JC doing commentary on Virginia-GW game | The Boneyard

JC doing commentary on Virginia-GW game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
right now on ESPN2

Anyone know if he will be broadcasting any of the games tomorrow?

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
On ESPN 2 right now calling the UVA game vs GW.

Reaction Score
Anyone know if JC will be broadcasting any of the big games tomorrow?

Reaction Score
Ugly but very intense and entertaining game so far. Calhoun has been good commentating

Reaction Score
Calhoun talking about how good Kemba was on the fast break...brings back amazing memories.

Reaction Score
Virginia seems to lack a really good player. Lots of good players. GW looking very active and mature. Great game.

Reaction Score
JC needs to speak louder, doesn't have to be Vitale but its hard to hear him over the crowd

Reaction Score
Also has to get a better feel of when to interject, there was a couple of sequences when JC was doing the play by play instead of his partner because he was over talking. He drops some good insight tho.

Reaction Score
Also has to get a better feel of when to interject, there was a couple of sequences when JC was doing the play by play instead of his partner because he was over talking. He drops some good insight tho.
No doubt. Seemed like JC was doing both jobs

Reaction Score
Virginia seems to lack a really good player. Lots of good players. GW looking very active and mature. Great game.
Brogdon is All-American good. what we lack is shooters, and that solid defense we had last year. Darion Atkins is a much bigger loss than Justin Anderson

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
JC really drops some great knowledge when commentating a game. Also, he was really good at explaining game situations. I enjoyed him a lot. Seemed like the play-by-play guy took the backseat in commentating. Part of that his own fault but also part of that because JC can ramble. Also, it was pretty loud in there so it was hard to understand both commentators. Great atmosphere and game.

Good win for GW. ACC already somewhat exposed early.

Reaction Score
GW is going to have a strong year. If this was the first time you watched them, Watanable is a good shooter. Just didn't have it tonight. Larson handles and passes incredibly for a guy his size, and Garino is a really fundamentally strong player. They only go 6 deep (their 7th and 8th players are transfers from DArtmouth and Hamilton for goodness sakes), but they're going to win a lot of games, and I expect them to be have a shot at the Sweet 16.

Reaction Score
GW is going to have a strong year. If this was the first time you watched them, Watanable is a good shooter. Just didn't have it tonight. Larson handles and passes incredibly for a guy his size, and Garino is a really fundamentally strong player. They only go 6 deep (their 7th and 8th players are transfers from DArtmouth and Hamilton for goodness sakes), but they're going to win a lot of games, and I expect them to be have a shot at the Sweet 16.

They reminded me a lot of the 2014 St. Joes team when I was watching (who, incidentally, also went only 6 deep). Extremely patient running their sets.

Reaction Score
I think GW is less athletic than that St. Joes team, but much older and fundamentally sound. The similarity is that both teams had point-centers who, while huge, can dribble and pass when the double comes.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
JC really drops some great knowledge when commentating a game. Also, he was really good at explaining game situations. I enjoyed him a lot. Seemed like the play-by-play guy took the backseat in commentating. Part of that his own fault but also part of that because JC can ramble. Also, it was pretty loud in there so it was hard to understand both commentators. Great atmosphere and game.

Good win for GW. ACC already somewhat exposed early.
Ever JC at a home game? Talks his son's ear off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom