JC on Fatso at 4PM | Page 2 | The Boneyard

JC on Fatso at 4PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hahaha so great. Between his love for Brandon Inge (YouTube it) and falling asleep listening to a mets reporter, starting the like him as entertainment.

What's makes the 'falling asleep episode' even better was his long, drawn out excuse. Claims he never fell asleep and then, as a defense, offers all these reasons why he was very tired that day (worked a long day, kids were sick and kept him up throughout the night, and few others). Didn't seem to occur to him that listing off all that stuff only helps confirm that he did fall asleep.

To get this thread back on track, it is great to hear Calhoun's accomplishments at UConn given their proper credit.

Reaction Score
Can't find a replay agenda on the website, Is there one?? or only live??

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
...and now someone just called and said Mike was too soft on Calhoun given his history with graduation rates, violations, and player arrests, and he can't go ahead of Thompson or Boeheim(!!!) because of that. Haven't listened to Mike's show in weeks, time to turn this off now.
I'd love to tally arrests, violations and any other indiscretions with Cuse and Georgetown and see where we end up.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
It really isn't open for debate. The only coach you can make an argument was better than Calhoun over the last 25 years is K. No one else.

You can't just look at wins. You have to look at who won compared to what the program they inherited was before they got there. I would take what Calhoun did over K, but those who go with K and the more consistent wins year to year to year, I have no issue with that. But Roy Williams? I could win as many games as he did at UNC. Boeheim? A great coach but not even close to Calhoun. And on, and on.

I think another reason its a slam dunk case that Calhoun is the all time best BE coach is that K didn't even coach in the BE.

But you made good points too. I liked how you built the argument. However, I got to the crutch of it faster.

Reaction Score
Does not really surprise me. Francesa has been very pro UConn since him and JC buried the hatchet i guess you can say. I remember he was all for UConn right from the start in 2004 but Mad Dog kept harping on the FT shooting as en excuse not to take them. Anyone remember when they did a live show from the XL center before the Notre Dame game in 06? Francesa also came back to do another show at the XL before the Pitt game in 2009.

Reaction Score
Does not really surprise me. Francesa has been very pro UConn since him and JC buried the hatchet i guess you can say. I remember he was all for UConn right from the start in 2004 but Mad Dog kept harping on the FT shooting as en excuse not to take them. Anyone remember when they did a live show from the XL center before the Notre Dame game in 06? Francesa also came back to do another show at the XL before the Pitt game in 2009.

Wasn't that a close game, marcus williams game winner? that 4 loss team had 5 players drafted

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Of course it makes sense financially, but I suspect somewhere down the line there's going to be a lot of people who realize it badly damaged the product on the field/court because of the elimination of rivalries and events such as the BET.
Eventually, when major conferences go to 16 or 20 teams they will divide into regional divisions and bring back those rivalries. It's what makes college sports special and I think even the greediest amongst us will figure that out eventually.

Reaction Score
Wasn't that a close game, marcus williams game winner? that 4 loss team had 5 players drafted
Yes it was a very close game that Went into OT. I remember Mike and the Mad Dog killing UConn's performance the next day though saying UConn didnt have enough ways to score. UConn did not play well down the stretch and even though they only had 3 losses going into the tournament, it just didnt feel the same as it did 2 yrs earlier (2004). I remember watching the ESPN Bracketology and mostly everyone picked us to win it but they were very cautiously optimistic. Still no excuse to lose to the team we did. Refuse to mention the name right now. Its bad enough we cant play in this yrs tournament and i dont want to bring back more bad memories.

Reaction Score
Yes it was a very close game that Went into OT. I remember Mike and the Mad Dog killing UConn's performance the next day though saying UConn didnt have enough ways to score. UConn did not play well down the stretch and even though they only had 3 losses going into the tournament, it just didnt feel the same as it did 2 yrs earlier (2004). I remember watching the ESPN Bracketology and mostly everyone picked us to win it but they were very cautiously optimistic. Still no excuse to lose to the team we did. Refuse to mention the name right now. Its bad enough we cant play in this yrs tournament and i dont want to bring back more bad memories.

I remember one thing that killed us was jb and ha kept getting scored on in the post. it was rediculous! they were 6`10 and were being scored on by 6`7 guys:confused:

Reaction Score
I remember one thing that killed us was jb and ha kept getting scored on in the post. it was rediculous! they were 6`10 and were being scored on by 6`7 guys:confused:

And they defended them well, not on Josh and Hilton. They made some bankers,throws, prayers you name it ......then both big men couldn't find the ocean in the national semi.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom