Jana El Alfy article | The Boneyard

Jana El Alfy article

sun

Reaction Score
It's a coincidence that the same injury to Aaron Rodgers was on the national TV evening news ~2 days ago.
And now he just had his surgery & is optimistic about making a comeback.
We all take healing for granted as Jana & others do in the article, but I've read that in some cases it can take up to 2 years to regain full mobility.
It just means that it can be an ongoing issue & not simply an "I'll be back next year as good as new."
The player may be back but only time will tell when they'll be 100% & pain free & fully recovered.
I can only hope that she enjoys her down time & doesn't suffer any anxiety over it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Thank you Husky Nan for the post. When I heard Jana was coing to Uconn, I found as much as I could about her. The fact that her Dad was the BB coach of Egypt;s team I was sure we had a winner. My firm belief in Jana was she was going to far excel in what anyone thought she would do and when she got hurt, it devastated me. I really wanted to see her play. I am officially 90- years old and don't know how much longer I have to watch UCONN BB., but I will never stop watching my Huskies . The last, 3 years have been frustrating to me with all the injuriesn not watching Paige and Caroline play,showing their tremendous talent. If the injuries had not happened, I believe we would be at 14 NCs. But, I have faith Uconn will prevail. GO NHUSKIES!!!!!

Reaction Score
It's a coincidence that the same injury to Aaron Rodgers was on the national TV evening news ~2 days ago.
And now he just had his surgery & is optimistic about making a comeback.
We all take healing for granted as Jana & others do in the article, but I've read that in some cases it can take up to 2 years to regain full mobility.
It just means that it can be an ongoing issue & not simply an "I'll be back next year as good as new."
The player may be back but only time will tell when they'll be 100% & pain free & fully recovered.
I can only hope that she enjoys her down time & doesn't suffer any anxiety over it.

Man…. Do you ever say anything positive

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Man…. Do you ever say anything positive
2E8CDE7D-8DB3-4E44-8538-CD414E439458.jpeg

PvP

Reaction Score
Interestingly Aaron Rodgers said in an interview that his rehab planned might well allow him to return THIS YEAR! As the injury is possibly similar to Jana's, I hope someone from Storrs will contact the Jets medical team for more information....

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Interestingly Aaron Rodgers said in an interview that his rehab planned might well allow him to return THIS YEAR! As the injury is possibly similar to Jana's, I hope someone from Storrs will contact the Jets medical team for more information....

I believe that one of the players (running back for the Rams?) in the Super Bowl a few years ago was playing after surgery about 5 months earlier. I think Rodgers has that situation in mind. Whether that comes with additional risks, I'm not sure.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
I believe that one of the players (running back for the Rams?) in the Super Bowl a few years ago was playing after surgery about 5 months earlier. I think Rodgers has that situation in mind. Whether that comes with additional risks, I'm not sure.
True but if I'm correct tht player was a 23-24 year old, Rodgers will be 40, the only people tht may disagree are the ones that haven't turned 40.

PvP

Reaction Score
Further details have been revealed about Rodgers' surgery which was fairly radical. It included an internal support structure designed to speed up the healing process. Jana can't benefit from this after the fact unfortunately.

Reaction Score
Rogers is done for this season. At best he would be playing in January in New York and the weather at that time of year isn't conducive to rehabbing and injury while also playing. The only exception would be if the tear was somewhere other than the calcaneus bone in the foot. If it was on the upper part of the Achilles then he very definitely could play but it will still be cold in New York.

Reaction Score
Rodgers should just hang it up. I'm not a big fan of his aloof ways. Plus, I think he's the most overrated player ever. He's choked so many times in big games, ive lost count.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom