Jeff Adrien Going To Houston | The Boneyard

Jeff Adrien Going To Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Jeff Adrien will be a modern-day Kevin Ollie, only the PF version... an NBA journeyman going contract to contract who's intangibles and hard work will keep him in the league. Glad to see this is for a year, hope he has a chance to prove himself.

One of my all-time favorite UConn players.

Reaction Score
Jeff Adrien will be a modern-day Kevin Ollie, only the PF version... an NBA journeyman going contract to contract who's intangibles and hard work will keep him in the league. Glad to see this is for a year, hope he has a chance to prove himself.

One of my all-time favorite UConn players.

Milwaukee loved him last year. They couldn't extend him a 1 year contract?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Jeff will stick in the league for at least 8 years. It might be a succession of one year or 10day contracts, but he'll stick. He's got the stuff.

One of two guys I can remember whom JC referred to repeatedly as a "warrior". The other was Taliek. Describe those guys in one word, and JC answers "warrior" every time.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Jeff will stick in the league for at least 8 years. It might be a succession of one year or 10day contracts, but he'll. He's got the stuff.

One of two guys I can remember whom JC referred to repeatedly as a "warrior". The other was Taliek. Describe those guys in one word, and JC answers "warrior" every time.

I think that Adrien showed enough last year with the Bucks to get a real contract at some point. I think he could be an above-average regular for the next few years if he finds the right roster.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I think that Adrien showed enough last year with the Bucks to get a real contract at some point. I think he could be an above-average regular for the next few years if he finds the right roster.

That's often the trick isn't it? Opportunity.

Reaction Score
With all due respect to KO, he was never as productive in the NBA as Jeff has been. He averaged 11 and 8 in only 25 minutes for the Bucks last season (18.4 PER). He's a good player and the Rockets were one of the first teams to give him a shot in the league. I get the feeling he'll play key minutes for them on the second unit.

Reaction Score
The previous coach liked him, but they have a new coach now in Jason Kidd who may not know much about him.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I haven't followed Houston very closely, but he'll be an upgrade over Chuck Hayes.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Jeff will stick in the league for at least 8 years. It might be a succession of one year or 10day contracts, but he'll stick. He's got the stuff.

He called Kevin Freeman a warrior on multiple occasions as well.

“I am thrilled to have Kevin join our staff here at UConn,” said Calhoun. “Kevin was one of the great warriors we have ever had play for us and is just the type of person that all of our current players should aspire to be like and be around.”
http://soxanddawgs.com/huskies/articles/former-husky-kevin-freeman-joins-uconn-basketball-staff.html

It's one of those compliments coaches love to hand out. When a coach calls someone a warrior, he's saying he would love to have that player on his team.

Sophomore forward Kevin Freeman has been called a warrior repeatedly by coach Jim Calhoun. Pittsburgh coach Ralph Willard dropped the praise on Freeman Saturday after the Huskies defeated the Panthers 92-67 at the Civic Center.
http://articles.courant.com/1998-02-15/sports/9802150235_1_warrior-kevin-freeman-jim-calhoun

Reaction Score
That's a great landing spot for him. Just having Jeff I an upgrade...great heart!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
That's great, really happy for him, plus once he continues what he did last year he could maybe get a contract for bigger bucks. He knows that this is his moment.

His rate stats all season were superb, but he was a much better player off the bench than he was a starter. He was still solid as a starter, but his shooting efficiency and his defense were way down from earlier in the season. If he can avoid that, I don't see why he couldn't play 34mpg and be a 15/10 guy for the next few seasons.

Reaction Score
he was waived, I didn't watch any of their preseason games besides the one against the Heat but I'm shocked he got waived. Jeff played well early in the season for the Bobcats last year when they had injury issues and then put up nice numbers on a bad Bucks team, I'm kinda surprised Jeff didn't land in a situation where his spot was more secure than it was. I haven't bothered to look at numbers but did Tarik Black really outplay him in Hou, I thought dude was very underwhelming for Memphis and Kansas. In the one preseason game I saw he was playing Center minutes so maybe it was a position thing.

Reaction Score
From reading twitter I guess Black played well in the preseason and that earned him the spot. Oh well, Adrien will get snatched up by someone, I know there's the "looter in a riot" theory, but his numbers for Milwaukee gotta get him a spot somewhere.

Reaction Score
From reading twitter I guess Black played well in the preseason and that earned him the spot. Oh well, Adrien will get snatched up by someone, I know there's the "looter in a riot" theory, but his numbers for Milwaukee gotta get him a spot somewhere.
he's better than alot of rotational bigs on a lot of teams, basketball twitter was buzzing last night when he got cut. Lets just hope he gets minutes wherever he goes, maybe even a contender.

Reaction Score
If he find a home this year I think that gets him his NBA pension which requires three full years. After that the pension is determined by the number of months a player was in the league.

I got to believe he will find a spot somewhere at some point. He is really Ollie 2.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom