Jayden Ross joined UConn men to develop, and he’s doing it ahead of schedule | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jayden Ross joined UConn men to develop, and he’s doing it ahead of schedule

Reaction Score
We are recruiting his younger brother correct? Anyone know how he compares to jayden as a prospect?

caw

Reaction Score
We are recruiting his younger brother correct? Anyone know how he compares to jayden as a prospect?

Yes a bit at least.

He's pretty good. Hard to really say how he compares to his brother at the same age because his brother was relatively unknown at the same point (just entering his junior year). I don't think hardly anyone on this board even heard of Jayden until the summer after his junior year, or maybe late spring of that year.

Not as tall, or as good as Jayden is now but has two years before he enters college.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I just love this interview because it shows the dedication of the coaching staff and the young men they recruit. The desire to be pushed as hard as the coaches demand in order to reach the greatest improvement and for the benefit of the team as well as themselves. Reading this made me think of Facey from the same HS program and how he might have thrived with a staff like this. It's one thing to hear about DH and staff from themselves but I just love how kids tell us they get pumped up just to come here and join such a demanding and grueling environment. It's no wonder they have created a culture of "all in all the time."

It reminds me of how Sanogo and Andre were the first to report during the summer and set a leadership example. It reminds me of watching Hawk start growing by leaps and bounds after his summer work and then down the stretch last year as only a sophomore.

I will remember this as they go through growing pains and know that everything will be ok because they have the drive and are highly motivated. They just won't tolerate mediocrity. How great is that!

BTW, here is a little quote from the Anthony article which should eliminate a lot of unnecessary speculation about the rotation and its utilization next year

"The Huskies are trying to win another national championship in much the same way that they won the most recent one, with, say, 9-10 players coming and going from the court in waves. Ross didn’t have to work his way into the fold for UConn to feel good about this approach".

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
He has the proven shooting skills as well as a propensity to hit the boards. As with every incoming freshman at any school, trying to keep up with the speed and athleticism of the college game will be his 1st hurdle. Hopefully that the staff wont screw around too much with the weight issue as they did with Josh because that decision cost JC a full season and he didnt rebound from it until he got to Houston.
What Ive seen from JR has me thinking that by mid sophomore season he will be hard to keep off the floor - so many unique weapons for his size. I like this kid a lot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom