Jeff Jacobs sums up today's events | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs sums up today's events

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sometimes, Geno is amazing. Said what needed to be said, that's for sure.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
from Geno's tweet... he knows exactly what he's doing.

genoauriemma Geno Auriemma

Read what I said ... I never blamed #ND for all the instability. Just saying they have the ability to stabilize if they so choose.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Geno alone has the wisdom ("street smarts") to sense what many (BE) others are thinking, the courage ("cojones") to say it, and the stature ('tude) to get away with it.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
from Geno's tweet... he knows exactly what he's doing.

genoauriemma Geno Auriemma

Read what I said ... I never blamed #ND for all the instability. Just saying they have the ability to stabilize if they so choose.

Well, he actually did seem to blame ND for the BE instability, going back to the loss of VT, BC and Miami. Unfortunately, those comments obscured his larger and more accurate point which he makes more succinctly in his latest tweet. He's also saying ND should give something back to the BE, even if it's nothing more than putting it out of its misery.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I assume this was taken before Geno's comments about Notre Dame.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Geno and Muffet have been friends for decades. I don't think she's going to be surprised by some blunt comments by Geno.

Reaction Score
Geno and Muffet have been friends for decades. I don't think she's going to be surprised by some blunt comments by Geno.

There's also a wee bit o difference between criticizing a person's employer and the person herself.

Reaction Score
After playing so many games against each others team & some very close games , I think it is great that being in the same field of endeavor that Muffet & Geno have remained close friends.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Some interesting additional info.... Geno and JB are good friends so this may explain Geno's comments.

LINK

Reaction Score
It's not really info, it's opinion. Interesting that ND get's the blame for the TV contract vote like they're weren't other schools that cast the same vote...like I don't...the majority.The correct vote by the way too. Why would you vote for that contract when days before ESPN/FOX signed the PAC-10 to a 3 billion contract? So JB faults ND's vote. Apparently he values the league less then ND did.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Because PAC10 football is at a completely different level than BigEast. PAC 10 equals 3 billion value to advertisers BigEast is not. Nortre Dame had little to no direct interest in the Big East contract and should have voted yes in deference to the other football schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom