Jay Wright: This is the Best BE | The Boneyard

Jay Wright: This is the Best BE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He told Katz 1-10 it's the best ever. They're getting 6-8 teams according to Katz. Thoughts? Sounds like nonsense to me.

Reaction Score
He told Katz 1-10 it's the best ever. They're getting 6-8 teams according to Katz. Thoughts? Sounds like nonsense to me.

Yeah Jay, okay! LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
idiot

does Jay know the old Big East won 3 of the last 4 national titles before it was disemboweled?

who does Jay think replaces UConn & Louisville? or even Cuse?

what the Big East consists of now is a bunch of Pitt's, pretty at first and then you sober up when March comes calling

Reaction Score
If he really said that he's an absolute idiot. I always liked Wright but this is beyond stupid.

Reaction Score
Watching the video, Andy Katz appears to be doing all he can to keep a straight face while explaining Jay's reasoning:

Reaction Score
Probably meant new big east. Until they put at least 3 teams from the new into the final four in the same year you can't consider it. Their league is pretty darn good though this year.
Have been glancing at the Vil / Xavier game and Archie D carries the ball every bit as much as Jalen

He means this because the conference is smaller, devoid of dead weight programs like Creighton and DePaul and Seton Hall.
Seton Hall is having a good year

Reaction Score
Watching the video, Andy Katz appears to be doing all he can to keep a straight face while explaining Jay's reasoning:

Wow Jay's stupid. A couple years ago they won the BE easily and lost to a UConn team who was ordinary in the regular season AAC though if I remember correctly, and easily too.

Can't wait to watch them go 27-3 again and lose before the 2nd weekend. Keep coaching them up Jay you dress nice

Reaction Score
They have a bunch of second-weekend teams, but I don't see anybody I'd expect to make the Final Four.

Comparing it to the Big East of the '80s, late '90s or the years just before the break-up of the league is kind of ridiculous.

Yeah, spot on. Not one title contender in that conference. The old Big East usually had multiple teams with a puncher's chance.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Umm, looks like I'm the only one who doesn't think this is a big deal. Do I agree? Of course not. But what do you expect Jay to do? He's barracking for his conference. Influence public perception whatever way you can. I hope Ollie/Brown/Cronin et al do the same for the American.

Reaction Score
This isn't the Big East anymore, not even close - Wright is full of it.

Reaction Score
Umm, looks like I'm the only one who doesn't think this is a big deal. Do I agree? Of course not. But what do you expect Jay to do? He's barracking for his conference. Influence public perception whatever way you can. I hope Ollie/Brown/Cronin et al do the same for the American.

Yeah I'm not clear on what people on here expect him to say. "Honestly, Andy, the conference is fine but it's not nearly as good as it was when Connecticut, Syracuse, Pitt, and Louisville were involved. Quite frankly, I wish I coached at UConn, the finest program in the land, but they already have the best coach in American in Kevin Ollie."

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Archie D carries the ball every bit as much as Jalen

Yes, but does he carry it as much as Fudgie thought Chris Smith did?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
When Nova, PC, and Seton Hall are contending for the NBE title - HOW STRONG CAN IT BE?
When you win something of any substance or get past the second round at the dance - the you can talk

Reaction Score
Well it is New Years eve. Just saying.

Reaction Score
When Nova, PC, and Seton Hall are contending for the NBE title - HOW STRONG CAN IT BE?
When you win something of any substance or get past the second round at the dance - the you can talk
The NBE thinks the NCAA's are a one weekend tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom