Jeff Jacobs is relaying our thoughts | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs is relaying our thoughts

Reaction Score
I posted this in the Akinjo thread, but for discussion here.

I know it's somewhat meaningless, but here's every player we have for next year's rankings according to Rivals:

Adams - 23
Gilbert - 34
Larrier - 43
Wilson - 71
Polley - 117
Diarra - 133
Matthews - 135
Vital - 145
Carlton - 150
Akinjo - 157
Cobb - N/A
Kisinius - N/A
Williams - N/A
Whalley - N/A

Things need to happen, clearly. Larrier and Adams coming back among them.

But just from a raw talent standpoint - NOT a tournament team? As in almost - 'get out of the way and the kids can do whatever' sense.

Four top 100 players. 9 top 150 players.

I think everyone would say - based off the N/A guys... Williams kind of sucks and who knows with Kisinius. But Whalley's a dude. And Cobb is a useful piece for sure.

So you have ten talented players. Really talented, actually.

My swing around being - I wonder what a good or OK coach OR any coach not named Kevin Ollie would get out of them. Calhoun isn't coming back, don't want him back, but with the draft, transfers, etc - and a little stretching thinking Adams/Larrier comes back. This is a 26-27 win team with JC, right? Just on the back court alone? It's a tournament team. There's enough talent there, correct?

I'm not antagonizing, i'm legitimately asking. Because what team with a talent outlay like that misses a tournament 2 years in a row?

I think recruiting rankings aren’t the be all end all, and that’s proven with a kid like Whaley, but it’s kind of shocking when we’re looking at having at most only four top 100 kids on the entire team next year, and potentially only two if jalen and terry go. Two top 100 players would be a nice recruiting class, not a nice depth of talent for a contender. Cue the inevitable “but Wichita State does it!” And “stars don’t mean everything!”

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Jeff didn't make my arguments very well, he sounded more like the dumpster fire crowd.

In a typical example of the intellectual dishonesty our media practices at every level, he trivializes Gilbert's injury and goes on to say our injuries pale in comparison to UCF's. He even mentioned Gilbert's and only Gilbert's injury last year.

Yo JJ, not that you're ever paying attention, we were devastated by three key injuries last year and two of those injuries were to players much better than anyone on UCF. This year, our problem is not just the injury to Gilbert, Larrier is still recovering from a torn ACL and still isn't 100% and we only have two returning rotation players. It takes times to jell JJ, you should know this by now.

JJ represents our media and the dumpster fire crowd very well, superficial

Reaction Score
I don't get it. Click on Journal Inquirer and show me how we can read those articles for free.

Sorry guess they aren’t all free. I’ve only clicked into free newspapers at this point. Sorry about that.

Reaction Score
Jeff didn't make my arguments very well, he sounded more like the dumpster fire crowd.

In a typical example of the intellectual dishonesty our media practices at every level, he trivializes Gilbert's injury and goes on to say our injuries pale in comparison to UCF's. He even mentioned Gilbert's and only Gilbert's injury last year.

Yo JJ, not that you're ever paying attention, we were devastated by three key injuries last year and two of those injuries were to players much better than anyone on UCF. This year, our problem is not just the injury to Gilbert, Larrier is still recovering from a torn ACL and still isn't 100% and we only have two returning rotation players. It takes times to jell JJ, you should know this by now.

JJ represents our media and the dumpster fire crowd very well, superficial

He represents the views of anyone whose head isn't firmly planted in the sand.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I forgot to mention the one thing JJ got right, there are fans emotionally invested in seeing "THEIR TEAM" lose because they want KO to fail. That's a cold stone fact, sad as it may be.

Now before y'all go YARD on me, not every fan who wants KO replaced wants the team to lose. Most of them would be happy to see the team turn it around. But make no mistake, it's appears to me too many 'FANS" are emotionally vested in him failing

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom