Jay Bilas | The Boneyard

Jay Bilas

Reaction Score
Jay Bilas was a guest on PTI just now. Tony asked him who would scare Bilas in the tournament….He said, Marquette and UCONN. Both are the real deal, Marquette….passing and D. Loves the PG. UCONN ran into a six or seven game slide, but have come back in a big way. Cited Sanogo and Hawkins, very complementary. Not sure if we’re doomed or not. I’m sure someone will fill me in.

Reaction Score
EeeeSay what you want about Bilas but he has always been real about UConn. Not to mention, he made the whole College Basketball Capital of the World bad monologue
I thought it was Dickie V who proclaimed UConn the capital in 99 or so. I like Bilas. He seems unbiased about UConn. Not bad for a Duke alum.

Reaction Score
I thought it was Dickie V who proclaimed UConn the capital in 99 or so. I like Bilas. He seems unbiased about UConn. Not bad for a Duke alum.
Pretty sure it was Nantz that said it first. Makes more sense than Dickie V. I don't think he ever called a NC game.

Reaction Score
Say what you want about Bilas but he has always been real about UConn. Not to mention, he made the whole College Basketball Capital of the World monologue
Note from his 2014 bracket:

Mar 17, 2014 · But Bilas balances this out with an upset pick in the form of Saint Joseph's taking down Connecticut in the Round of 64.

Jay picked against UConn in all 6 games. Finally had to admit the 2014 UConn team had "toughness".

Reaction Score
Jay Bilas was a guest on PTI just now. Tony asked him who would scare Bilas in the tournament….He said, Marquette and UCONN. Both are the real deal, Marquette….passing and D. Loves the PG. UCONN ran into a six or seven game slide, but have come back in a big way. Cited Sanogo and Hawkins, very complementary. Not sure if we’re doomed or not. I’m sure someone will fill me in.
1677904749420.gif

Reaction Score
Did Bilas see what Creighton did their last game? There could be multiple Big East teams reaching the Elite 8.

Reaction Score

Mar 17, 2014 · But Bilas balances this out with an upset pick in the form of Saint Joseph's taking down Connecticut in the Round of 64.

Jay picked against UConn in all 6 games. Finally had to admit the 2014 UConn team had "toughness".
To be fair, Brimah doesn't get that and 1, the St. Joe's kid hits the buzzer beater, and Bilas would've been right. Some people forget that we were very close to losing that game and we needed OT to finish them off.

Reaction Score
To be fair, Brimah doesn't get that and 1, the St. Joe's kid hits the buzzer beater, and Bilas would've been right. Some people forget that we were very close to losing that game and we needed OT to finish them off

Ifs don’t mean a thing as we know. If Missouri’s defense doesn’t let Tyus Edney prance his way to the basket at buzzer in ‘95 we win our first national championship earlier.

Brimah made the biggest play of his career against St Joes, glad he did.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
To be fair, Brimah doesn't get that and 1, the St. Joe's kid hits the buzzer beater, and Bilas would've been right. Some people forget that we were very close to losing that game and we needed OT to finish them off.
Post/Handle

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

Are you sure he picked against them in all 6 games? I know he picked St. Joe's to win but honestly I don't think anyone had high hopes for us considering the beat down we took in our last game before the tournament.

Reaction Score
Are you sure he picked against them in all 6 games? I know he picked St. Joe's to win but honestly I don't think anyone had high hopes for us considering the beat down we took in our last game before the tournament.
I’m not sure about Bilas, but I think Charles Barkley picked against us in all 6 games….and then he was the life of the party at the hotel bar after the game, serving drinks and leading the cheers. Chuck being Chuck!

Reaction Score
Pretty sure it was Nantz that said it first. Makes more sense than Dickie V. I don't think he ever called a NC game.
Yeah Dickie V never called the national championship game because ESPN never carried the final and he worked for ABC a little bit too would have to have been Nantz if that was the case

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I’m not sure about Bilas, but I think Charles Barkley picked against us in all 6 games….and then he was the life of the party at the hotel bar after the game, serving drinks and leading the cheers. Chuck being Chuck!

I specifically remember Doug Gottlieb picking against us in every game that year. Chuck wasn't a fan either, I remember him saying at halftime of the Michigan State game that he expected them to blow us out in the 2nd half. That didn't go exactly like he predicted.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom