Jaylin Stewart Tidbit from Rob | The Boneyard

Jaylin Stewart Tidbit from Rob

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Welp looks like Stewart may be the freshman to step up instead of Ross. For it regardless! He seems super skilled if he can play within the offense.

Reaction Score

Mentions Stewart as someone the staff is really happy with, says he could have an Alex type impact right away.

He has all the skills to be successful. If he buys in on defense and gets in the film room, he'll be solid.

Reaction Score
Is Stewart a power forward or small forward ?

I bet in a pinch he could play some center too, he showed post moves in high school and he is strong. You can say he is not tall enough but Sanogo wasn't very tall either. He might be the reason Coach Hurley feels content to not use the last scholarship on another 4-5 player.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I bet in a pinch he could play some center too, he showed post moves in high school and he is strong. You can say he is not tall enough but Sanogo wasn't very tall either. He might be the reason Coach Hurley feels content to not use the last scholarship on another 4-5 player.
You're thinking of highschool Stewart who was still caring baby weight. He's slimmed down. I've said before that I think you see an increase in his athleticism once he gets into the strength and conditioning program just like we saw from Clingan last season. He's def a 3/4. Don't see him getting any minutes at the 5.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If he’s ever playing center, we had some terrible injuries.

Reaction Score
You're thinking of highschool Stewart who was still caring baby weight. He's slimmed down. I've said before that I think you see an increase in his athleticism once he gets into the strength and conditioning program just like we saw from Clingan last season. He's def a 3/4. Don't see him getting any minutes at the 5.
Yep, he's significantly slimmer and won't play center but he has a big base. Thick legs and huge hands. He's seriously slept on nationally and not mentioned enough by our own fanbase. He's gonna be good.

Reaction Score
If he’s ever playing center, we had some terrible injuries.

That's why I said "in a pinch". Obviously the 5 won't be his primary position but it is good to have versatility on the team, you never know when it will be needed.

caw

Reaction Score
Kind of impressed how slim he looked in the short videos out there. Especially when considering he has only been on campus for a bit compared to everyone else. Good frame too.

Reaction Score
Why couldn't both of them step up? Why does it have to be one or the other?
Agree that it can be multiple guys. Although I’m not sure what stepping up actually means here. I do think that outside of Singare, all of the remaining freshman come in oozing offensive potential, with different ways to score the ball.

But outside of Solo, I do think it will take some time for this class to adjust to the physicality of the Big East and the level of defensive intensity. The S&C program will help, but it may take a full season of conference play for some of these guys. Fan base needs to exercise patience.

Reaction Score
Why couldn't both of them step up? Why does it have to be one or the other?
Not sure there's room for both in the rotation. Castle, Newton, Spencer, Karaban, Clingan starting. Diarra and Johnson locked in as the only backups at the 1 and 5 already puts the rotation at 7. We're not going more than 8 or 9 deep so that leaves 1 of Ball, Ross, Stewart squeezed out

Reaction Score
Not sure there's room for both in the rotation. Castle, Newton, Spencer, Karaban, Clingan starting. Diarra and Johnson locked in as the only backups at the 1 and 5 already puts the rotation at 7. We're not going more than 8 or 9 deep so that leaves 1 of Ball, Ross, Stewart squeezed out

Yea, like mentioned in the post above yours, I guess it depends on what you mean by "step up"...if it means getting 15+ min/game, then yea, probably only one.

But if it means finding 8-12min of useful min/game, then if they are both deserving of that in practice, the Hurley will find a way to make it happen (at least for a good portion of the season)

Reaction Score
I mean we went 9 deep just last season

Reaction Score
Do you think there's any chance Diarra gets pushed out of the rotation as the season progresses? I'd assume it's unlikely since we're probably going to see so much of Castle and Newton playing together.

Reaction Score
Ball vs. Diarra for the backup guard spot. Probably a 10mpg job. Best man wins.
Oh cool, I wasn't really under the impression that Ball had PG skills like that. Did he do a lot of primary ballhandling in high school?

edit: oh whoops I read this as backup PG not backup guard, my fault.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
When we discuss the impact the freshmen may have let us not forget that Justin Brown was pushing Emeka for the starting spot at the 5.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom