2023 Recruiting: - Jayden Ross to UConn | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Jayden Ross to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Mascot Jonathan GIF by UConn Huskies

Reaction Score
A player that wants a degree! The fact that he expects to get a degree suggests a multi year 'program' player that will be more and more impactful over time. Enjoyed that interview, thanks for posting. Welcome Jayden

Reaction Score
Man, there's no way to know for certain what Ross will provide on the court, but from that interview he seems like a great kid.

Welcome to the Huskies, Jayden!
100%. Didn’t seem to have any unrealistic expectations or anything either. Couple things that stood out.
1) He has family up in the area & some alumni from the school
2) Late riser with a lot of untapped potential
3) part of the “lower” ranking sounds like it has to do with his highest growth spurt & being a late riser. Sub 5’10 freshmen year, pushing 6’6 ish now.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Is he a potential reclass guy? Or staying in 2023?
From what I’ve heard he is planning on reclassing. Will be interesting to see if we redshirt him. Really similar to the CFJ situation.

Reaction Score
“When I join the team in the 2023-24 season, I believe I’ll immediately add length, shooting and a good part of the offense as well as defense,” Ross said. “I also believe I’ll be a good overall teammate, and I’m willing to sacrifice to do whatever I need to do for the benefit of the team. As I develop more and more over my time at UConn, I think I will be a great scoring option and playmaker.”

Alternate free link:

Four-star forward Jayden Ross commits to UConn men’s basketball team

Reaction Score

Discussion on the commitment from Ross here

“It’s one of those things, I went on the visit and everything just made sense for me. It’s just a place I could tell I wanted to be at,” Ross said. “I have a lot of family up there that I really haven’t been able to see and I feel like it’s a good fit for me academically. Being able to get a degree from UConn is something I want to take advantage of.”

Full scouting report also on him in this article.

Reaction Score
I am maybe overly excited about this commitment, but he really seems to be a perfect commitment at this point in time for the following reasons

1) late riser, could potentially continue to climb. Late growth spurt, just got on the “scene”. 136 today, could be much higher at end of the next season
2) if he stays where he is, seems to be a great kid, who will be an excellent teammate
3) he doesn’t seem to have unrealistic expectations beyond coming in & working hard. Floor is Richie Springs (& I love him & how he comes in, works & has stuck around when he easily could have left)
4) He’s good enough to be on the roster here (even if not a significant contributor) has great connections with another player we’re heavily recruiting (Solo) & he won’t scare any other recruits away, nor does he seem the kid offended by being “recruited over” Ex: Middleton wouldn’t be scared off this commitment

That’s my Blue tinted review of this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak