2025 Recruiting: - Jasmine Davidson | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Jasmine Davidson

Reaction Score
Davidson, a 6-foot-1 wing from Happy Valley (Oregon) Clackamas High School set an official visit to UCLA for Oct. 11, she told On3 Friday at Nike Nationals.

“I really like the coaches, just the relationships that I’m building with them,” Davidson told On3 of UCLA. “And then I got pretty close to Sienna [Betts] over at our USA trip. So, that was cool, and I would love to play with her in college. I mean, that definitely is a factor.”

Up to this point, Jazzy Davidson has only visited USC, but she hopes to visit all six programs before making her final decision on a landing spot this spring.

Jana and KK work your magic :eek:

Reaction Score
Davidson, a 6-foot-1 wing from Happy Valley (Oregon) Clackamas High School set an official visit to UCLA for Oct. 11, she told On3 Friday at Nike Nationals.

“I really like the coaches, just the relationships that I’m building with them,” Davidson told On3 of UCLA. “And then I got pretty close to Sienna [Betts] over at our USA trip. So, that was cool, and I would love to play with her in college. I mean, that definitely is a factor.”

Up to this point, Jazzy Davidson has only visited USC, but she hopes to visit all six programs before making her final decision on a landing spot this spring.

Hopefully Oct 11th weekend isn't the First night event for us. Would love for her to go to that, however I think it's usually the 2nd weekend of October. Hope I'm wrong!

Reaction Score
Hopefully Oct 11th weekend isn't the First night event for us. Would love for her to go to that, however I think it's usually the 2nd weekend of October. Hope I'm wrong!
Good question. If the point of bringing recruits out for First Night is to show the intensity of support the women’s basketball program enjoys, are there other occasions that will demonstrate similar or even broader support or popularity?

Reaction Score
Good question. If the point of bringing recruits out for First Night is to show the intensity of support the women’s basketball program enjoys, are there other occasions that will demonstrate similar or even broader support or popularity?
Sure, bring her in for the home game at Gampel against So. Florida on Nov 10, three days before the signing period starts. That'll be even more intense and eye opening for a couple hours.

Reaction Score
Sure, bring her in for the home game at Gampel against So. Florida on Nov 10, three days before the signing period starts. That'll be even more intense and eye opening for a couple hours.
The timing of Jazzy's UCLA visit so close to the start of the signing period and her comments about the school and Betts are somewhat discouraging. As far as First Night is concerned there is some disagreement over how effective that is as a recruiting tool.

Does it show support from the fans? Sure, but it is also run by student groups that manage to screw something up consistently year after year. I for one wish the athletic department would take it over and give us a polished professional presentation that for sure would be a valuable recruiting tool, but it has been left in the hands of student organizations with a track record of failure that sometimes is more embarrassing than effective recruiting tool IMO, but i know many disagree with that view.

Reaction Score
The timing of Jazzy's UCLA visit so close to the start of the signing period and her comments about the school and Betts are somewhat discouraging. As far as First Night is concerned there is some disagreement over how effective that is as a recruiting tool.

Does it show support from the fans? Sure, but it is also run by student groups that manage to screw something up consistently year after year. I for one wish the athletic department would take it over and give us a polished professional presentation that for sure would be a valuable recruiting tool, but it has been left in the hands of student organizations with a track record of failure that sometimes is more embarrassing than effective recruiting tool IMO, but i know many disagree with that view.
If you think that recruits are concerned with professional presentations, then you're probably out of touch with what 17 year old athletes care about. They all seem to have a great time and it's only one part of their official visit. The 2-3 days spent with the team and coaches is a large factor. Plus at least 90% of the female recruits that come for that event wind up at UConn. Besides, the event isn't for "us". It's for the students and recruits and they seem to make a helluva lot of noise in there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackruy1

Top Bottom