Jeff Jacobs: Dan Hurley loves UConn fans, just not those Twitter “crazies” | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs: Dan Hurley loves UConn fans, just not those Twitter “crazies”

C

Chief00

FYI no one has typed more about a frowny face than you.
Calling dudes out that act inappropriately and then try to live behind the anonymity of their keyboards. Nice to see the coach do the same.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I’m surprised Hurley is making this big of a deal out of it. Has Hurley ever seen SEC football twitter? There are thousands of people bad mouthing teenagers, calling for coaches heads on their own teams. Uconn Twitter is tame imo.
Hurley had a very rough personal patch at Seton Hall. I'm sure this touches that nerve. Regardless, I've never had respect for the internet warriors who attack people behind the anonymity of the net. Hurley called them cowards and that's exactly what they are. It is completely fair to talk about players strengths and weaknesses, we do here all the time. (Although as I said at the time starting a thread where the title calls a player out by name to be benched was a bridge too far.) But sending stuff to a kid's social media is asinine. You wonder about what's wrong with people like that.

C

Chief00

FYI no one has typed more about a frowny face than you.

Really?
79ECB02D-9723-4A1C-BB1E-A56058618D03.png

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Hurley had a very rough personal patch at Seton Hall. I'm sure this touches that nerve. Regardless, I've never had respect for the internet warriors who attack people behind the anonymity of the net. Hurley called them cowards and that's exactly what they are. It is completely fair to talk about players strengths and weaknesses, we do here all the time. (Although as I said at the time starting a thread where the title calls a player out by name to be benched was a bridge too far.) But sending stuff to a kid's social media is asinine. You wonder about what's wrong with people like that.
Completely agree! The AG stuff went too far.

C

Chief00

Yes, really. You know that I don’t have to type anything to frown, right? Whereas you have literally typed more than anyone on the subject?
The difference between someone who critically thinks and a BOT.

Reaction Score
What a display of online leadership from Chief, who's not afraid to put his name out there and doesn't hide behind the anonymity of a message board name like "BigErnMcCracken" or "CTMike" or "Chief." Chief is about doing it in the real world, not being obsessed with having his message board "likes" restored or the "reaction rates" of his post.

Whatever you say about Chief, you have to admit he walks the talk. A true inspiration.

C

Chief00

What a display of online leadership from Chief, who's not afraid to put his name out there and doesn't hide behind the anonymity of a message board name like "BigErnMcCracken" or "CTMike" or "Chief." Chief is about doing it in the real world, not being obsessed with having his message board "likes" restored or the "reaction rates" of his post.

Whatever you say about Chief, you have to admit he walks the talk. A true inspiration.
My point was I don’t do nearly 10,000 retroactive dislikes to someone’s account and hide behind anonymity. I don’t conduct myself in that manner. True, we all have handles to discuss basketball.

Reaction Score
I think Hurley should spend less time reading the boneyard and dedicate it to his team. AG shooting woes has allot to do with coaching, if a player is taking too many bad shots and is hurting the team it is up to the coach to have a talk with him and address the problem. So it is not all AGs fault. The fans are bringing up a problem with the team that he should address instead of fighting it.

Reaction Score
I think Hurley should spend less time reading the boneyard and dedicate it to his team. AG shooting woes has allot to do with coaching, if a player is taking too many bad shots and is hurting the team it is up to the coach to have a talk with him and address the problem. So it is not all AGs fault. The fans are bringing up a problem with the team that he should address instead of fighting it.

Spot on minus the fact his rant had nothing to do with the Boneyard. He talked about Twitter in particular.

Reaction Score

What a baffling and overly generous (to that segment of fans) interpretation this is.

Reaction Score
Relax, he likely tasks his son with scrolling the boneyard and then at the dinner table he regales the family with the newest insider info from Chief

Reaction Score
Maybe Hurley should cancel all his post game press conferences and have a post game practice to run sprints and shooting drills. Seems much more beneficial

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Calling dudes out that act inappropriately and then try to live behind the anonymity of their keyboards. Nice to see the coach do the same.

I'm considering adding this to my slideshow on "irony" for my 9th-graders.

Also a great example of poor syntax/word choice for that lesson. This makes almost no sense, but I enjoyed every word.

Reaction Score
Social media ironically is having the opposite effect of what it first intended, which was to obviously bring people together. I work in a university setting with kids and we are all aware of the negative effects it's having on their mental health. Depression and suicide is soaring in the last decade w teens and some of that has to do w social media. Dan knows that, this goes beyond just basketball. It may only be the 1% but it is a screaming, semi permanent and very public 1%

If I recall correctly an ex-Uconner was one of the first to use Twitter and I believe it was halftime of a game and he was drilled pretty hard for it. Maybe Rudy Gay? Not 100% sure of the name.

Reaction Score

Kitchen door access

>>“ I was talking to the one percent that were viciously attacking Al. He’s not the starting guard for the Celtics. You can’t tweet profanity-laced tirades at 18- to 21-year olds if he doesn’t play up to what you hope he would do.

Although minor I did criticize DH a bit for his comment but im glad he made this point because no one in their right mind would think this is in any way shape or form ok. Ive been vocal of AGs play but I've been fair as have many others and I sure didnt resort to name calling never mind going on twitter and roasting the kid. I dont "tweet" and dont use Twitter as its basically 99% low life scumbags trashing on people or virtue signaling but never actually getting off their butts and going out and trying to do some good in the world.

Reaction Score
You can't have it both ways. If you want a passionate fan base, you have to be able to handle criticism when expectations aren't met. That said, attacking a kid personally on social media is a line that should be never crossed. For those who do that, get a life!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom