.

Reaction Score
GW's point guard Bautista is channeling Jen Rizzotti now. Rips the ball out of the other teams hand (ala Gabby Williams) after setting a great screen for a 3 pt shot and then hits a bullet 3/4 court pass to get a layup. :D:D

She's doing her coaches number proud.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I tell ya what, I saw GW play Syracuse and Vanderbilt back in November, and this team has come a *long* way.

Bautista is an outstanding floor general for them, as Nan described above.
Cummings is very impressive to me. Apparently she's only recently emerged as an offensive force.
Mahoney has been another difference maker with her 3-point shooting.

But more than anything, I love their cohesion and team-first attitude. You can see it in their body language. They're playing for each other.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
GW is going to the Tournament. Great finish to their Year.

Quinnipiac is also going to the tournament. Will they be a Cinderella again?

Reaction Score

Quinnipiac won their Sem-Final today. They have to win 1 more.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I tell ya what, I saw GW play Syracuse and Vanderbilt back in November, and this team has come a *long* way.

Bautista is an outstanding floor general for them, as Nan described above.
Cummings is very impressive to me. Apparently she's only recently emerged as an offensive force.
Mahoney has been another difference maker with her 3-point shooting.

But more than anything, I love their cohesion and team-first attitude. You can see it in their body language. They're playing for each other.

I would add Luma. She is very talented as a freshman. 5-6 from the field, 6 rebounds and 3 blocks. Alot of upside.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Jen said, "I coach to the end of the game; that's what I learned to do. When I was at Connecticut, we played hard every play". Paraphrasing but that's the gist. And her team buys into it. Good for Jen and the GW players.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Anyone know the Significance of Jen's husband wearing a Green Irish Basketball T-Shirt? Is that for ND or a HS Basketball Program?

Reaction Score
Such fun to see Jen again and happy, though the GW rule (?) that had her husband leave the staff obviously still rankles.

Same rule as UCONN Football with Edsall's son?

Reaction Score
Anyone know the Significance of Jen's husband wearing a Green Irish Basketball T-Shirt? Is that for ND or a HS Basketball Program?

Not sure, but it's odd he wasn't wear a GW shirt. Bad blood?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Charlie Creme has GW as a 14 Seed in the Lexington Region. Meeting up against Ohio St.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Same rule as UCONN Football with Edsall's son?

Nope. My bad. He resigned to take care of the kids because leaving CT meant leaving an extended family support system for the kids.

Reaction Score
People may call me crazy but if GW can slow the game down like Jamelle's Cincy team did earlier in the season, they would have a chance against tOSU.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Such fun to see Jen again and happy, though the GW rule (?) that had her husband leave the staff obviously still rankles.

Wrong. GW didn't. Different kind of a decision. Women's Basketball's Sullivan Announces Resignation

"When the GW job opened last spring and the timing felt right, we decided to take a leap of faith and accept a new challenge. Sully was willing to take that step with me, without any assurance that we would be able to continue coaching together. We tried it for a year. And then Sully made the decision to step away so he could be there for our children. We've missed a lot of their lives while we traveled together, recruited together, and worked weekends together. Without extended family to fill in those gaps, Sully wanted to make sure our kids continue to be surrounded by family. He's putting our children first because, in their formative years, he wants to make sure it's him they come home to. It is a huge sacrifice for him to give up not only something he loves, but something he is so great at. It's noble and brave, and probably one of the hardest things he's ever had to do."

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Looked up his Bio and he is a Graduate of UConn in 1995. Quit coaching to be a stay at home Dad according to his resignation announcement.

I'm pretty sure that was Jen's husband and the hug after the interview says it was.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
There are several high schools in Connecticut that are Notre Dame (ND-Fairfield, ND-West Haven, etc). Not sure if there's a connection - maybe a friend coaches one of the teams?

Reaction Score

When Duquesne and Dayton both lost earlier in the tournament, it seemed that GW had a good shot and they deserve the title and admission to the NCAAs. I had kinda hoped that George Mason might catch them in the tournament (third time the charm) but GM doesn't have the guard play that GW does.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I thoroughly enjoyed this BIG win for Jen's team. Loved her emotional interview at the end capped by the Bill Sullivan hug!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom