Jannah Tucker De-commits from Tennessee

Discussion in 'UConn Women's Basketball' started by WNBARookFan, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tonyc

Tonyc Optimus Prime

There have been problems at Tenn for a long time. Ive mentioned it. This is one more. We will find out as I dont think this one will be covered up. Why is JT leaving? I dont know...yet. Youve all mentioned great reasons why but we dont know. Its most likely a combination of alot of things. LOL I gotta wonder is shes looking at UConn. WOW would that blow to top off Rocky Top. We need to sit and wait and it will leak out sooner then later.

2. Bestiarius

Bestiarius

This one makes sense to me. Tucker stated that she was committing because (in part) that she was interested in rebuilding the program. Perhaps she felt her early commitment would encourage other top players to follow suit. If all of last week's visitors had bad things to say after their visit, and will be going elsewhere, there would be little chance of rebuilding on the horizon. Add to that TN being picked 4th in their conference, not being coached by Pat, management's gutting of the women's programs, the law suits, and finally the 44-13 football loss to Alabama. Could cause a recruit to be a mite discouraged about her future.

olddog and ericsandiego like this.
  3. easttexastrash

easttexastrash Stay Classy!

Should be interesting to see which universities pursue her or if she is the one doing the pursuing. I am guessing that if she decommitted from Tennessee that she already has a very short list of who she has signed with.

How far into the process was UConn on her list? UConn if, if not soured on her, would certainly have room for her, especially if she is looking to play on the perimeter.

4. easttexastrash

easttexastrash Stay Classy!

I truly don't see how a group of young, impressionable girls would go to Tennessee and get a really bad impression. It is still a top-notch program and has a lot to offer to a player. The fanbase is incredibly devoted and the facilities are great. Unless Holly really bombed I just can't imagine these girls clustering together and ragging on the program.

5. ericsandiego

ericsandiego Cronus

I thought she and UConn parted ways just before she made her final list. on the surface, her most likely destintion seems like it would be Penn State or West Virginia (villanova and UVA made her final 4, but i'm not sure sure if UVA is doing much recruiting wise)...

magical2 likes this.
  6. Jmpenn

Jmpenn Equitable Visitor

I don't have any theories on why Tucker changed her mind. Of course I don't think it is a good thing. It is never a positive in my eyes that a talented recruit decommits. I hope she finds a good fit and is happy. I am glad that TN still has a chance at several other talented recruits. I'm happy that the signing period is almost here and we will know one way or the other.

7. doggydaddy

doggydaddy Grampysorus Rex

All I know for sure is that if UConn had verbals from the 2nd and 8th ranked players in the 2013 class and they both decommitted, this place would be a nuthouse. I can only imagine what The Summitt looks like.

I suppose the good possiblity of getting Russell and Davis helps.

Husky7882, OneTrickPony and RadyLady like this.
  8. Bestiarius

Bestiarius

I'm not saying TN doesn't have all the things you mentioned. It's hard to determine what's cool to kids at any given moment and the bigger the group, the more likely it is that they will gravitate toward the same attitudes. How many kids would be sporting tattoos if their friends didn't approve of them. How did the UNC cluster commit happen, and why didn't it happen at TN or some other school?

I think the theory is as likely as any, but if too many people disagree, I'll be changing my opinion.:)

9. doggydaddy

doggydaddy Grampysorus Rex

Come on now, show some cajones! Stick to your opinion, no matter how stupid and idiotic!

Bestiarius and easttexastrash like this.
  10. HuskyFan1125

HuskyFan1125 "Dont be the same, be better"

WOW!!!!

Just logged on and shocked honestly. Cant believe the Vols had another person decommit. Thats #2 and #8 ( I agree with the post that said the BY would go bonkers).

Not sure why this happened but I am sure there is more to the story. Gut says she opts for Maryland! She is a Maryland kid and Frese can turn on the charm! And she has been known to lure away committed players (Harper).

Like any good story, this will come out eventually. I just hope Tucker is happy. Sorry guys but I just dont see her at UConn.

How many days before the season starts???

11. Kibitzer

Kibitzer Sky Soldier

This obsession with a team that is no longer a rival to UConn in any way mystifies me.

We don't play them (their choice), they are not in our conference (and no chance of Geno going to the SEC), Pat is fading from the scene, their ranking for the foreseeable future will be well below UConn (and others), and we seldom go head-to-head on recruits. So what's the justification for this big thread?

Jannah Tucker changed her mind.

Amazing.

Husky7882 likes this.
  12. cferraro04

cferraro04 Sensei

C'mon, Kibitzer...you can't deny these good folks their indulgence in Rocky-top schadenfreude. That would be un-husky-like. By the way, you look great on television...especially rooting for a republican...(just kidding)...

13. Wonkster

Wonkster

C'mon - *8 recruits don't decommit every day. #99 might, and few would care - it's a big deal with Tucker.

Besides, it keeps alive the possibility of a unique trifecta for UConn wbb - Tuck in the 2012 class, Tucker in the 2013 class, and Tuckest in the 2014 class!

14. Kibitzer

Kibitzer Sky Soldier

I'll send you an email about this tv stuff. And the 89 posts about a teenager who changed her mind

15. MilfordHusky

MilfordHusky Voice of Reason

MoJannah Tuckest is a superlative player.

wallman likes this.
  16. HuskyNan

HuskyNan Administrator

Veering off-topic, Geno has less than zero to say about which conference UConn may or may not go to. If the SEC offered UConn a say out of the disaster that's become the Big East, there would be dancing in the streets of Storrs.

magical2 and Icebear like this.
  17. Sonny44

Sonny44

Maybe an EDD type of reason?

18. pinotbear

pinotbear Silly Ol' Bear

19. Biff

Biff Mega Monster Moderator

I think I see the flaw in your logic. It is rare that a big thread is justified on the Boneyard. They just are.

VAMike23 likes this.
  20. Wonkster

Wonkster

What's even rarer is that a 4-page thread (so far) is considered a big thread.

Kibitzer, j'accuse you of exaggeration, or, at the least, impatience. Ya really gotta wait till it hits 10 pages before you can fairly judge it to be a big thread.

21. Wonkster

Wonkster

Help my feeble memory - did Tucker ever make it to Storrs, or did she quit shopping before it went that far?

22. Wonkster

Wonkster

So I infer from your post that, after all the pasta sauce is cleared away, Geno really was behind this whole thing!

[​IMG]

diggerfoot likes this.
  23. meyers7

meyers7 Smarty Pants

That is just soooo wrong.

24. jdubct

jdubct

Tucker never made it to visit Storrs. At the time she verballed to TN the Horde bloggers were indicating UConn had some interest in her.

25. Bestiarius

Bestiarius

This thread is Tuckering me out.

wallman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.