Jeff Jacobs This Morning | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs This Morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We should be able to tell very early next season (roughly as far into it as we are now, maybe a game or two sooner) if, outside of the backfield (which you referenced) the is improvement at an acceptable level. That will be the moment of truth for this regime.

As far as your being frightened that Williams is next in line, I don't think frightened is the correct response but if he isn't (in time) an improvement over Shirreffs (who I think you are giving a bit too much credit) we will be in trouble for a few more years.

I haven't shaken off the feelings that the first offensive series against Maine gave me.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
This has been a season of disappointments and near disappointments, but JJ is stirring the pot without a spoon here.

PP took a BCS conference champion full of NFL draftees and turned in 5, 5, and 0 wins including multiple FCS/Mac losses.

BD took a three win team, made it a two win team, before returning to bowl eligibility. It was a bumpy ride and we don't need to dwell on the missed opportunities but he's still on schedule. He will likely come up short of contending for a division title thus year and we'll see if we contend for a conference title next year, but he isn't PP, he just isn't.
AS crazy as BD can be- it is pretty entertaining... Imagine if he could somehow right the ship this year and get us back on track? The comparision to FHCPP is just ludicris. I cringe thinking about the PP era press conferences and lack of energy on those teams.

Reaction Score
AS crazy as BD can be- it is pretty entertaining... Imagine if he could somehow right the ship this year and get us back on track? The comparision to FHCPP is just ludicris. I cringe thinking about the PP era press conferences and lack of energy on those teams.

At this point the only differences between Diaco and PP appear to be cultural. PP's disinterest (and DeLeone's nastiness) were absolutely poisonous.

Reaction Score
BD needs to demote Verducci yesterday, or he'll be tomorrow's Les Miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom