Jaylin Stewart finds ‘perfect fit’ with UConn basketball | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jaylin Stewart finds ‘perfect fit’ with UConn basketball

Reaction Score
E826DCA7-7217-4420-8DB6-6964AE4455D8.jpeg
E826DCA7-7217-4420-8DB6-6964AE4455D8.jpeg

Reaction Score
Can someone give a UConn historical comp for this guy?

Less athletic Caron. He has that way of playing where he just looks like he was born with a basketball in his hand. He has all the hesitations, step backs, etc. you want in a ball-dominant wing. He has a lot of herky jerky to his game.

Solo is going to drive by people and break their ribs on the way to the rim... that isn't Stewart's style. He's the type of player to keep the defenders hips moving until he sees an opening and makes them pay with a jumper.

Reaction Score
These are my notes on him from one of the games I watched this summer...

• Endd up with 11/6/7. 5/10 from the field. 0/1 from 3. ½ from the line. Had a really hard time getting open on the perimeter to shoot the rock with Solo’s defense.
  • Full stop: He needs to be our number 1 priority right now. This wasn’t even that good of a game for him and I think that. Too much skill for his size to ignore. Super well-rounded.
  • GREAT drive and dump for an assist with solo guarding him… handles pressure really well. The TOs I’ve seen are usually dumb decisions in transition.
  • Got a nice mid-range J… Solo tried to take the charge
  • Should have an extra assist… he had one on a perimeter swing he wasn’t credited with.
  • I think he could be a very good small-ball 4… his work from the low shoulder passing the rock to open shooters in great
  • Limited athletically… will effect him in the open court and on defense. Solid frame to build strength and athleticism though. Good wide shoulders. Long arms.
  • Benched most of the second quarteR? Not sure why
  • BEAUTIFUL behind the back pass when double-teamed to a cutter… teammate lost the dribble, but it was a great pass.
  • FANTASTIC ball control and handles for a 6’7 kid
  • Excellent outlet passes…reminds me of KLove
  • Dump off passes are a thing of beauty… had 3
  • Had a nice transition block
  • Shot is off so he’s getting his assists this game. Passing over solo’s head mostly.
  • BONEHEADED dunk miss. Team is down ten and he went for the poster instead of putting it in.
  • Needs to come to the ball on post-ups… keeps getting it stolen.
  • Went for the poster late in the game but missed the dunk. He definitely has the vertical with a head of steam. I think he doesn’t quite have the quick second jump or hip mobility.
  • Not sure he has the athleticism to get open on the perimeter if he’s face-guarded like this. Needs screens and a set offense.

These were his averages in EYBL this year:

16.5 PTS
5.9 REB
2.3 AST

2.4 TO
1.4 STL
1.3 BLK

48% FG (13.1 attempts per)
32% 3FG (3.9 attempts per)
68% FT (3.8 attempts per)

Reaction Score
Less athletic Caron. He has that way of playing where he just looks like he was born with a basketball in his hand. He has all the hesitations, step backs, etc. you want in a ball-dominant wing. He has a lot of herky jerky to his game.

Solo is going to drive by people and break their ribs on the way to the rim... that isn't Stewart's style. He's the type of player to keep the defenders hips moving until he sees an opening and makes them pay with a jumper.
I was typing out the exact same Caron comparison when I saw this.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
We're winning the national championship in 2023-2024. Get ready for ring #5
I'm feeling more '24-'25:

2025San AntonioAlamodomeApril 5 & 7University of Texas at San Antonio/University of Incarnate Word

Oh, and that will be #6; #5 is obviously going to be our surprise run this season:

2023HoustonNRG StadiumApril 1 & 3Rice University/University of Houston/Houston Baptist/Texas Southern University

Reaction Score
Staff is def keeping a tight ship now. There were 0 leaks about this.

Let’s go!!
There may have been no leaks but I think the recruits them self and family members seems to have posted way too much for there not to be something

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom