Jatarie White to South Carolina | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jatarie White to South Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
First of all I have no idea if Wilson will come. As you know its between UConn and USC and from the threads on this board her parents would like to see her here. However Aja is getting a lot of pressure from Jatarie Bianca and friends to stay in SC to play. They are all friends. Now if you think that Aja is not friends with UConn 3 sophs and talking to Mojeff Morgan and Breanna after playing with them on the USA team I would think your nuts. So she has friends on both sides.

Why is she waiting to make her decision? I don't think its a big deal. Well didn't Breanna wait, and a few other recruits coming to UConn. I like our chances. I think its a toss up between UConn and USC. If it comes down after our season and we win another NC I like our chances even more. I also agree that with USC getting so many good recruits it may be a tuff decision. However we are UConn and we deliver the very best opportunities to every ball player and if she wants them great and if she doesn't its her decision. If she wasn't coming to UConn Geno would say he stopped recruiting her. He hasn't so there is still mutual interest.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Uconn can pretty much erase Wilson from their list and focus elsewhere. Too many variables in
favor of SC.

Wow, really..?? Does Geno know this..?? Did Wilson decide she no longer wants to win National Championships? Did she change her mind about Stewie being her role model and favorite player? Was her experience this past summer playing w/ the best players and winning gold actually negative, not the highlight of her basketball career so far?

I have no idea if Wilson will chose UConn or some other school. But I sure as hell understand UConn should not "erase Wilson from their list." Be patient and let things play out...Go Huskies..!!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Uconn can pretty much erase Wilson from their list and focus elsewhere. Too many variables in
favor of SC.
Someone's a negative Nellie.

Reaction Score
Well, whatever the story line is with Tenn and who they got when, how and why, it would be nice if Wilson decides in our favor; but, I cannot feel positive about her coming. SC has gone out and buy all the pieces for her. It is her show to run- and she (her family) has been quoted at the boneyard as saying she wants to build her own empire (I suspect this may explain why she has waited- to see how the pieces fall into place. Perhaps out of courtesy to Dawn, who may have asked for time. As for those who taking 'cheap' shots at Dawn- she has done extremely well, as others have pointed out. Indeed, much better than her peers/and friends from the UCONN tree. Different situations, notwithstanding). We are UCONN of course, so we will, once again, shout out the usual claims: best coaches, most championships, and a chance to play among the very best, etc. (But as they say: God bless the child who got her own). I'm also not very optimistic about Nurse coming to CT. Don't get me wrong-- I want her to come. Will her coming causes Durr and other guards ask for some reassurances. At the same time, money in the bank is real.
It would be Nurse (who with her Olympic background, size, and PG skill set should be a perfect match for Geno's system) who may wonder how and when Geno would use her, not Durr! Geno never promises playing time, and as I've said many times great players just like Maya, or Stewie, Wilson, Durr, and Samuelson don't pick a school based on playing time. They play, and other players then flourish around them. If Geno recruits you and you work hard, and learn the system you'll play. Uconn will contend for Miss Wilson because no coach in the world gets more out of his players, teaches team basketball on both ends of the court, surrounds you with the best team oriented talent, and puts you in position to become great at this level and beyond. No disrespect to Dawn Staley, but she isn't Geno, and Miss Wilson knows this. You choose Uconn to be challenged, and go to other places to be pampered.

Reaction Score
Tennessee's class doesn't have to be loaded with top 5 players this year. There is usually a drop off after highly ranked classes because of the deep bench recruits see. Look at your last class with Saniya only. This class our goal was to add some good shooters and give the backcourt depth and versatility. Dunbar is an excellent shooter but needs to expand her game. Middleton is a solid top 25 guard and Nared is a wild card. She is extremely talented and athletic. Keep in mind that we graduate only Meighan. Cumulatively this bunch is an upgrade from her. As to not getting White, we have a deep front court right now so I don't blame her for going elsewhere. She in combination with Coates will be extremely tough down low.

Reaction Score
If Geno recruits you and you work hard, and learn the system you'll play. .

Not true. There may be better players than you on the team and they will take most of the play time. It is a competition within a team to get the most play time. Lauren Engeln and Michala Johnson had to transfer and they are now starting for their respective teams. Geno gives you a chance to compete with the best for playing time and you may get beat out...

Reaction Score
Tennessee's class doesn't have to be loaded with top 5 players this year. There is usually a drop off after highly ranked classes because of the deep bench recruits see. Look at your last class with Saniya only. This class our goal was to add some good shooters and give the backcourt depth and versatility. Dunbar is an excellent shooter but needs to expand her game. Middleton is a solid top 25 guard and Nared is a wild card. She is extremely talented and athletic. Keep in mind that we graduate only Meighan. Cumulatively this bunch is an upgrade from her. As to not getting White, we have a deep front court right now so I don't blame her for going elsewhere. She in combination with Coates will be extremely tough down low.
Yes, Meighan's graduation should improve the team.

RandomFan85

A Rogue LV Fan
Reaction Score
[quote="ericsandiego, post: 745949, member: 26"
Just like Middleton - who outplayed every top guard on the AAU circuit this past season except maybe for Mitchell - and even then it was close. Middleton is at the very worst the 2nd best guard in that class. The recruiting services are lame and didn't do their homework. And just wait till the Tennessee coaches get their hands on her and really teach her their offense. She will certainly then be "something"...
[/quote]

Yes, because look at what our coaches have been able to do with Massengale and Simmons after they got their hands on them...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
[quote="ericsandiego, post: 745949, member: 26"
Yes, because look at what our coaches have been able to do with Massengale and Simmons after they got their hands on them...

I am ever so glad you got my sarcasm because that's exactly how I meant that line! ;)

Last edited:

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I guess Harry Perratta never got through how to play offense to Tenn coaches. Theyre still trying to figure it out. Nice deal huh. Head coach at a D1 school and cant team offense and get paid for it. Tenn is ranked 4th in some polls not in mine. They may be 5-10 and we will see at the end of the season what happens in the NCAAs. With their easy schedule we will see what happens. Just like the past few years hopes are high in Tenn and results are diminished when the NCAAs come. Tenn is not ready for big time BB and until they get someone to team them they wont be. Like I said a couple of years ago. CV Stringer was being pursuded and didn't get the job. WHY?

RandomFan85

A Rogue LV Fan
Reaction Score
If you ask Tennessee fans, though, she would have been a "nice" get, but they already have Russell and she was not needed.

I don't think White was a must for this recruiting year, but adding depth in the post behind an injury-prone Harrison would have been great.

Reaction Score
Not true. There may be better players than you on the team and they will take most of the play time. It is a competition within a team to get the most play time. Lauren Engeln and Michala Johnson had to transfer and they are now starting for their respective teams. Geno gives you a chance to compete with the best for playing time and you may get beat out...
Johnson fell behind at Uconn because of injury, and Engeln knew coming in she was a role player whose time would be limited. Most players know the pecking order of talent on a given team. Most coaches like going 8 - 10 deep depending on how much of a talent drop off there is at the end without losing unity of the team on the court. It is often hard to grasp for players use to being big fish in small ponds to adjust to being small fish in the ocean.

Reaction Score
Every time a player commits to a school Tennessee is always the topic of discussion.

Reaction Score
Every time a player commits to a school Tennessee is always the topic of discussion.

That's because Tenn casts a wide net. They were targeting at least 16 players earlier in the year, including most of the top 10.

Reaction Score
Johnson fell behind at Uconn because of injury, and Engeln knew coming in she was a role player whose time would be limited. Most players know the pecking order of talent on a given team. Most coaches like going 8 - 10 deep depending on how much of a talent drop off there is at the end without losing unity of the team on the court. It is often hard to grasp for players use to being big fish in small ponds to adjust to being small fish in the ocean.

Johnson and Engeln were the first ones committed for their class. How could they know that they would be role players?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
;)

Actually one can easily see a NC around the corner from South Carolina. well depending on what part of South Carolina you are located :p

Adding White next year is going to be a big boost for USC. Adding Wilson would, IMO, make them an immediate contender. If UNC were to land Wilson I would say the same for them. Can I say the same for Tennessee? Not sure.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
;)

Yeah, but THAT is a different kind of NC. :)

Actually one can easily see a NC around the corner from South Carolina. well depending on what part of South Carolina you are located :p

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
For those players who are willing to make a Total Commitment UConn is their home. If not UConn will continue without them. Let me set things straight. UConn has beaten top teams without Tuck who was in HS before her injury the number 1 player in her class ahead of Breanna and KML who was number 1 in her class. If UConn can continue to roll without two great players like Tuck and KML and not miss a beat they will do it without any other great players. Think about what I just posted. This tells you how good UConn is. Take any top team in WCBB and take away 2 of their top players on being their number 1 shooter and put them against 5 top teams and see what happens. Heck teams 2-10 in the polls are struggleing now with a healthy roster. Think about it the next time your worried about UConn winning. If you cant play as a team, within a team concept, for a coach who coaches a team and without an attitude then you wont win a NC.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Adding White next year is going to be a big boost for USC. Adding Wilson would, IMO, make them an immediate contender. If UNC were to land Wilson I would say the same for them. Can I say the same for Tennessee? Not sure.
how about for UConn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01