Jana El Alfy will come to CT from Egypt next year. Meet the future Husky | The Boneyard

Jana El Alfy will come to CT from Egypt next year. Meet the future Husky

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
"UConn women's basketball associate head coach Chris Dailey visited Jana El Alfy in Egypt. El Alfy and her dad, Ehab, gave Dailey a tour of the Pyramids and took her to a restaurant along the Nile River."
1672062803610.png

Reaction Score
"UConn women's basketball associate head coach Chris Dailey visited Jana El Alfy in Egypt. El Alfy and her dad, Ehab, gave Dailey a tour of the Pyramids and took her to a restaurant along the Nile River."
View attachment 82355
Just another example of what Chris means to the program! Can’t wait for Jana to join the Huskies - expect her to be another Husky that opponents hate to see, but at the same time, come to admire, due to both her effort, and performance.:cool:

Reaction Score
Awesome article — one of the best I’ve seen from Maggie! 3 things really stood out to me (and remember, I suck at numbers):

1. She has a really long wingspan

2. She and Ehab make CD look small in the first pic, and CD is tall

3. She has handles and a good jump shot, definitely in the mold of Breanna

4. I love the high release point on her shot as in pic #24

5. Ehab says Geno is very honest. This is what every recruit says about him and it’s a key to his success. It’s how he built a dynasty — no false promises

6. Jana thinks CD is “mom.” She won’t be disappointed

7. Jana will be awesome playing next to Ice and Ayanna. They will dominate the low post and she’ll rule from the high post.

8. She will love playing with our guards. It will be a highlight for her

9. I’m beginning to see much more clearly how Q will fit into this team, at the 3 and occasionally the 4 next to Jana Ice Ayanna. We will have a mind boggling rotation in the front court, and the backcourt with KK Ashlynn Allie Inês.

10. Add someone like Sarah Strong to this rotation and we will be unbelievably great.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
It will be great to see Jana develop her skills at UConn. I'm guessing she has a real
shot in her frosh year to be in the rotation...due to her abilities and our need.

I must confess just a tad of disappointment that she won't be arriving in January for second semester.
I envisioned Jana getting a headstart on nutrition/weights/competing in practices with and against our current bigs.

What a varied and wonderful class we have coming in:

Point guard KK Arnold
Shooting guard Ashlynn Shade
Multi-positional ; Qadence Samuels and Jana

Uhh...just a thought...undoubtedly flailing at windmills: January is in the year of 2023. Reading that article on CD's very cool
trip to Egypt I saw no mention of a September arrival...just her 'arrival' as a frosh. Whether in January or September Jana would be a frosh.

Reaction Score
Interesting article. At some point, we thought Louisville had the inside track but as it turns out they were not even in her top 4 schools before Uconn showed interest. She sounds like she is going to be really really good.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"I’ve always wanted to go to UConn," El Alfy said. "When they reached out to me, I was beyond happy and excited. I had a lot of offers too, but I just felt that UConn was the best place for me and that’s where I want to go."

How many times have we seen this. Seeing it never gets dull. Could be strongest across the Atlantic too.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"She’s an amazing person," El Alfy said of Dailey. "She has this energy that will just make you very comfortable talking with her and just having a conversation with her. I felt like she was like my mom. She’s amazing. I love her."

She's Torville to Geno's Dean. We are supremely lucky.

Reaction Score
Our overseas recruits have been exceptional so far and Jana will be another exceptional recruit. Her size and shooting ability will fit right in with Geno's way of playing basketball. Her size at 6' 2" will also be a big factor in our continuing rebounding dominance. This is why all the players love CD, because of the personal touch CD provides. I also agree with #12in21 that Uconn will be " bad for basketball" again which in my opinion is not bad. GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
Our overseas recruits have been exceptional so far and Jana will be another exceptional recruit. Her size and shooting ability will fit right in with Geno's way of playing basketball. Her size at 6' 2" will also be a big factor in our continuing rebounding dominance. This is why all the players love CD, because of the personal touch CD provides. I also agree with #12in21 that Uconn will be " bad for basketball" again which in my opinion is not bad. GO HUSKIES!!!
I'd put her at 6'4" at least. In the pic above, she looks similar to Dorka and maybe a tiny bit shorter than Amari. But who can really tell with camera angles?

Reaction Score
I have to correct myself on Jana"s height. She's 6' 4" and it looks like she has a larger wing-span than Breanna's 7'1". Jana will be special player for Uconn and a surprise like Lou is. BIG future. GO JANA!! GO HUSKIES!!!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
What a fun read! Make sure you scroll through the pics...I like the one of CD on a camel.

Here's my fave though:

View attachment 82356

It looks like she has about a 10 foot wingspan. ;) :eek: :D

1672085620914.jpeg

Taking one for the team..................doing what you have to do, going where you have to go including riding a camel, a donkey or an elephant. The things a coach will do to gain a recruit's (and their family) favor. I wonder what CD's thoughts were just before climbing about that camel? :confused: I'd bet the farm that was her first camel ride.

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
CD isn’t short but she looks it next to the El Alfys
I can't find CD's height listed anywhere. I even tried to find her Rutgers team roster for 1979, can't find it. I read somewhere here in the yard that CD is 6'2". She does look small standing between Jana and her father who looks to be at least 6'9". :eek:

Reaction Score
I can't find CD's height listed anywhere. I even tried to find her Rutgers team roster for 1979, can't find it. I read somewhere here in the yard that CD is 6'2". She does look small standing between Jana and her father who looks to be at least 6'9". :eek:
That's with her 4-5 inch heels on. According to this site she's about 5-9.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom