January 2021 UConn recruiting thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

January 2021 UConn recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Isn't Clardy '23? Still in the '22 UCONN guard mix I got Rice, Isai, Bransford and Paris.

Yes she is, and she's the best guard left on UConn's known POI list in my opinion, putting Tomlinson aside for a minute.

Haven't heard anything about Isai in a long time. I like Rice though I don't see her as a pure guard and don't feel confident about her chances of coming to UConn.

Bransford is the most similar to Jackson which makes me wonder why she'd come to UConn either if we are assuming early PT is a major factor.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Prior to pandemic, a student-athlete gets 5 years to play 4. She redshirted in 2019-20; so, that's one of those years exhausted. This 2020-21 season doesn't exhaust eligibility for anyone. So, she has 4 seasons remaining beginning in 2021-22 unless I'm missing something.
One thing that most are missing ... Ms Green like almost all top flight players goals are to play pro ball. For the most part as stated in another thread a number of them are majoring in BB 4 years for most is enough {without injury} I understand this and realize it's fun to speculate, just can't believe most of these top athletes won't go on to the next level.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I don't think we are in play for a guard in 22. Perhaps in 23 a good guard will come and intern for a year. But even that is a reach for a quality guard. Maybe someone will be more concerned about their 4 year development than playing right away.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Prior to pandemic, a student-athlete gets 5 years to play 4. She redshirted in 2019-20; so, that's one of those years exhausted. This 2020-21 season doesn't exhaust eligibility for anyone. So, she has 4 seasons remaining beginning in 2021-22 unless I'm missing something.
Her redshirt year at Louisville did not exhaust a year of her eligibility.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Her redshirt year at Louisville did not exhaust a year of her eligibility.
Did not exhaust eligibility, but counted as one of the 5 years a player gets to compete 4 seasons. So, she has only 4 years now to complete 4 seasons.

I believe you initially stated that she had 5 years of eligibility remaining. Not sure if you are using years/seasons as one and the same; nobody gets 5 seasons of eligibility (other than injury exceptions, and of course, now due to pandemic).

Reaction Score
Yes she is, and she's the best guard left on UConn's known POI list in my opinion, putting Tomlinson aside for a minute.

Haven't heard anything about Isai in a long time. I like Rice though I don't see her as a pure guard and don't feel confident about her chances of coming to UConn.

Bransford is the most similar to Jackson which makes me wonder why she'd come to UConn either if we are assuming early PT is a major factor.

Where do you feel like Rice is leaning?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
One thing that most are missing ... Ms Green like almost all top flight players goals are to play pro ball. For the most part as stated in another thread a number of them are majoring in BB 4 years for most is enough {without injury} I understand this and realize it's fun to speculate, just can't believe most of these top athletes won't go on to the next level.
Green has got a long way to go to be considered "top flight". She was fairly high in the class as a HS freshman (top 5?) but then took a steady tumble to mid 20 ish . A top flight player would have found a way to get minutes as a Freshman on Louisville vs redshirting. She did average 10 MPG in Louisville's first 5 games and did not show much before deciding to transfer. It's hard to see Green as a WNBA prospect in two years from now when she will first becomes WNBA eligible.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Ashlon Jackson committed to Duke

I'm a BIG Ashlon Jackson fan. I'm not surprised or disappointed. Congratulations to her. Duke is an excellent program, and an excellent academic institution. She will learn a lot from Kara who I know is "stoked" to get her. A BIG get for Duke.

I never posted my thoughts on where she would go, but after she revealed her final 5, I figured Duke would be her final choice. She will do well there. I didn't think she was coming to UConn with Paige and Azzi here. She wants to play, and playing time at either guard position at UConn will be limited the next 5 years. Spot duty at best.

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Aw man I wanted her bad but if not us I’m happy it’s Kara Duke is going to be special with her and DeJesus + whoever else they add!
She'll be in good hands. I'm very happy for her. :)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'm a BIG Ashlon Jackson fan. I'm not surprised or disappointed. Congratulations to her. Duke is an excellent program, and an excellent academic institution. She will learn a lot from Kara who I know is "stoked" to get her. A BIG get for Duke.

I never posted my thoughts on where she would go, but after she revealed her final 5, I figured Duke would be her final choice. She will do well there. I didn't think she was coming to UConn with Paige and Azzi here. She wants to play, and playing time at either guard position at UConn will be limited the next 5 years. Spot duty at best.

Is she any good?

Carnac

Reaction Score
Is she any good?
Yes, very!! ;) She's EXACTLY the kind of player Geno looks for. She'll never be sorry she chose Duke, and Duke will never be sorry it chose her. It won't take Duke fans long to embrace her. Her coaches and teammates love her. She knows how to put the ball in the basket.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
She must not be, she chose Duke. :rolleyes:

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Paulina seems to have that shoot-first mentality that Geno's looking for from Paige.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom