Jaylin Stewart finds ‘perfect fit’ with UConn basketball | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jaylin Stewart finds ‘perfect fit’ with UConn basketball

Reaction Score
From the On3 article:

“I chose UConn because I feel like they made an extra effort to show that I was going to be a key piece in what they got going on,” Stewart said to On3. “When I was on the visit I clicked with all the players and the coaching staff are already close to my family so it was the perfect fit for me.”

Full court press worked. Credit to the staff here. They got it done!

Reaction Score
I'm feeling more '24-'25:

2025San AntonioAlamodomeApril 5 & 7University of Texas at San Antonio/University of Incarnate Word

Oh, and that will be #6; #5 is obviously going to be our surprise run this season:

2023HoustonNRG StadiumApril 1 & 3Rice University/University of Houston/Houston Baptist/Texas Southern University
We may never lose again!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Just got back from helping my neighbors set up for a charity event. Knew before signing in Stewart would commit. Every time I do one of these events I’m not around for the announcement.

After getting Castle the only recruit I wanted more than Stewart was Estrella. We have an outstanding class and these players all know one another and relate well with each other.

Welcome Stewart. I’m stoked!

Reaction Score
Just a massive get as far as how the puzzle pieces fit together. Those 3 guys (Castle, Ball, Stewart) are gonna have outrageous creation ability. Bring back the Kevin Ollie 1v1 offense.

Reaction Score
Endless Motor Sports on Twitter: "What is UConn getting in @Jaylinstewart6 Jaylin Stewart? ◾️Legit Three-Level Scorer ◾️Potent From Elbow Area ◾️Strong Pull-Up Game ◾️Punishes Smaller Defenders ◾️Underrated Perimeter Shotmaker ◾️Tremendous Versatility https://post original url/dIJTUVhT2p" / Twitter

Reaction Score
Max Feldman on Twitter: "UConn lands Jaylin Stewart. A rugged and physical functional athlete who poses a ton of mismatch problems at 6-6 and 215 pounds. PNW native continues to evolve as a shooter and shot creator. @rotaryhoops/@garfield_sports wing joins a strong class headed to Storrs in 2023. https://post original url/Dz6NSVLigV" / Twitter

Reaction Score
Adam Finkelstein on Twitter: "Jaylin Stewart is a highly skilled 6'7 wing who makes all different types of shots from various spots on the floor. Excels at creating space & mismatch problems. Also an under-rated passer & vertical athlete. Full breakdown of how he fits at UConn: https://post original url/6BIlzjjJLM https://post original url/k3YgFrDpYZ" / Twitter

Reaction Score
WOW! Welcome!!

1663347899132.gif

Reaction Score
Very happy to be wrong about a potential wait on his commitment.

This staff is absolutely lethal when they lock onto a kid and get him on campus. I imagine the distance from home wasn’t easy to navigate but they really seem to have made Jaylin and his family feel comfortable and bringing the other guys on campus at the same time was brilliant. Excellent, excellent job.

This kid is going to be so good. I mentioned Cumberland in the other thread, but he has a similar vibe to the Champagnie brothers as well. Pure scorers that are a pain the ass to deal with due to their size and ability to hit the three.
Beyond the kids, I’m sure momma Castle was a positive as well. One mother sending her kid away to another.

Reaction Score
Assume all the guys we think can go (Newton/Alleyne/Andre/Hawkins/Sanogo), will go. That’s a terrifying thought. Most of your production all gone in one offseason. That could ruin a team.

We’ll come back with:
PG - Stephon Castle/Hassan Diarra
SG - Solomon Ball
SF - Jaylin Stewart/Jayden Ross
PF - Alex Karaban/Samson Johnson
C - Donovan Clingan

That’s before any other recruits (cough Singare cough) and before any potential transfers. Doesn’t even include the international guys we just picked up.

Wow.

Reaction Score
Andre? I don’t see him going yet. Stewart makes every shot on the highlight tapes but he is smoothly scoring from all areas of the floor and in different ways, jumpers, backing in and fading away. Tremendous touch and he’s built very solid. Once he gets our trainers strengthening him watch out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom