JaQuan Lyle... again | The Boneyard

JaQuan Lyle... again

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
So I'm pretty sure that we've cleared up on this board that the staff seems to be all set with JaQuan Lyle and they're going to reserve that scholarship for someone else in the coming year or two. But, ESPN just posted an article where it lists UConn as one of the schools still going hard at him. JL's quotes and the list of where he's going for his officials seem to indicate that he's not considering UConn as a realistic destination either. Can 3 or someone else verify this once and for all?

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncbrecruiting/on-the-trail/post?id=8599&ex_cid=espnapi_public

Reaction Score
I have a hard time believing that we are still on Lyle but who knows. You would have to think that a big (Govan) would be a priority at this point. 3 knows best.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Do not spend a lot of time thinking about Lyle.

Reaction Score
The official visits list says it all. Don't think we are very much interested anymore. But ESPN will keep listing UConn as interested so wherever he ends up, people can say that they beat UConn for him.

Reaction Score
With Jackson on board, you can guarantee Lyle will not be added.

Reaction Score
We aren't after him and haven't been for a while now.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
We aren't after him and haven't been for a while now.
Thanks, 3. That's exactly what I thought several months ago but wanted to verify after I saw this article. From what I've read on this board and elsewhere it doesn't even sound like he's a PG, or a combo for that matter. More of 2.

Reaction Score
You can have him. Stick around, we may have some other scraps for you.:)

Reaction Score
The commitments of Cassell, Ali & Jackson makes it seem that UConn has moved on. Cassell & Jackson are both PGs/SGs/Combos, which are very similar to Lyle. I would think UConn would only take a more natural PG, if they took another guard, but it really seems they are focusing on Bigs now (Centers/PFs). It almost seems to me that the UConn staff is recruiting with the thought of a 3 guard line up (but big guards) with 2 bigs on the court... with the traditional SF not a priority. That's my observation.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
247 sports has an article up saying that Lyle has cut his list and is down to a final four: Oregon, Oklahoma State, Kansas and Memphis, which is pretty much his official visit list.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
You can have him. Stick around, we may have some other scraps for you.:)
Sorry. we don't take players who strive to play in the NIT

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
No need to criticize Mr. Lyle or post things that would make him less likley to want to come here.

If things work out and Coach Ollie decides that he is destined to be a Husky, them I will welcome him with open arms, because that would mean that he meets the standards that Coach KO requires for character, academic performance and basketball playing ability.

Reaction Score
No need to criticize Mr. Lyle or post things that would make him less likley to want to come here.

If things work out and Coach Ollie decides that he is destined to be a Husky, them I will welcome him with open arms, because that would mean that he meets the standards that Coach KO requires for character, academic performance and basketball playing ability.

Good call

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score

That, and being a 5 Star recruit....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog