Jay Bilas | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jay Bilas

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
LaPhanso Ellis just said he has UConn to the Final Four on College Gameday (at UNC). Side note: favorite sign in the crowd…”Duke Loses, America Wins.”
At first I thought " Hold on. He went to Looeyvile." But now see his a Notre Damer!"

Me likey

Reaction Score
I specifically remember Doug Gottlieb picking against us in every game that year. Chuck wasn't a fan either, I remember him saying at halftime of the Michigan State game that he expected them to blow us out in the 2nd half. That didn't go exactly like he predicted.
Chuck was (and is) always a good sport though. Took some ragging after the title and bought a bunch of UConn fans drinks.

Reaction Score
LaPhanso Ellis just said he has UConn to the Final Four on College Gameday (at UNC). Side note: favorite sign in the crowd…”Duke Loses, America Wins.”
Does anyone have that on video?

Reaction Score
This afternoon, just before the beginning of Purdue vs Illinois, Devin Harris, one of the analysts on Fox College Hoops, picked UConn to the Final Four!

Reaction Score
This afternoon, just before the beginning of Purdue vs Illinois, Devin Harris, one of the analysts on Fox College Hoops, picked UConn to the Final Four!
I'm not "drinking the poison" (as Hurley called it). Last season a few also picked the Huskies to go to the Final Four. And look what that got us. The team stinks. They have no point guard. They can't win road games. Yada, yada, yada. :)

Reaction Score
met Jay walking around San Antonio in 2004 before the Sat. semi-final. He turned to my 11 yo son and said "UConn is the best team here".
I have always like Jay and his analysis and I agree with it most times, but not all the time. He does a really good job calling games, too.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Jay Bilas was a guest on PTI just now. Tony asked him who would scare Bilas in the tournament….He said, Marquette and UCONN. Both are the real deal, Marquette….passing and D. Loves the PG. UCONN ran into a six or seven game slide, but have come back in a big way. Cited Sanogo and Hawkins, very complementary. Not sure if we’re doomed or not. I’m sure someone will fill me in.
Pretty sure Bilas is friends with JC and Geno. I know he was at the Hoops for Hope events years ago and had a lot of laughs with them.

Reaction Score
To be fair, Brimah doesn't get that and 1, the St. Joe's kid hits the buzzer beater, and Bilas would've been right. Some people forget that we were very close to losing that game and we needed OT to finish them off.
Oh we remember!

Reaction Score
I'm not "drinking the poison" (as Hurley called it). Last season a few also picked the Huskies to go to the Final Four. And look what that got us. The team stinks. They have no point guard. They can't win road games. Yada, yada, yada. :)
More poison.

Beating DePaul and Villanova isn't quite A-level work, but it's sure close. The Huskies won both by double figures and appear to be accumulating confidence heading into postseason play. That should scare the rest of college basketball.

Reaction Score
I’d rather everybody disrespect us, than let visions of grandeur get to our heads.
Me too. That is why I like that Hurley comment saying ” everyb was putting dirt on our grave in January, don’t give us flowers now.” They are playing with an edge and I love it.

Reaction Score
I’d rather everybody disrespect us, than let visions of grandeur get to our heads.
This worked in 11’ and 14’ when all the heads were late to jump on. I don’t know how this plays out but we have talent levels overall to match those teams.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
It's not I prefer disrespect necessarily, but being the trendy pick puts a target on the Media Darling's back. I just assume the talking heads hold true to form and pick Michigan State again.

Reaction Score
It's not I prefer disrespect necessarily, but being the trendy pick puts a target on the Media Darling's back. I just assume the talking heads hold true to form and pick Michigan State again.
It's why I like Hurley saying "don't give us flowers now, many of you were putting dirt on our grave". It gives the Huskies that chip on their shoulder and edge to counter the intensity that their opponents will bring to knock off the Media Darling.

Tyler Kolek from Marquette said the same thing about how everyone is marveling at Marquette's season. He responded by saying "why do we care what others think, these same people picked us to finish 9th in the BE at the beginning of the year".

Reaction Score
I’m not sure about Bilas, but I think Charles Barkley picked against us in all 6 games….and then he was the life of the party at the hotel bar after the game, serving drinks and leading the cheers. Chuck being Chuck!
Exactly. I well remember Barkley being against us right until the end :(

Reaction Score
Yeah Dickie V never called the national championship game because ESPN never carried the final and he worked for ABC a little bit too would have to have been Nantz if that was the case
Nance was living in CT then and gave us props:)

Reaction Score
It's why I like Hurley saying "don't give us flowers now, many of you were putting dirt on our grave". It gives the Huskies that chip on their shoulder and edge to counter the intensity that their opponents will bring to knock off the Media Darling.

Tyler Kolek from Marquette said the same thing about how everyone is marveling at Marquette's season. He responded by saying "why do we care what others think, these same people picked us to finish 9th in the BE at the beginning of the year".
I like it too. But let's not pretend that it was only the media that was putting dirt on the Grave. Shovel sales mysteriously rose among the BY in late January

Reaction Score
I like it too. But let's not pretend that it was only the media that was putting dirt on the Grave. Shovel sales mysteriously rose among the BY in late January
Oh I know many here on the Boneyard were guilty of this. Anything to keep these Huskies angry and motivated works for me-they seem to really respond well to that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom