Jaylin Stewart Tidbit from Rob | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jaylin Stewart Tidbit from Rob

Reaction Score
Do you think there's any chance Diarra gets pushed out of the rotation as the season progresses? I'd assume it's unlikely since we're probably going to see so much of Castle and Newton playing together.
I don’t personally think this will happen too much. The fact that Newton and Castle are both huge is great for us but I could see us having issues stopping small guards from penetrating. I think Diarra will be leaned on for defense unless the threat of Clingans blocking ability shuts some of that down

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don’t personally think this will happen too much. The fact that Newton and Castle are both huge is great for us but I could see us having issues stopping small guards from penetrating. I think Diarra will be leaned on for defense unless the threat of Clingans blocking ability shuts some of that down
Let them penetrate. What are they going to do? Clingan is going to be in drop all the time.

Reaction Score
Yes, I remember Diarra being brought in when things weren’t going so good. He is a disrupter on defense, helped get turnovers by getting in their faces. I bet Hurley continues to use him that way but he won’t get big minutes is a guess.

pj

Reaction Score
Not sure there's room for both in the rotation. Castle, Newton, Spencer, Karaban, Clingan starting. Diarra and Johnson locked in as the only backups at the 1 and 5 already puts the rotation at 7. We're not going more than 8 or 9 deep so that leaves 1 of Ball, Ross, Stewart squeezed out

Roumoglou also competing for time and could squeeze out Ball or Diarra for third guard. Stewart is bulkier and more versatile than Ross and better able to back up Karaban and defend inside. Stewart will make the rotation, Samson/Singare are not going to be the right interior backups for every matchup.

And don't sleep on Andrew Hurley for closing out championship games.

Reaction Score
Let them penetrate. What are they going to do? Clingan is going to be in drop all the time.
I don’t know, probably get blocked half the time, and draw a foul on Clingan or make a nice pass to Clingans man for a dunk the other half

Reaction Score
Clingan is going to be great but I hope that he has taken to some of Sanogo’s footwork that allowed him to be unstoppable. Clingan who we are lucky to have still has some room for improvement down low on dribble moves to the rim and some weak finishes. Not complaining mind you just noting that and I don’t expect him to be as good as Adama on those things but I’m looking forward to seeing if that is better. His overall effect on games with blocks and alterations was often better and I can’t wait to see where he’s at now especially with outside shooting.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Hurley quotes from after practice today.

“Too much weight, in a way," Hurley noted. "Unbelievable effort by him before he got here, that tells you about the kid. Now, we've got to kind of build his body back up with the muscle, get him stronger. He's that 3/4, 4/3 type of guy that's got to play in, play out, get on the backboard. So, we've got to build his body back up."

Reaction Score
You're thinking of highschool Stewart who was still caring baby weight. He's slimmed down. I've said before that I think you see an increase in his athleticism once he gets into the strength and conditioning program just like we saw from Clingan last season. He's def a 3/4. Don't see him getting any minutes at the 5.
Hurley's comments on Stewart:

"Too much weight, in a way," Hurley noted. "Unbelievable effort by him before he got here, that tells you about the kid. Now, we've got to kind of build his body back up with the muscle, get him stronger. He's that 3/4, 4/3 type of guy that's got to play in, play out, get on the backboard. So, we've got to build his body back up."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom