Jeff Jacobs on Geno | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs on Geno

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Explain to me ...
Why? You seem to feel we need to justify ourselves, and Geno, an awful lot. I'm sure it's not intended on your part, but you do have a habit of pointing out all the negative aspects of situations then it seems to me that you enjoy watching the folks who get defensive and try to justify HuskyNation to you. No offense, but you're just a fan, like we are, and we do not need to keep explaining things to your satisfaction.

JS

Reaction Score
Lot of loose talk in this thread confusing civil with criminal proceedings.

Geno isn't proving he's "innocent" when the facts come out, nor is she proving he's "guilty." He's trying to defeat (and will likely succeed in defeating, IMO) her claim that he owes her damages for hurting her career. And the facts won't "come out" in any single version. She'll either succeed in keeping her suit in court and then proving she was actionably damaged, or she'll fail for any of many possible reasons.

And Tony wants her in jail. Hey, there's such a thing as malicious prosecution, and it applies to civil as well as criminal cases, but that too is a civil suit. It's begun after the close of the first suit and seeks damages, not criminal consequences, for baseless and malicious litigation. Really, Tony, I know you're mad, but you may as well make a Hardwick doll and stick pins in it.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Explain to me how saying something to the effect of "those who don't like me already will like me less and those who like me now will like me the same" is a better response than saying that "I am completely innocent and this will be proven when all of the facts come out." And then stating that he cannot discuss further on the advice of his attorney.

Because that statement was not in response to whether the allegations in the complaint are truthful. He was asked by a reporter about how the filing of the complaint itself has affected his everyday life and about the response of the UConn community. He quoted his wife and the point he was making was that those who like and support him haven't changed their opinions and the others probably have.

Reaction Score
Why? You seem to feel we need to justify ourselves, and Geno, an awful lot. I'm sure it's not intended on your part, but you do have a habit of pointing out all the negative aspects of situations then it seems to me that you enjoy watching the folks who get defensive and try to justify HuskyNation to you. No offense, but you're just a fan, like we are, and we do not need to keep explaining things to your satisfaction.
You know Nan you save me a lot of replies. It irks me that people play lawyer and make judements without any evidence.We all want
this accusation to be proven false but most likely the best we're going to get is case closed, suit dropped. there will be those who will still want to believe Geno was guilty.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
I'm talking about the court of public opinion. And notice that I said "fair or unfair." Unfortunately, Geno is in the unfortunate position of convincing some that he did not do anything wrong, thus it just seems like it would be prudent to reply with a comment that leads in that direction.

If it were me, I would say exactly what I've said before, that the charges are baseless and I expect to be fully exonerated. That seems more prudent than a semi-joke. I doubt that his lawyers would have much of an issue with a statement like that.

Trash…He has already said that the charges are ---"beyond false"...

BTW, it is clear to me that you want scenarios to go badly for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom