Jeff Jacobs is relaying our thoughts | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs is relaying our thoughts

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
She probably couldn't hear him because she was too busy melting snow to flush his toilet.

The woman should be canonized.

Fast forward a few years:

th

"Honey? That toilet snow ready yet?"

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Glad to see Jacobs branching out a bit. Yes, he's clearly reading the Boneyard. That's good. Somebody in the media needs to relate what we, the "casual" fans are thinking. I think he's been doing better stuff, and I think the move frees him up a bit editorially. I'm also glad there is no stupid paywall. He captured the feeling pretty well.

Reaction Score
Mark Titus annihilating UConn on The Ringer as well. Rough perception of us nationally at the moment:

"Wichita State is four games into its conference schedule and has won all four by an average margin of 25 points, with the closest coming when the Shockers beat Connecticut 72–62 on the road. Yes, UConn is the only Missouri Valley team to — oh no, UConn isn’t in the MVC. And that must mean … are you telling me that Wichita State has already switched conferences? And it’s still beating the piss out of everyone in its league?

Can we please fast-forward to the part of the season when the Shockers play the teams that made guys like me think this conference realignment was a good thing? More importantly, why hasn’t Wichita State played those teams by now? If the people who made the American’s schedule were smart, they would have put Wichita State’s first conference game on the road against one of the premier, nationally relevant programs in the league. Instead, Wichita State opened conference play at UConn."

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
You thawed yet?
Got it back last night.

But now there is so much silt and crap ( even after I ran a hose directly from water pump to flush the system for 45 minutes) tgat I have had to change my water filter 3 times in 12 hours.

Beats no water though.

Reaction Score
By the way, sometimes making a coaching change pays off right away with just a team attitude adjustment and doesn't have to be a long rebuilding process. If you find the right guy. I present this year's Ohio State team.

Chris Holtmann has Ohio State atop the Big Ten in what should be a rebuilding season

Many members of the supporting cast around Bates-Diop have improved under Holtmann. Guard C.J. Jackson has provided much-needed playmaking and perimeter shooting all season and has cut down his turnovers in recent weeks. Guard Jae’Sean Tate has scored efficiently when attacking the rim off the bounce while also impacting the game defensively with his long arms, quick hands and relentless hustle. Promising 6-foot-9 freshman Kaleb Wesson has provided the low-post scoring presence Ohio State has lacked in recent seasons.

Something else Holtmann deserves credit for is the obvious chemistry and camaraderie on this year’s team. Twenty-five of Ohio State’s 29 baskets against Maryland on Thursday night came via assists, a remarkable percentage that speaks to the unselfishness of the Buckeyes and the quality of the sets that Holtmann was running.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Got it back last night.

But now there is so much silt and crap ( even after I ran a hose directly from water pump to flush the system for 45 minutes) tgat I have had to change my water filter 3 times in 12 hours.

Beats no water though.

Welcome back to world of indoor plumbing. When it gets cold again be sure to keep a faucet running, just a trickle will do, to keep it from freezing up again.

C

Chief00

Instead of being behind the story, following KO's critics with the result of each game, he should try getting ahead of it. Talk to some college basketball experts, coaches, whomever and see what the actual reputation is, what do people think of the coaching, the offense, etc. If we are crazy to want KO dismissed, tell us why. If KO is coasting on his laurels, let us know.
If you really wanted to know about basketball don’t read Jeff Jacobs. That’s not where you will find basketball insights.

Reaction Score
If you really wanted to know about basketball don’t read Jeff Jacobs. That’s not where you will find basketball insights.

yeah, he's good for stirring the pot or voicing a fan base but i dont think you're going to actually learn anything about the game you didnt already know.

Reaction Score
Mark Titus annihilating UConn on The Ringer as well. Rough perception of us nationally at the moment:

"Wichita State is four games into its conference schedule and has won all four by an average margin of 25 points, with the closest coming when the Shockers beat Connecticut 72–62 on the road. Yes, UConn is the only Missouri Valley team to — oh no, UConn isn’t in the MVC. And that must mean … are you telling me that Wichita State has already switched conferences? And it’s still beating the piss out of everyone in its league?

Can we please fast-forward to the part of the season when the Shockers play the teams that made guys like me think this conference realignment was a good thing? More importantly, why hasn’t Wichita State played those teams by now? If the people who made the American’s schedule were smart, they would have put Wichita State’s first conference game on the road against one of the premier, nationally relevant programs in the league. Instead, Wichita State opened conference play at UConn."

We probably deserve this.

And before anyone says anything else, Mark Titus has been pro-UConn for a long time.

C

Chief00

yeah, he's good for stirring the pot or voicing a fan base but i dont think you're going to actually learn anything about the game you didnt already know.

Couldn’t agree more. Jacob’s has a very emotional approach to reporting - one reason Calhoun never clicked with him.

Reaction Score
Couldn’t agree more. Jacob’s has a very emotional approach to reporting - one reason Calhoun never clicked with him.

Would he fit in with the teemsters?

C

Chief00

Would he fit in with the teemsters?
LOL - It wouldn’t end well. Again the guys who were going to be on the bus - were just the average working guy- having a couple recreational beers.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score

That burn though.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Too late in second half.

First 1/2 of 1st round game against Colorado she ran out and got rolling rock though

She's a keeper, particularly considering all the trips to Arby's she has probably been forced to endure.

Reaction Score
I posted this in the Akinjo thread, but for discussion here.

I know it's somewhat meaningless, but here's every player we have for next year's rankings according to Rivals:

Adams - 23
Gilbert - 34
Larrier - 43
Wilson - 71
Polley - 117
Diarra - 133
Matthews - 135
Vital - 145
Carlton - 150
Akinjo - 157
Cobb - N/A
Kisinius - N/A
Williams - N/A
Whalley - N/A

Things need to happen, clearly. Larrier and Adams coming back among them.

But just from a raw talent standpoint - NOT a tournament team? As in almost - 'get out of the way and the kids can do whatever' sense.

Four top 100 players. 9 top 150 players.

I think everyone would say - based off the N/A guys... Williams kind of sucks and who knows with Kisinius. But Whalley's a dude. And Cobb is a useful piece for sure.

So you have ten talented players. Really talented, actually.

My swing around being - I wonder what a good or OK coach OR any coach not named Kevin Ollie would get out of them. Calhoun isn't coming back, don't want him back, but with the draft, transfers, etc - and a little stretching thinking Adams/Larrier comes back. This is a 26-27 win team with JC, right? Just on the back court alone? It's a tournament team. There's enough talent there, correct?

I'm not antagonizing, i'm legitimately asking. Because what team with a talent outlay like that misses a tournament 2 years in a row?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom