JC spends two minutes on WTIC thanking the Boneyard -The Real Husky fans! | The Boneyard

JC spends two minutes on WTIC thanking the Boneyard -The Real Husky fans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The money raised really means something to JC. It was in two other threads but not sure those thread tell people what The Boneyard means to JC.

Also JC talks about Arnold Dean, about past teams and players, and about these times being a bump in the road but if we all pull together UConn will do fine.

http://connecticut.cbslocal.com/audio-on-demand/wtic-sports-talk/#

ctchamps

Reaction Score
The shout to the Boneyard is at about the 19 minute mark if you just want to fast forward to that. He almost sounded like he choked up talking about it.
To be exact starts at 18:52 mark. Wished it started at 20 minutes. That would have been a Boneyard first for those who say 20 minutes.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wow. He said the gesture gave him goose bumps. His comments gave me goose bumps. We wanted to send message to coach that we appreciated all he's done for the university, the state, and the young men in his program. Well the message was clearly received and gesture clearly was appreciated. Well done everyone. Well done.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I am teary-eyed because I swear at 19:45 he said "Boneyard, Dove, you'll be forever in my heart..." Wow!

Also, major props to Jim l for organizing this drive. Hopefully he;'ll get one of those gold filigree cluster thingys that Dr. Dos gives out. And big ups to all who donated.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
He doesn't read our forum but he hit the nail on the head when he said he was sure that this fanatical base probably screams at him the way he screamed at the players.:)

I wish we had some way of letting him know the overwhelming majority of us are behind KO!

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I am teary-eyed because I swear at 19:45 he said "Boneyard, Dove, you'll be forever in my heart..." Wow!

Also, major props to Jim l for organizing this drive. Hopefully he;'ll get one of those gold filigree cluster thingys that Dr. Dos gives out. And big ups to all who donated.

It is absolutely true that jleves did a great job, but it should also be known that Deepster (who had the idea in the first place) and Fishy also did great jobs in taking a mess of jumbled ideas, generating surprisingly good options, resulting in a great plan. This could easily have gone off the rails without each of their contributions.

The Boneyard should thank each of them for setting this up in an incredibly awesome and "doable" way, and then thank themselves for making it more successful than anyone would have imagined possible.

Reaction Score
It is absolutely true that jleves did a great job, but it should also be known that Deepster (who had the idea in the first place) and Fishy also did great jobs in taking a mess of jumbled ideas, generating surprisingly good options, resulting in a great plan. This could easily have gone off the rails without each of their contributions.

The Boneyard should thank each of them for setting this up in an incredibly awesome and "doable" way, and then thank themselves for making it more successful than anyone would have imagined possible.

Thanks, the above mentioned and everyone involved!

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

thanks guys

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score

It was a team effort and for the record Dogbreath2U also was part of the team. Glad we could help facilitate the gift and really cool to hear that JC was moved.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The shout out to the Boneyard is at about the 19 minute mark if you just want to fast forward to that. He almost sounds like he choked up talking about it.

The whole thing is a good listen. I really liked his discussing some the teams that just missed. Some good comments regarding the UCLA and Maryland games and the 2009 team. He really liked that 1995 team.

Reaction Score
Let's be honest. Every person who gave an idea or a dollar or inspired others to push forward on this are the ones who deserve equal praise and who JC was singling out.

And, once again, he hits the nail on the head, and reminds us that right now, KO and this team need us just like he did.

I know there are other great programs in other parts of the country. Maybe, in lots of ways? They're even better than ours. More fans, better arena, more titles, etc. All I know is I wouldn't trade places with a single one of them.

Reaction Score
Wow that was awesome! Even made me proud to be a member of this forum, in spite of all the......... I'll keep it positive. Its one thing to post and jostle with the fan base but another to accomplish something tangible is just fantastic. At the very least it justifies my many years of time reading, posting and clicking on to this site. We made a difference.

Good job to those that put together the concept (remember it was a charitable giving of their time) and of course those of us who donated.

This erases my post season blues, as the 'Cause' is much more important than basketball.

Always great to be a Husky fan and greater to be a BoneYarder.

Who said 12-12-12 isn't memorable? ;)

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
I was certainly proud to donate before, but this really makes it all the more real. Such an honor to be part of this effort.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I got a little treat in the mail today - a letter signed by Coach and the director of the program thanking me for the donation. There are times when you assume a signature comes from the secretary or a handler, this is one of those times when I believe he put the pen to the paper.

Reaction Score
I got a little treat in the mail today - a letter signed by Coach and the director of the program thanking me for the donation. There are times when you assume a signature comes from the secretary or a handler, this is one of those times when I believe he put the pen to the paper.
I got one too. I was checking out the signature to see if it was real or an electronic signature. Tough to tell. A very nice gesture to send the letter.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Yes, got one too. Sounds like the pump we bought will do some real good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom