Jeff Jacobs: The Truth Is, UConn Isn't In BC's League | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs: The Truth Is, UConn Isn't In BC's League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Soon? Like Wednesday or maybe next week? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! I think you are the one having a math issue. 1+1 does equal 2! UConn Football does not equal P5!

You should aspire to being competitive in the AAC. You are going to be there for a while!
See? You're already losing your mind. Regardless of how long we're in the AAC, we're more desirable than BC now. Times change...

Football isn't everything anymore. And I say that as someone with deep interest in football.

Reaction Score
See? You're already losing your mind. Regardless of how long we're in the AAC, we're more desirable than BC now. Times change...

Football isn't everything anymore. And I say that as someone with deep interest in football.

Wow, you like being wrong! Football is everything!

UConn is so desirable you are still in the ACC! No from the ACC, No from the B1G and No from the BigXII. I guess that is what you consider desirable.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Just ignore HH. We have something BC will never have....at least not for another 100 years and that is 23 national championships. 23 vs 5. BC's only shot is at hockey championships, that's it.

Oh, and BC has one other accomplishment, it stabbed this school in the back twice in what has become a failed effort to prop itself up. Congratulations.

Reaction Score

UConn is so desirable you are still in the ACC! No from the ACC, No from the B1G and No from the BigXII. I guess that is what you consider desirable.

UConn has a BCS appearance. the BC Powerhouse?........... nothing to major bowl games since wwII

Flutie to Phalen , was a lone time ago now, in a game that propelled BC to ???

Reaction Score

Struggle a little bit if you get off the script Hank? It's really old and suggests a serious lack of intellect. Suggests you might not be a BC grad. Hope so.

Reaction Score

You just don't know. We are actually desirable to the Big Ten. Do you think the Big Ten ever expresses interest in any school publicly? People who matter are very interested in us. But, again, whatever makes you feel better to validate spending your Saturday at BC games.

Reaction Score
I never understood the calm After we lost out to Louisville. That was the beginning of the end. Regardless of what Sue or Warde said.

THIS! Anyone remember the article...don't remember who the writer was but the reporter spoke to a UConn official and the person talked about how we were happy in the Big East, that it had been good for us and there was no reason to leave. I knew then that our leadership was clueless about the college sports landscape and we were doomed. No excuse for being outfoxed by Pittsburgh let alone Louisville.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I assume that UConn is hoping to make the NIT this year. Interesting a powerhouse like UConn cannot dominate the AAC. Couldn't even make the NCAA Tournament the past few years. You want to talk about BC being irrelevant in the ACC, UConn has become irrelevant in the AAC. Well except for WBB! You will always have WBB! And Field Hockey!

Shut your trap, troll.

Reaction Score
You just don't know. We are actually desirable to the Big Ten. Do you think the Big Ten ever expresses interest in any school publicly? People who matter are very interested in us. But, again, whatever makes you feel better to validate spending your Saturday at BC games.
I don't know which is harder to believe, your unwavering belief that the B1G is coming for Uconn any day now or Pudge's that the State of CT and New England is sleeping giant that will awaken and flock to Uconn football. Maybe they belong together.

After 5 rounds of conference realignment, I suppose anything is possible and if a conference not named the ACC really wants a presence in New England/northeast, they either take a school from the ACC (the MD move with other schools) or Uconn since Yale, URI and Holy Cross are not moving up. The Pac12 and SEC are not making that move, so it leaves the BigXII (which said no thanks), the B1G or the ACC expanding again. I suppose it could happen but is as likely as me growing hair in my flying, driverless car.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
How has that UConn powerhouse done the past two years? Have fun living in the past! Well you still have WBB and Field Hockey!
You are an ass. I'd love to say it to your face. You're probably 5'5", 135 pounds, living in your mother's basement.

Typical BC fan.

Reaction Score
I know some might not like what I'm about to say, but I'm a say it anyways... would be a huge help if we had a football stadium on campus again... even though it makes too much sense... it would this program all the way around.. The Rent is beautiful, don't get me wrong, but because of our situation... having an on campus (meaning the furthest campus walk of no more than 2 1/2 to 3 miles to get to for college students on a campus that takes pride in fitness) there should've been a way to make that happen before that new facility that's being put up in the middle of campus got approved... Good ol CT stubbornness at its best....

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I know some might not like what I'm about to say, but I'm a say it anyways... would be a huge help if we had a football stadium on campus again... even though it makes too much sense... it would this program all the way around.. The Rent is beautiful, don't get me wrong, but because of our situation... having an on campus (meaning the furthest campus walk of no more than 2 1/2 to 3 miles to get to for college students on a campus that takes pride in fitness) there should've been a way to make that happen before that new facility that's being put up in the middle of campus got approved... Good ol CT stubbornness at its best....

You're 100% correct....I didn't like what you were about to say. ;)

Here's the reality that one in Connecticut cannot escape; the campus is nowhere near our population centers. That's the reason it's in East Hartford. If you are trying to better accommodate the 6k students that we could get, I understand, because they are often our rowdiest fans. But If you are trying to better accommodate our 6k students that we could get at the expense of the other 20k - 25k full-paying non-student fans, then you are doing it at your own peril.

My argument for not having the stadium at UConn isn't one of good ole CT stubbornness. It's one of common sense. We need to continue to pull folks up from Fairfield County and New Haven County and surrounding Hartford County, or else the football team is dead...

Reaction Score
I don't know which is harder to believe, your unwavering belief that the B1G is coming for Uconn any day now or Pudge's that the State of CT and New England is sleeping giant that will awaken and flock to Uconn football. Maybe they belong together.

After 5 rounds of conference realignment, I suppose anything is possible and if a conference not named the ACC really wants a presence in New England/northeast, they either take a school from the ACC (the MD move with other schools) or Uconn since Yale, URI and Holy Cross are not moving up. The Pac12 and SEC are not making that move, so it leaves the BigXII (which said no thanks), the B1G or the ACC expanding again. I suppose it could happen but is as likely as me growing hair in my flying, driverless car.
I didn't say they are coming for us, did I? I have nothing to prove to you. I mean, look at who likes your posts. Just same BC dorks.

Reaction Score
Don Brown's salary is ~$1M without bonuses or incentives. So, how are we hiring him again?
Could have had him in 2010 when he was begging for a shot, but Hathaway knew better.

Reaction Score
There is little interest in women’s sports and no P5 conference is going to give any TV revenue to women’s sports by adding a field hockey or basketball team.

The biggest obstacle to building a football program in New England is a lack of D1 talent and a long established P5 competitor in BC. Even if we split the best recruits we are still going to be bad. Football is a southern game, even Michigan and ND struggle playing SEC teams. New England produces major league talent in every sport except football. Kids just don’t play three sports anymore.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
JJ stating the obvious for 2017, but that's not going to be the case forever. Done Nothing College has done nothing, and exceeding their football status is "doable".

I'd bet JJ was one of the brilliant media members telling us UConn should withdraw from the Big East before Jim Calhoun came here. You see, them there media peoples told us inner-city athletes would never come to Storrs and we would never compete in the basketball arena with the likes of BC, PC, St John's, Georgetown, Nova, Pitt and Cuse.

Yes, I'm being serious and they were serious and that's what they argued, so forgive me when I look at the JJ's of this world and laugh

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
JJ stating the obvious for 2017, but that's not going to be the case forever. Done Nothing College has done nothing, and exceeding their football status is "doable".

I'd bet JJ was one of the brilliant media members telling us UConn should withdraw from the Big East before Jim Calhoun came here. You see, them there media peoples told us inner-city athletes would never come to Storrs and we would never compete in the basketball arena with the likes of BC, PC, St John's, Georgetown, Nova, Pitt and Cuse.

Yes, I'm being serious and they were serious and that's what they argued, so forgive me when I look at the JJ's of this world and laugh

Jacobs covered the Whalers until 1995. Other than that sure.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

Listen your school has been average at best over the past few years in football and non existent in every other sport besides Hockey. If it wasn't for Hockey no one would know BC outside of New England. UConn has a much bigger national rep, whether you would admit it or not.

Reaction Score
Listen your school has been average at best over the past few years in football and non existent in every other sport besides Hockey. If it wasn't for Hockey no one would know BC outside of New England. UConn has a much bigger national rep, whether you would admit it or not.

And that national rep was so impressive the ACC passed, the B1G passed and BigXII passed. Pretty impressive national rep you have there!

Reaction Score
Every word I typed is correct
You are correct, no spelling errors at all in it. Forgetting for a moment that when BE basketball was formed that Uconn made the NIT in the first year of its existence, had Corny Thompson and had finished a run in the late 1970's that included post season appearances, everything you wrote is 100% correct. People longed for remaining in the Yankee Conference. No one in the media liked playing Georgetown and St. Johns and Villanova and recoiled at the thought of competing with them.

Use the Google machine and find a single article that supports what you wrote. You won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom