Javonte Brown-Ferguson to UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Javonte Brown-Ferguson to UConn

ElmCity40th

F…y’all talkin bout?
Reaction Score
I guess one good thing came out of this bum ass night...Welcome Javonte Brown Ferguson good times ahead!!! I gotta wonder how long DU and the staff knew. The sports coat came off quite quick and he wasn’t overly hyped tonight... he knows he is turning this thing around.

Reaction Score
Glad the start of the game didn't scare him away. Welcome to UCONN Javonte!!!!!

That's great now if we can get some guards that play under control and can run some plays. Low basketball IQ. It's been killing Uconn the last few years.

Reaction Score
After today’s game i really wish he looked like more of an immediate impact that i could get excited about

Reaction Score
Brown-Ferguson’s official visit to UConn was the weekend of Oct. 20. He said as soon as he got on campus, he got the vibe it was the place for him.

“The moment I realized was when I first stepped on campus and I saw all the guys practicing and saw the assistant coaches and how intense they are and how the players took to them,” he said. “You can tell they really want to win. I want to be a part of that culture.”

For all those doubters in the other thread who kept saying UConn wasn't getting him. All the signs were there.

Reaction Score
Don't want a horrendous performance to spoil this good news. There is no excuse for how bad we were tonight and Hurley has to get them playing much better but this team is going to get a lot better once we see Cole, Gaffney, Bouknight, Jackson, Akok, Javonte etc. on the court. I hope we get good sooner but we may have to completely cycle out the players Ollie brought in before we become legit good again.

Javonte is young and needs to get more explosive and stronger but he's the only guy with an NBA big man frame we've brought in years. He has a huge wingspan, huge hands, and finishing/touch around the rim. He may take a little bit but way more upside than Josh.

Reaction Score
Brown-Ferguson’s official visit to UConn was the weekend of Oct. 20. He said as soon as he got on campus, he got the vibe it was the place for him.

“The moment I realized was when I first stepped on campus and I saw all the guys practicing and saw the assistant coaches and how intense they are and how the players took to them,” he said. “You can tell they really want to win. I want to be a part of that culture.”

For all those doubters in the other thread who kept saying UConn wasn't getting him. All the signs were there.

Chief knew

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Got the big man that Hurley and the coaching staff wanted.

Now onto the spring and see what shakes forth

Reaction Score
I don’t get it

you’re excited about this big new kid ... but you feel it’s ok to side slap Josh Carlton - the reigning AAC Most Improved - for what reason?

Carlton has come a long way. His awareness & simple footwork show a ton of work & his capacity to accept coaching. Don’t like St Joes game by him ... we knew he had an odd matchup going on.

Reaction Score
I don’t get it

you’re excited about this big new kid ... but you feel it’s ok to side slap Josh Carlton - the reigning AAC Most Improved - for what reason?

Carlton has come a long way. His awareness & simple footwork show a ton of work & his capacity to accept coaching. Don’t like St Joes game by him ... we knew he had an odd matchup going on.
If you're responding to me, yes I'm far more excited for Javonte than I am Josh, also far more excited for Bouknight than Vital, Jackson than Polley. The coaching staff is too.

Reaction Score
I kind of wish we could clean house of guys like Wilson, Whaley, Polley and even Adams as we just need better talent on this team as evident by tonight.

Reaction Score
You make me rethink not wanting to use the the Dislike button.
I just wish the talent level could be raised significantly and we could bring in better recruits now that Hurley seems to be doing well on the recruiting trail. The talent level needs to be raised especially going into the big east.

Reaction Score
Just need to ride the next year out. We’ll be in the Big East soon and more of Hurley’s own guys are coming in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom